PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Pepsi half price night?

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 01:24 AM
Are Tuesdays going to be half price night again this season with an empty Pepsi product? There is no mention of it on the Sox website.

FightingBillini
03-29-2005, 01:31 AM
No, but they now have "two for one" tuedays. Buy one upperdeck ticket, get one free.

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 01:39 AM
No, but they now have "two for one" tuedays. Buy one upperdeck ticket, get one free.
Hmmm......need to let Brooks know that the team needs to dump the "Solitary Confinement at the Cell" policy of not allowing 500 level people in the 100 bowl. The reasons stated are a bit disengenuous (first it was that the jerks who ran on the field had 500 tickets. Then it was the 100 level would get too crowded in case of an emergency. I don't buy the crowded one because it would have been in effect since 1991 because the Fire Marshall would have ordered it).

Please free the people in the 500, Brooks! Please!

FightingBillini
03-29-2005, 02:12 AM
Hmmm......need to let Brooks know that the team needs to dump the "Solitary Confinement at the Cell" policy of not allowing 500 level people in the 100 bowl. The reasons stated are a bit disengenuous (first it was that the jerks who ran on the field had 500 tickets. Then it was the 100 level would get too crowded in case of an emergency. I don't buy the crowded one because it would have been in effect since 1991 because the Fire Marshall would have ordered it).

I havent heard that it was incase an emergency. However, it does cause overcrowding. The lower level of the park was designed to hold a certain amount of people. Even during complete sellouts, there were always empty seats in the upperdeck. Many people would buy upperdeck seats and hang around the outfield concourse. It is a pain in the arse when the concourse is filled with jackasses, and you have to push your way through them to go to the bathroom or get churros. It angers me having to push my way through lingering people to get anywhere. It is even worse when you know those people paid half of what you did to stand around you and block your path. Season ticket holders complained about it, and I agree. I have little money, so I usually get the cheapest seats possible. I have no problem with being "confined" to the upperdeck, because thats what I paid for.

munchman33
03-29-2005, 09:25 AM

If you buy an upper deck ticket, you should have to sit in the upper deck. You want concourse access, spend money like the rest of us.

skottyj242
03-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Do you guy think the fundamentals area will affect the gathering in left field? I didn' get my season tickets again out there because of that monstrosity.

Rocky Soprano
03-29-2005, 09:34 AM
If you buy an upper deck ticket, you should have to sit in the upper deck. You want concourse access, spend money like the rest of us.

Exactly!

It baffles me that people get so upset over something so simple. You paid for upperdeck, so guess where you should sit?

:redneck

JoseCanseco6969
03-29-2005, 09:41 AM
Exactly!

It baffles me that people get so upset over something so simple. You paid for upperdeck, so guess where you should sit?

:redneck

I also agree. If you want to sit someplace lower after buying UD, then go to the bullpen sports bar.

brewcrew/chisox
03-29-2005, 10:08 AM
I agree that people who buy upperdeck tickets should sit in the upperdeck. However, as a formet upperdeck season ticket owner, I would prefer that the sox treat those fans sitting in the upperdeck with a little more respect. There are nights when they close almost half of the vending stands, and there isn't much to choose from up there to begin with. Lines between innings can be down right ridiculous. Upperdeck ticket owners are treated like second class citizens and it really doesn't have to be that way.

Jerko
03-29-2005, 10:09 AM
And everyone buys upper deck mostly because it's half price on certain nights. Well, as a lower deck holder, it would kind of tick me off to pay 27 bucks while you're sitting next to me at 13.50. Pay up, or stay up. Hey, maybe 2 by 4 can make that a slogan.

