PDA

View Full Version : How many can hit 20?

skottyj242
03-28-2005, 10:21 AM
I was just on the Sox website and saw the interview with Kenny Williams and a guy I work with (Cub fan), looked over my shoulder and heard KW say that this years team has seven guys that can hit twenty. Is this feasable? Here are six that I think he's talking about:

Rowand
Thomas
Uribe
Everett
Dye
Crede

I can't think of who the seventh would be. Iguchi? For a team that strayed from the long ball, to have six is still pretty impressive. Wondering your guys thoughts.

Jerko
03-28-2005, 10:32 AM
Uh, let me think. I got it! Konerko?

PAPChiSox729
03-28-2005, 10:41 AM
Seven player is still a pretty good amount of power for a team. I don't get it when the experts say that we abandoned all of our power. We simply tried to make our offense more balanced. We will see how well this new-look offense works during the season.

1 week left!

Erik The Red
03-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Uh, let me think. I got it! Konerko?
:roflmao:

I can't believe he was left out!

skottyj242
03-28-2005, 10:54 AM
Sorry guys I forgot to put Paulie on that list. It was an obvious omission on my behalf. It must be great to be so perfect.

Jerko
03-28-2005, 10:56 AM
Seven player is still a pretty good amount of power for a team. I don't get it when the experts say that we abandoned all of our power. We simply tried to make our offense more balanced. We will see how well this new-look offense works during the season.

1 week left!

You know what gets me mad about all the "experts" saying that we lost all our power? The very SAME experts blame the park for all that power. Therefore, if it's so easy to hit homers at the Cell, the new guys should be able to do it too. I think RF will have more than last year and LF won't, but the difference isn't going to be 100 homers like everyone thinks.

Lip Man 1
03-28-2005, 01:52 PM
Thomas and Everett combined (since when Frank returns, Carl is probably going to sit), Konerko, Uribe, Crede, Rowand, Dye.

Granted they all could..that doesn't mean they will. Biggest question marks are Uribe (was last year a fluke?) and Crede.

Lip

fquaye149
03-28-2005, 02:00 PM
Sorry guys I forgot to put Paulie on that list. It was an obvious omission on my behalf. It must be great to be so perfect.

um... so you ask a question and when it's answered for you, you get defensive?

i'm sure people will be very quick to help you out with your queries in the future.

Also, I think Iguchi has a decent shot to hit 20, making it 8 players. Not too bad for a team that fields only 9. oh and pierzynski could as well. So each starting position player has a legitimate shot at 20 HR. But apparently we lost all our power by trading away lee and letting maggs go

SoxxoS
03-28-2005, 02:01 PM
I hope Crede doesn't hit 20 homers...that could mean he got rid of that uppercut swing that connects about 20 times out of 400.

Give me .290 15 85. :D:

voodoochile
03-28-2005, 02:26 PM

Yeah, actually it is...

Oh come on. You leave off the guy who is most likely to LEAD the team in HR this season (given Frank's uncertainty) and then get defensive when people grief you about it... Lighten up, Francis.

You goofed. Smile, blush and learn to laugh at yourself...:rolleyes:

daveeym
03-28-2005, 03:08 PM
Yeah, actually it is...

Oh come on. You leave off the guy who is most likely to LEAD the team in HR this season (given Frank's uncertainty) and then get defensive when people grief you about it... Lighten up, Francis.

You goofed. Smile, blush and learn to laugh at yourself...:rolleyes: The name's Francis Sawyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

skottyj242
03-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Now I remember why I gave this site up for a couple of months. Not only am I getting made fun of but people are quoting terrible movies to boot.

maurice
03-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Say what you will about WSI posters but don't you DARE disrespect Stripes!

On second thought, feel free to disrespect the last act (after they're transferred to Germany), but the first two acts rock. "That's the fact, Jack!"

voodoochile
03-28-2005, 04:33 PM
Now I remember why I gave this site up for a couple of months. Not only am I getting made fun of but people are quoting terrible movies to boot.

translation...

:whiner:

jabrch
03-28-2005, 04:49 PM

Well - we missed you so much when you were gone...every day someone else had a post asking where good old skottj242 went...

relax....you asked a question - it got answered. Next time you don't want an answer, it is easy to not ask a question.

Jerko
03-28-2005, 04:53 PM
I knew he didn't leave out Konerko on purpose; I just thought it was funny that Crede and Everett were on the list and Paulie wasn't. I didn't think it would cause such a furor.

SpammySosa
03-28-2005, 04:59 PM

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeow! And I thought my wife got cranky when it was her time of the month.Are you sure it was 2 months and not 2 years since you last visited?The reason I ask is because your current favorite Sox player(Billy Koch) is long gone. :wink: