PDA

View Full Version : First Go-Around Through the Rotation...

DaleJRFan
03-28-2005, 11:01 PM
With Buehrle scheduled to take the ball opening day and with Freddy on the mound on the 6th, who is going to throw on the 7th? I have heard talk of the Sox wanting to put up veterans against the Twins in their first series in the metrodome. Does that mean El Duque and Contreras? If so, that leaves Garland on the 7th... so the rotation would start out:

Mark Buehrle
Freddy Garcia
Jon Garland
Orlando Hernandez
Jose Contreras

Am I correct in assuming that the Sox will put up Jose and Orlando against the Twins? Who would you all rather see go against the Twins? Jon Garland or Jose Contreras? By looking at the schedule, I see there is only one off-day for the Sox between series and as much as I want to see Buehrle going against the Twins, skipping Garland, he'd be on four days rest in doing so. Can Garland handle the Twins in the opening series or will he go on the 7th? Am I worried too much about the Twins already??

Whatcha all think? :?:

Jjav829
03-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Garland is more of a veteran to major league pitching than Contreras.

I believe Ozzie wants to start Contreras in the 3rd game so he will pitch at home and not on the road against the Twins. Whoever starts the 8th will be pitching in the Twins home opener. Not exactly a good situation for Contreras. Then again, there isn't really a good situation for Contreras to be pitching in.

It should go....

Buehrle
Garcia
Contreras
El Duque
Garland

FightingBillini
I believe Ozzie said before that Contreras would start the season in the 3 spot, and El Duque in the 4.

PAPChiSox729
Am I correct in assuming that the Sox will put up Jose and Orlando against the Twins? Who would you all rather see go against the Twins? Jon Garland or Jose Contreras?

Death by firing squad or hanging? Either way, the result is the same. Hopefully Jose or Garland proves me wrong. I think it may depend on who the Twinkies throw at us. If they give us Lohse, then Ozzie might send out Garland and hope that the offense has a good day. I hope who ever goes out there throws a gem of a game. You want to start on a good note and sweep sounds pretty sweet to me.

Corlose 15
03-29-2005, 01:30 PM
Garland beat Santanna last year 2-1 in Minnesota to complete a sweep so hopefully he's able to something like that again to start the year.