I want Mags back
03-29-2005, 12:22 PM
And the UD isnt even bad any more. I like how they made the UD box the infield and UD reserve the outfield. You can now sit in the first few rows really cheap, as long as your down the line

Uncle_Patrick
03-29-2005, 12:32 PM
I agree that if you buy UD tickets, you should have to sit in the upper deck. I have no problem with an usher checking my ticket if I'm trying to make down the aisle to my seat. But it does blow that you can't even get on the lower concourse. They won't even let you go the Hall Of Fame gift shop or the New Era hat shop. There's a difference between people trying to sneak lower deck seats when they paid for upper deck seats and people who just want to buy memorablia.

batmanZoSo
03-29-2005, 01:11 PM
No, but they now have "two for one" tuedays. Buy one upperdeck ticket, get one free.+

So nothing changes for me. I love the UD behind the plate.

ewokpelts
03-29-2005, 01:45 PM
Do you guy think the fundamentals area will affect the gathering in left field? I didn' get my season tickets again out there because of that monstrosity.
no....the fundamentals area is accessible from the ramps....ud and ld patrons can use it
Gene

ewokpelts
03-29-2005, 01:49 PM
Dont forget kids.....if you are a UD St Holder, you have LD access.

Gene

Gosox1917
03-29-2005, 02:08 PM
I remember once when I got comp. tickets in the UD to a game in May that had an attendance of about 14,000 back in like 2001, before the idiots ran onto the field. I see no problem with letting people move down from the UD if the attendance is below, say 15,000. However, when it's above that, make those that bought the UD ticket stay up there. Just my opionion.

southsidesoxfan1
03-29-2005, 02:30 PM
I agree that people who buy upperdeck tickets should sit in the upperdeck. However, as a formet upperdeck season ticket owner, I would prefer that the sox treat those fans sitting in the upperdeck with a little more respect. There are nights when they close almost half of the vending stands, and there isn't much to choose from up there to begin with. Lines between innings can be down right ridiculous. Upperdeck ticket owners are treated like second class citizens and it really doesn't have to be that way.

I totally agree. Last season I put to use some of the granton coupon for some 2 for 1 Upper deck tickets. The renovations are great and the murals are fantastic, but more often than not, only half of the vendors and stands were available making the lines way too long. If they would staff the upper deck properly, it would go along way in making the experience better.

And for them stopping people from going to the lower bowl with upper deck tickets. It's not that hard for someone to walk in with a bunch a friends to the lower bowl, take there tickets and walk back out, locate some poor upper deck buddy's and hand them the tickets and walk back in the lower bowl.:rolleyes:

ewokpelts
03-29-2005, 02:35 PM
I totally agree. Last season I put to use some of the granton coupon for some 2 for 1 Upper deck tickets. The renovations are great and the murals are fantastic, but more often than not, only half of the vendors and stands were available making the lines way too long. If they would staff the upper deck properly, it would go along way in making the experience better.

And for them stopping people from going to the lower bowl with upper deck tickets. It's not that hard for someone to walk in with a bunch a friends to the lower bowl, take there tickets and walk back out, locate some poor upper deck buddy's and hand them the tickets and walk back in the lower bowl.:rolleyes:
it's not a lower bowl...it's a lower DECK...get it right....
Gene

southsidesoxfan1
03-29-2005, 02:38 PM
it's not a lower bowl...it's a lower DECK...get it right....
Gene

Whatever

HITMEN OF 77
03-29-2005, 02:42 PM
I see no problem with letting people move down from the UD if the attendance is below, say 15,000. However, when it's above that, make those that bought the UD ticket stay up there. Just my opionion.

I disagree. Where you buy your ticket is where you sit, the WHOLE GAME. When you buy a ticket that's where you wanted to sit to watch the game, so stay there.

Chisox003
03-29-2005, 02:54 PM

THey dont "staff" the upper deck properly because most of the time, NOBODY SITS UP THERE!!

Vendors and workers are assigned items every game, and most of the time, there is either A. Not enough workers to split between the upper and lower decks or B. THere arent enough fans sitting in the upperdeck, so why bother wasting workers up there?

Until the fans start coming on a nightly basis and consistently filling a big part of the upperdeck, you arent going to see that much action up there vendor and stands wise.

