PDA

View Full Version : New Sox Tv

Two By Four
03-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Like I did for the radio, I would like comments on the five new TV spots. Just go to this link to view them:

http://www.twoxfour.com/soxtv/

A couple ground rules though:

1. This is NOT the only TV we are doing. We have fifteen spots like these that use game footage. We call them pick-up footage spots. These will serve to feature hard-nosed, team play. We are also doing what we call "brand TV" spots. Four of them, but we need to wait until mid April to shoot them. These spots will further define the Win or Die trying theme in a funny, yet dramatic way and work to support the Sox brand overall.

2. But, the above said, I am only looking for comments regarding these five spots. Just understand that there are ten more like these to comeŚcovering everything from fans, to fundamentals, to the National Anthem, to the new players like the Gooch.

Let me know.

JUribe1989
03-28-2005, 12:26 AM
The Aircraft commercial and Shingo commercial give me chills they are so good.

skobabe8
03-28-2005, 12:33 AM
I loved them all, especially Taste, and I dont even have sound on this comp. :D:

brewcrew/chisox
03-28-2005, 12:40 AM
I'm officially pumped up for the season. Great job. I wish they were all a little longer.

My favorite are Taste, and W.

TornLabrum
03-28-2005, 12:43 AM
All of them are excellent. Loved "Taste"! I also loved the message in "W."

Let's just cut to the chase. This is by far the best Sox advertising campaign in YEARS.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-28-2005, 12:46 AM
-The music is great in all of them.

-The Shingo ad is a great response to those who think the AL will "figure him out" sooner or later. The point here is, it won't matter. :cool:

-Love the shots of Paulie in the throwback uniform in the "W" spot.

-The "Taste" spot is really cool - I'd love for Rowand to get a rep for being one of the toughest players in the game (as long as it's not at the expense of his health or longevity!).

-"Wasabi" is clever and plays on the ethnic diversity of this team, as well as the diverse ways they can beat you.

-I love the "Aircraft" spot, though it's a bit risky in a year we supposedly traded power for speed. I am among the majority of posters here who believes this team is still capable of hitting 200+ HR, but if they don't, you've opened yourselves up to ridicule (even if they win).

Sorry if you were looking for constructive criticism - I've got nothing but love for ya, man! :thumbsup:

And thanks for caring what real fans think.

SomebodyToldMe
03-28-2005, 03:23 AM
These are friggin' AWESOME!

Love the last one cuz my boy Freddy is featured.

The Racehorse
03-28-2005, 08:25 AM
They're all great... especially the Wasabi one. :cool:

LVSoxFan
03-28-2005, 12:00 PM
Excellent!

I especially like the "Knowing," with that clip of Shingo gloving that comebacker. I saw that game. That was the final out, too.

skottyj242
03-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Are they available in any other format besides Quicktime?

Unregistered
03-28-2005, 12:50 PM
These are great - hopefully they'll go a long way in attracting the casual fan and making it "cool" to like the Sox in Chicago.

Personally, I think the spots work best when they're combining the fans reactions with the featured players.

Ol' No. 2
03-28-2005, 02:27 PM
Are they available in any other format besides Quicktime?These are also available in wmv on the Sox website.

Linky. (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/campaigns/television/index.jsp)

There are also radio, newpaper and outdoor spots there. Nice work, 2x4. The throwing the ball back radio ad has already got Cubs fans whining, which is a sure sign that it's on the mark.

skottyj242
03-28-2005, 04:03 PM
Thanks. Those were great.

Nard
03-28-2005, 04:07 PM
Knowing and Aircraft gave me the chills. Awesome.

jabrch
03-28-2005, 04:44 PM
High quality creative work...I love it! You guys rule!

Here's a thought to compliment the great stuff you have done highlighting this current team. Sox fans feel like we have a strong sense of history with this club. Most of us are not recent converts to the team as happens with fans of many other teams. We aren't bandwaggon jumpers. What about a commercial leveraging your "edginess" with a history comparison... Something bridging the history gap and comparing great Sox of the past to great Sox of the present. Of course it wouldn't be complete without R&R side by side with Southpaw!

:R&R
"We really should not have been let go. We WERE the White Sox."

WikdChiSoxFan
03-28-2005, 08:32 PM
AWESOME!!!

I like the new commercials a lot.

The best part is in "Aircraft"...the kid on his pops shoulders. Not only is his expression the most intense expression i've ever seen, his expression is the most intense expression i've ever seen.

Two by Four, keep up the good work and thanks for showin us all. We, (well at least I), really appreciate it.

And if you could part with a good pic of that kid, I'm dying to make it my backround or something.

row18
03-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Thanks 2x4,
Once again GREAT JOB, I'm loving "taste" & "aircraft".

BeerHandle
03-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Like I did for the radio, I would like comments on the five new TV spots. Just go to this link to view them:

http://www.twoxfour.com/soxtv/

A couple ground rules though:

1. This is NOT the only TV we are doing. We have fifteen spots like these that use game footage. We call them pick-up footage spots. These will serve to feature hard-nosed, team play. We are also doing what we call "brand TV" spots. Four of them, but we need to wait until mid April to shoot them. These spots will further define the Win or Die trying theme in a funny, yet dramatic way and work to support the Sox brand overall.

2. But, the above said, I am only looking for comments regarding these five spots. Just understand that there are ten more like these to comeŚcovering everything from fans, to fundamentals, to the National Anthem, to the new players like the Gooch.

Let me know.

I love the Aircraft and W commercials!!! Great job reaching out to the fan web sites.

dugwood31
03-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Good commercials. Did anyone tell Reinsdorf the slogan this year is "win or die trying"? I think he approved the slogan: "protect the investors and second place is OK".