PDA

View Full Version : Total ********: Pierzynski rumours

soxfan43
03-29-2005, 11:18 AM
I read on cnnsi.com Truth and Rumors that the media in St. Paul is reporting the sox aren't happy with picking up AJ and the sox are trying to trade him. Sounds like BS to me from a media with a vendetta against AJ

DaveIsHere
03-29-2005, 11:21 AM
I read on cnnsi.com Truth and Rumors that the media in St. Paul is reporting the sox aren't happy with picking up AJ and the sox are trying to trade him. Sounds like BS to me from a media with a vendetta against AJ

I read that on their MLB board, sounds like a crock from everything I have been hearing about AJ

jackbrohamer
03-29-2005, 11:24 AM
Another unattributed "rumor" about AJ. Very useful.

s.dedalus
03-29-2005, 11:28 AM
It's Charley Walters. He doesn't have a vendetta. The Twin Cities press *loves* AJ and will continue to do so regardless of his team, as long as he stays quotable.

Walters' column is the sports equivalent of the gossip page. You can evaluate everything he says with the following filter:

If he prints it, that means he heard it somewhere. I doubt he makes things up. He doesn't, however, appear to allow for any discrimination between sources. This bit of "information" would be equally printable to Walters if it came from a phone tap on KW's home line OR if it came from a drunk peanut vendor at the Sox spring training park.

I'm sure there's an equivalent in the Chicago papers: somebody who's looking to break news, any news, as long as it's controversial and unforeseen.

Foulke You
03-29-2005, 11:30 AM

Call me crazy here, but I have a feeling the Sox would wait for the season to actually BEGIN before making their mind up about their new free agent catcher. Has anyone heard of a high profile free agent signing and then being traded before the season starts? Me neither. What would be the reason?

:KW
"I'm sorry AJ, your Spring Training numbers have been disappointing, and we aren't contending for the Cactus League Title so we're gonna have to make a move"

A. Cavatica
03-29-2005, 11:37 AM
This bit of "information" would be equally printable to Walters if it came from a phone tap on KW's home line OR if it came from a drunk peanut vendor at the Sox spring training park.

What? KW offered AJ to the Twins for Santana and a drunk peanut vendor?

Tekijawa
03-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Call me crazy here, but I have a feeling the Sox would wait for the season to actually BEGIN before making their mind up about their new free agent catcher. Has anyone heard of a high profile free agent signing and then being traded before the season starts? Me neither. What would be the reason? "I'm sorry AJ, your Spring Training numbers have been disappointing, and we aren't contending for the Cactus League Title so we're gonna have to make a move"

Last I checked you can't trade a free agent until mid-may anyway?!?!? Why would you start shopping him months in advance? I guess this just proves how credible this story is...

Looks like The Minnesota and Chicago Media are similar in their baseball knowledge and their approach to reporting on the White Sox.

mikehuff
03-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Anyone have a link to this article?

balke
03-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Our pitchers are throwing inside, A.J. has taken shots at his old pitchers in the media, the team hs a real tough look to it overall. I think we got sick of being "wussies" and went out and got some people that will fight when necessary. I don't see A.J. going anywhere, he's part of our new image.

soxfan43
03-29-2005, 12:00 PM
Ya I think it's obvious this all a bunch of BS. They only signed him to a one year deal anyway, they aren't going to trade him. Hopefully he can rile up a good from garland and help lead buerhle to 20 wins.

mikehuff
03-29-2005, 12:01 PM
Never mind about the link. This is it word for word...

"Word in Chicago is that the White Sox are having second thoughts about their acquisition of ex-Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, and might try to trade him soon."

The "Word in Chicago is..." ???
What? Then, why are we hearing this information first from a St. Paul newspaper?
I say total B.S.!

soxfan43
03-29-2005, 12:14 PM
After reading the article its all a bunch of random rambling about many topics. I doubt this guy has any clue what Ken Williams is thinking. It's obvious Davis or Burke isn't the answer so I'm pretty sure AJ is in Chicago for the season and I can't wait till that first home plate collision.

mikesouthside
03-29-2005, 12:48 PM
My buddie just called me and said he read something about Sox wanting to trade AJ? Does anyone have any creditable info?

Rocky Soprano
03-29-2005, 12:49 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47274

WhiteSoxFan84
03-29-2005, 12:50 PM
My buddie just called me and said he read something about Sox wanting to trade AJ? Does anyone have any creditable info?

Roadhouse or crapper?

ChiSoxTony is back ladies and gentlemen!

Why the hell would the Sox trade someone they just picked up in the offseason? The guy was a steal and will be with the team for at least 2 years unless they have a fire sale and I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Ol' No. 2
03-29-2005, 12:51 PM
My buddie just called me and said he read something about Sox wanting to trade AJ? Does anyone have any creditable info?There is no credible info. There is, however, one report from a St. Paul reporter who apparently overheard it in a bus terminal. This guy makes ChiSoxTony seem like a solid source.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-29-2005, 12:52 PM

rumors from ST. PAUL... hmm.... are they trying to mess with AJ's head? I don't see this being true at all. Who the hell wants Ben Davis starting?