Jerko
03-29-2005, 02:55 PM
They close a lot of stands early (or don't open them at all) on the lower deck too. I agree that the entire park (and all the stands) should be open as long as there's a game going on.

ewokpelts
03-29-2005, 03:02 PM
you also have a problem of beer men working the most populated section of the ud....and ignoring the guys on the edges...Gene

LVSoxFan
03-29-2005, 03:07 PM
Oh well, so long Fight Club (what we called 1/2 price Tuesdays)!

First rule about Half Price Tuesdays: you do not talk about Half Price Tuesdays!

anewman35
03-29-2005, 03:39 PM
They close a lot of stands early (or don't open them at all) on the lower deck too. I agree that the entire park (and all the stands) should be open as long as there's a game going on.

Do you agree that you should pay more for tickets to pay for the cost of that?

southsidesoxfan1
03-29-2005, 03:52 PM
Your already paying an arm and a leg to go to game, let alone if you bring a family. Is it too much to ask for the ball park to be well staffed regardless of the total attendance. Sure if it like the day after opening day or the last couple games of the season, then yeah reduce staff. But when you are shelling out big bucks going to games, and your stuck in the upper deck for the entire game, then it's not to much to ask for the place to be staffed so you don't miss the game standing in line.

Jerko
03-29-2005, 04:09 PM
Do you agree that you should pay more for tickets to pay for the cost of that?

No, because then logic would suggest that the Sox should have LOWERED the prices every night that half of their park was closed since they didn't have to "pay for the cost of that" on those evenings. People that actually go to the games should not be "punished" because the place is empty. Make it look like you want us there, don't make it look like we're inconveniencing you. AND what southsidesoxfan1 said.

Chisox003
03-29-2005, 04:27 PM
I dont know about stand vendors, but the seat vendors show up any game, theyre not assigned games that they have to work.

You guys are blaming vendors for staying in the spots where their item is selling and not going into the seating areas where the people are, but why would they? I sure as hell am not leaving the full lower deck, carrying my stuff upstairs, and selling to the 28 people sitting behind home plate on a cold April night, just for their convenience. One, Im losing money and time, and two, believe it or not its pretty hard carrying loads of pop and beer for 3 hours, especially when its not selling.

If the upperdeck doesnt have a lot of fans, youre not going to see a lot of vendors. Its not a punishment to the fans, but putting vendors up there to make $11 in 3 hours sure isnt worth it. Its really simple if you think about it.

Jerko
03-29-2005, 04:32 PM
I dont know about stand vendors, but the seat vendors show up any game, theyre not assigned games that they have to work.

You guys are blaming vendors for staying in the spots where their item is selling and not going into the seating areas where the people are, but why would they? I sure as hell am not leaving the full lower deck, carrying my stuff upstairs, and selling to the 28 people sitting behind home plate on a cold April night, just for their convenience. One, Im losing money and time, and two, believe it or not its pretty hard carrying loads of pop and beer for 3 hours, especially when its not selling.

If the upperdeck doesnt have a lot of fans, youre not going to see a lot of vendors. Its not a punishment to the fans, but putting vendors up there to make $11 in 3 hours sure isnt worth it. Its really simple if you think about it.

I was talking about the stands. No need to be gated up, locked, and closed if people are sitting out there. If the upper deck is 3/4 empty, do what they used to do; close certain sections and at least staff the areas where there are fans sitting. That's pretty simple too.

Ol' No. 2
03-29-2005, 04:39 PM
I was talking about the stands. No need to be gated up, locked, and closed if people are sitting out there. If the upper deck is 3/4 empty, do what they used to do; close certain sections and at least staff the areas where there are fans sitting. That's pretty simple too.Since they make a significant amount of money from concessions, I'm sure they're not intentionally closing down stands that could be open and making money. They probably staff based on the expected attendance. It there's a bigger than normal turnout, that could be too low, but like it or not, the extra cost of having excess staff standing around translates into higher prices.

