PDA

View Full Version : Quotes That Further Prove What We Already Know About Cubs Fans

Vestigio
03-29-2005, 01:40 AM
We all know that most, if not all, Cubs fans are stupid. What are some quotes Cubs fans have said that made you scratch your head? Here's one:

ScRub Fan: "The sports media in Chicago, which is mainly composed of White Sox fans, say the Cubs are cursed. Who talked about Bartman for months and months? It was the White Sax media from the SCORE and ESPN.":dunno:

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 01:56 AM
I saw one on a new website that is on the Flubs' version of WSI. This is a copy of the relevant part of the thread. The red type is what the Flub fans wrote, blue type is mine. BTW, NorthsideSonny stated elsewhere he hates Sox fans......:angry: I went gentle so that I don't get kicked off for trolling.....Quote (NorthsideSonny @ Mar. 27 2005,19:10)Quote (TBoneFromCleveland @ Mar. 27 2005,06:36)I grew up in Chicago but now live in Cleveland. Except for the Tribe, the Cubs are the most popular MLB team in town. Where do the rest of you live and what are the teams that the locals follow most closely?
Welcome to the forums! http://www.cubsallaccess.com/forums/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/cool.gif I am from Chicago and have been a Cubs fans since about 7 years old. The Cubs and Bears are clearly the most popular teams in town, with the Bulls running 3rd.
I'm not sure if that is accurate. The Bears and Bulls have the monopoly for pro sports in their respective sport here, unlike the Sox and Cubs. The Sox routinely draw more people to their games than the Bulls by virtue of the simple fact that a sold-out Bulls games is around 16,000 people. Therefore, if we go by ticket sales alone, then the Bears are number one here (bigger stadium than any of the others) followed by our baseball teams.

I think it is a very subjective measure of who is "more" or "most" popular. It all depends on whom you are talking with and where you are......

JRIG
03-29-2005, 08:12 AM
We all know that most, if not all, Cubs fans are stupid. What are some quotes Cubs fans have said that made you scratch your head? Here's one:

ScRub Fan: "The sports media in Chicago, which is mainly composed of White Sox fans, say the Cubs are cursed. Who talked about Bartman for months and months? It was the White Sax media from the SCORE and ESPN.":dunno:

If you're going to post a thread about how stupid Cubs fans are, you might want to at least spell check your Title. :wink:

I fixed it for you.