DaleJRFan
03-29-2005, 12:53 PM

Where did he read it? Who wrote it? What did it say?

Why? Because Buehrle said he works slow and fidgets with his glove between pitches?? Ugh... here we go. Why would the Sox want to trade a 280/320/380 catcher in AJ when their next best solution is Davis/Burke? I thought this was the problem they were trying to solve when they signed him.

I could easily start rumors about why Minnesota wants to trade Johan Santana, then we could all email it to our Twins friends to start some upheaval.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-29-2005, 01:02 PM
I could easily start rumors about why Minnesota wants to trade Johan Santana, then we could all email it to our Twins friends to start some upheaval.

:moron
"I'll give you $10 if you give me that piece of info first..."

PAPChiSox729
03-29-2005, 01:53 PM

:bs:

That's what it sounds like to me.

DaleJRFan
03-29-2005, 02:09 PM
:moron
"I'll give you $10 if you give me that piece of info first..."

:boston
"My sources tell me and I am reporting that the Twins have been looking for ways to cut salary to pay for their off-season signing of Brad Radke. In so the Twins have entered trade talks with the Cubs and have been exploring a possible Joe Mauer / Johan Santana for Jason DuBois / Glendon Rusch / Neifi Perez deal. This would be a huge deal for the Twins as they would get that 10th fielder they've been missing. Had the Twins been able to pinch hit Neifi in the ALDS last season, we most certainly would have seen a Minnesota / Boston ALCS..."

ND_Sox_Fan
03-29-2005, 05:47 PM
Check out this rumor (http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/charley_walters/11253831.htm) from the St. Paul Press (scroll part way down - it's a bullet point)....

Word in Chicago is that the White Sox are having second thoughts about their acquisition of ex-Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, and might try to trade him soon.

Probably some more BS from up there today.

mealfred13
03-29-2005, 05:48 PM
Hmm....sounds like a steaming pile if you ask me. But then I'm not a major league GM.

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 05:54 PM
Trade him already. Herm Schnieder is tired of wearing a cup.

Flight #24
03-29-2005, 09:43 PM
FWIW - Levine was asked about the AJ rumors by MJ&H, and he said he'd only heard good things about AJ and that while he wasn't surprised if the Sox were shopping a catcher, he'd expect it to be Davis (who he said hasn't looked in shape this spring).

He didn't exactly say the Sox love AJ and that the story's plain wrong, just that he thought it was "more likely" they'd deal Davis if possible.

He also said that while there's currently interest in Borchard (4 teams), "no one's going to give you much for him right now".

BridgePortNative
03-29-2005, 10:15 PM
There is no credible info. There is, however, one report from a St. Paul reporter who apparently overheard it in a bus terminal. This guy makes ChiSoxTony seem like a solid source.

By the way, where is ChiSoxTony? Haven't heard from him in a while :?:

santo=dorf
03-29-2005, 10:19 PM
By the way, where is ChiSoxTony? Haven't heard from him in a while :?:

His cousin's cell phone is broken. :rolleyes:

MarkyBear
03-30-2005, 08:00 AM
Didn't see this posted yet, thought I'd share...

Blurb outta the St. Paul Pioneer Press reads:

Word in Chicago is that the White Sox are having second thoughts about their acquisition of ex-Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, and might try to trade him soon.

Also, from the Tampa Tribune:

Another catcher, A.J. Pierzynski of the White Sox, is on the trading block.

Links: http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/columnists/charley_walters/11253831.htm

http://rays.tbo.com/rays/MGBXRO03X6E.html

Haven't heard nor read anything going on with him, if this is true and does happen, is it going to be Davis and Burke again doing the catching?

SoxWillWin
03-30-2005, 08:04 AM
Who knows if it's true, knowing the media. It could be just a rumor.

DaveIsHere
03-30-2005, 08:04 AM
uuumm there have been like 3 threads on this already, check Whats the Score?

MarkyBear
03-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Sorry, only checked in the Clubhouse... :(:

Mickster
03-30-2005, 08:58 AM
Trade him already. Herm Schnieder is tired of wearing a cup.

Am I the only one who got this??? :D:

DaveIsHere
03-30-2005, 09:18 AM
Am I the only one who got this??? :D:

Haha, no I got it, just never commented on it.

CHIsoxNation
03-30-2005, 09:39 AM
I would really like to know where all these rumors are coming from...

The Rays have set their sights on C Charles Johnson, expected to be released this week by Colorado. That would send C Kevin Cash to the minors. He is batting .190 this spring and has been slowed by a minor neck injury.

Ol' No. 2
03-30-2005, 09:40 AM

http://rays.tbo.com/rays/MGBXRO03X6E.htmlThis is getting ridiculous.

SoxFan48
03-30-2005, 09:42 AM
St. Paul Pioneer Press is reporting the same thing--that White Sox management has already tired of AJ and wants a trade.

CHIsoxNation
03-30-2005, 09:44 AM
I find this very hard to believe. I thought everyone was getting along just fine. Everyone was talking about how great he and MB worked together. I don't see why they would get rid of him so soon. Especially after hearing that Davis hurt his hand.