Also, some stands close down toward the end of the game. That happens in the lower decks, too. They know that most of the food is consumed in the first half of the game, and if the demand drops off, they'll close up.

CPditka
03-29-2005, 04:55 PM
College Kids, High Schoolers, and the younger audience in general, are how you build a fan base. I agree that "where you buy your ticket is where you are supposed to sit"... however I like milling around a little bit and seeing the park.I keep telling all of my friends about this cool "fan deck" and we should go check it out. However most of my friends are in college w/ no jobs and very little disposable income. Thus I dont even want to take them b/c they cant see the deck w/ Upper deck tix. Also how does this work w/ the fundementals. I know that when I was a child my parents brought me to comiskey, and we were in the UD for financial reasons, most families cant afford (4-5) lower deck Tix. How are they going to use this new facility???

Jerko
03-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Since they make a significant amount of money from concessions, I'm sure they're not intentionally closing down stands that could be open and making money. They probably staff based on the expected attendance. It there's a bigger than normal turnout, that could be too low, but like it or not, the extra cost of having excess staff standing around translates into higher prices.

Also, some stands close down toward the end of the game. That happens in the lower decks, too. They know that most of the food is consumed in the first half of the game, and if the demand drops off, they'll close up.

I understand all this; but if keeping the 500 level rule in place is so important to them; make it so fans don't "want" to sneak down to the lower level. The only way to do that is to IMPROVE the service and amenities of the UD. You can't have every stand closed up there (and no aisle vendors either) and then wonder why it's empty. I know a guy that works the UD, and he's there EVERY DAY. They don't tell him to stay home if there's a small crowd; they just send him to a different window. It would not break the Sox to try to make it a little nicer.

anewman35
03-29-2005, 05:19 PM
Also how does this work w/ the fundementals. I know that when I was a child my parents brought me to comiskey, and we were in the UD for financial reasons, most families cant afford (4-5) lower deck Tix. How are they going to use this new facility???

Fundementals is accessable from all levels of the park.

Ol' No. 2
03-29-2005, 05:21 PM
I understand all this; but if keeping the 500 level rule in place is so important to them; make it so fans don't "want" to sneak down to the lower level. The only way to do that is to IMPROVE the service and amenities of the UD. You can't have every stand closed up there (and no aisle vendors either) and then wonder why it's empty. I know a guy that works the UD, and he's there EVERY DAY. They don't tell him to stay home if there's a small crowd; they just send him to a different window. It would not break the Sox to try to make it a little nicer.I have been to the UD a number of times and I've NEVER seen "every stand closed up". Many will close toward the end of the game, but they do the same thing in the lower deck.

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Jeez, I did not realize I was touching on a such a sensitive nerve about the UD/LD situation. I do acknowledge that the posters who state that you get what you pay for with respect to choosing the UD over the LD. However, there are times when I buy walk-up tickets and only UD is available. I have been to sold out games and sat on the LD and the concourse crowds were not that unbearable. Maybe I just a big crowd at Comiskey because it tells me that there are people out there who love the Sox.

If UD people are allowed access to the LD, I don't think it would lead to overcrowded condition. The UD people will not be able to take seats, so most will see the LD sights and then head upstairs to their seats. It's just that the food and entertainment choices between the two levels is quite different and I would like to be able to enjoy the LD's offerings when I decide top be a walk-up on game day because the weather is nice and the Sox are in town.

Jerko
03-29-2005, 05:39 PM
I have been to the UD a number of times and I've NEVER seen "every stand closed up". Many will close toward the end of the game, but they do the same thing in the lower deck.

Good, then there shouldn't be a problem with people staying up there then if that's where their seats are. I think that was my original point in this thread but I've lost track now.

SpammySosa
03-29-2005, 05:40 PM
Everyone is griping about the food and beverage choices(or lack there of) in the UD,and here I thought people went to the Cell to watch a game.:?:

Jerko
03-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Spammy's right