PDA

View Full Version : Did whiny Scrub fans get their way?

santo=dorf
03-29-2005, 06:15 PM
*adjusts tin foil cap*

Remember that Simpsons episode where the only books Lisa can find at the library are a couple of books about Ron Santo? After she puts the books back on the shelf, a bum comes up an says "alright! toilet paper!"

I recall many Cub fans whining about this writing letters to Fox and going as far as claiming that Matt Groening was a Sox fan.

This episode is currently airing here on the local Fox affiliate, however they edited the episode so the bum never grabs the books, thus Santo's book is never used as toilet paper. :?:

Very interesting......

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 06:25 PM
I don't think they got their way. Ever use sandpaper for that purpose? I won't go any further to keep this out of the Roadhouse.

skobabe8
03-29-2005, 08:40 PM
*adjusts tin foil cap*

Remember that Simpsons episode where the only books Lisa can find at the library are a couple of books about Ron Santo? After she puts the books back on the shelf, a bum comes up an says "alright! toilet paper!"

I recall many Cub fans whining about this writing letters to Fox and going as far as claiming that Matt Groening was a Sox fan.

This episode is currently airing here on the local Fox affiliate, however they edited the episode so the bum never grabs the books, thus Santo's book is never used as toilet paper. :?:

Very interesting......

What episode?? What season????

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-29-2005, 08:45 PM
It could simply be a syndication cut. Once newer episodes start to re-run, they make cuts to the episode so they can fit it under 22 minutes. I was amazed to find so many scenes I never saw from seasons 1-3 because I missed the original showings, and only saw the re-run versions of them.

cheeses_h_rice
03-29-2005, 08:59 PM
It could simply be a syndication cut. Once newer episodes start to re-run, they make cuts to the episode so they can fit it under 22 minutes. I was amazed to find so many scenes I never saw from seasons 1-3 because I missed the original showings, and only saw the re-run versions of them.

This is the correct answer. Syndicated episodes usually have a minute or two cut from them.

As for this thread... :rolleyes:

PAPChiSox729
03-29-2005, 09:06 PM
This is the correct answer. Syndicated episodes usually have a minute or two cut from them.

*puts on tin foil cap*

I don't know, I kind of like santo=dorf's reason better. The media bias strikes again!

DMarte708
03-29-2005, 10:18 PM
Santo, the episode aired yesterday on Fox Chicago and I noticed the same exact thing.

I don't buy the scenes omission as a simple syndication cut.

Why is it difficult to fathom someone writing FOX network a letter requesting its removal?

SaltyPretzel
03-29-2005, 10:22 PM
I remember a scene from the "Bobo" episode when Mr. Burns' brother George said "It will be funny when I'm old and decrepit" and it was changed in the rerun. The change didn't save any time at all.

santo=dorf
03-29-2005, 11:03 PM

I didn't plan on making this a serious thread. It was more of a poke at Hangar.:rolleyes:

daveeym
03-30-2005, 08:52 AM
They don't even have to cut for syndication anymore they have that technology that removes every 3rd frame or whatever so they can make it fit no matter what.

Hangar18
03-30-2005, 05:20 PM
Say, I remember that Episode! I thought that was HILARIOUS.
And I do remember the Blue-Sheep Outcry (including the Media).
You can bet it has nothing to do with editing for commercial time.
What does that save? about 1 second? Thats BullJunk.