Baby Fisk

They are coming from some monkey's butt. Poor little monkey. Enough already!

JRIG

I can tell you where they'll going....

"What's the Score?"

MRKARNO
03-30-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm sure that the White Sox want to trade away one of the league's upper- to middle-tier catchers signed at a very low amount when there is no viable backup because Kenny WIlliams is the worst GM in baseball and AJ is a clubhouse cancer.

These rumors are definitely rooted in ridiculousness. No reason to give them any real credibility. The St. Paul Pioneer Press or whatever just made it up and the echo chamber followed.

SOXSINCE'70
03-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Just heard on Silvy and Carmen's show that it is a rumor.

They talked with Bruce LeVineLine and he confirmed it.

Just as everyone has said in this thread.:bs: :bs:

CHISOXFAN13
03-30-2005, 10:27 AM
Levine will be on Silvy and Carmen in a little bit to dicuss these ridiculous rumors.

From everything Levine is saying, everything that's been reported is exactly the opposite of how it has been.

This will likely be posted in the Clubhouse later, but Levine just said Ben Davis will be traded later today.

bigdommer
03-30-2005, 12:24 PM
Does anyone know about AJ supposedly being on the trading block? I read about this first in a Minnesota paper yesterday, and ignored it, as Twin propoganda. I read about again today on a Devil Ray website.

I usually get my info off of Pro Sports Daily, which is a really good website, because all it does is compile wires off of other media sites.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/mlb/white-sox/

thomas35
03-30-2005, 05:56 PM
St Paul Pioneer Press- "Word in Chicago is that the White Sox are having second thoughts about their acquisition of ex-Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, and might try to trade him soon."

whats the story here?

:?:

zach074
03-30-2005, 05:59 PM
St Paul Pioneer Press- "Word in Chicago is that the White Sox are having second thoughts about their acquisition of ex-Twins catcher A.J. Pierzynski, and might try to trade him soon."

whats the story here?

There is already one thread about this. It is Ben Davis who is going to be traded not A.J.

Shorty1983
03-30-2005, 06:01 PM
You must be the same person stirring up rumors on chisox.com message board.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-30-2005, 06:32 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't trade FA signings until May or June so this rumor has no credibility at all.

ChiSoxRowand
03-30-2005, 06:35 PM
I'm pretty sure you can't trade FA signings until May or June so this rumor has no credibility at all.

yea, you can't trade them until june.

HITMEN OF 77
03-30-2005, 07:06 PM

whats the story here?

Oh my gosh the sky is falling.

biznuts81
03-31-2005, 09:18 AM
from SI truth and rumors-

-Tampa Tribune

anyone heard about this? I have only heard people saying good things about him all spring.

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2005, 09:26 AM

-Tampa Tribune

anyone heard about this? I have only heard people saying good things about him all spring.:rolling:

Sad
03-31-2005, 09:28 AM

-Tampa Tribune

anyone heard about this? I have only heard people saying good things about him all spring.

AJ isn't going anywhere...

DaveIsHere
03-31-2005, 09:28 AM
This is way old!!!!!!!!!!!!! What is this the 4th time someone has posted this.

BTW, the rumor has been dispelled, oh and he cant be traded until June

PAPChiSox729
03-31-2005, 09:44 AM
This is really starting to get ridiculous. AJ isn't going anywhere. Besides, does management really think that Widger is good enough to replace him?

Jaffar
03-31-2005, 09:50 AM
Is there a conspiracy against this guy? Media all over the country has this guy on the trading block while the White Sox and the chicago media all contradict it and say that it is Ben Davis on the block. I don't get it.

Randar68
03-31-2005, 09:52 AM
Is there a conspiracy against this guy? Media all over the country

No conspiracy, just a profession filled with lazy people who most often have no clue what they are talking about.

Being a sports journalist is akin to being a chiropractor. Not a real doctor...

Ol' No. 2
Is there a conspiracy against this guy? Media all over the country has this guy on the trading block while the White Sox and the chicago media all contradict it and say that it is Ben Davis on the block. I don't get it.This is a statement on the condition of sportswriting today. Most of what you read is just rehashed stuff that they read/heard elsewhere, with absolutely no reality checking.

Baby Fisk
Can someone create a tag showing some deranged looking person tearing at their hair and screaming wildly, under the words NOT THIS AGAIN!

WU? CFAD? Anybody?

Unregistered
03-31-2005, 10:30 AM
Can someone create a tag showing some deranged looking person tearing at their hair and screaming wildly, under the words NOT THIS AGAIN!

WU? CFAD? Anybody?http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629 .

Baby Fisk
03-31-2005, 10:34 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629 .

PERFECT! That is exactly the face I envisioned. Mods can we please have this as a tag? :smile:

Ol' No. 2
03-31-2005, 10:39 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629 .OMG. That's perfect. I predict it will become the most-used tag in the bunch.

gosox41
03-31-2005, 05:43 PM
AJ isn't going anywhere...

Is this your opnion or have you heard something?

I'd hate to see the Sox trade away a catcher who can hit.

If AJ is traded, all it takes in as injury to another position player and KW can fill his fantasy of carrying 3 no-hitting catchers on his roster.

Bob