PDA

View Full Version : Club Level vs. Lower Level

Gosox1917
03-28-2005, 12:20 AM
I'm thinking of getting tickets in the Club Level (300 Level) for the Twins/ White Sox game on Monday, April 18th. The only way I can afford to sit there is to buy the tickets at half-price. I've never sat in that section before and was wondering what to expect. Is it much better than the Lower Level? Should I order the tickets now or wait til the day of game? I've sat in the Lower Level and Upper Deck several times, so I know what to expect there. I assume I can go to the 100 Level if I want to check out the fan deck or something. Thanks for the help everybody!

jabrch
03-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Here's my opinion....some may disagree.

The club level seats give you the advantage of "perspective" from being higher up, while still being low enough to keep you close to the action. However, the lower level seats, almost all around the lower bowl, leave you feeling closer to the action.

If I wanted to take a client, and have meaningful conversation at the game, I'd do club level. But if I wanted to get into the game, I'd sit in the lower bowl, prefereably between the bases and the scout seats.

GiveMeSox
03-28-2005, 01:39 AM
I'm thinking of getting tickets in the Club Level (300 Level) for the Twins/ White Sox game on Monday, April 18th. The only way I can afford to sit there is to buy the tickets at half-price. I've never sat in that section before and was wondering what to expect. Is it much better than the Lower Level? Should I order the tickets now or wait til the day of game? I've sat in the Lower Level and Upper Deck several times, so I know what to expect there. I assume I can go to the 100 Level if I want to check out the fan deck or something. Thanks for the help everybody!

The club level is luxurious. The seats and sights are great. They do ineed offer a unique aspect to view the game. The pure advantage is not only sight line, but the concourse is magnificent. Its totally enclosed and heated/ac with fully carpeted and a whole ritz cartlon look to it. Were talking chairs, couches, tables, plasma tv's, classy bars, wait service, great food. It really is a treat to sit there, especially at half price.

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/41f98f44_1249f/bc/My+Documents/Club+Level.jpg?bfgo6RCBJJJNsF4O

Banix12
03-28-2005, 01:43 AM
Id's say Jabrch has it about right, you do get a nice perspective up in the Club level. The other plusses are basically you have the wait service if you want to use it, and the hallways have carpeting and there are some couches with big screens if you for some reason want to watch the game on TV while you are at the game, I still don't quite get that one. They also have a bar over by Left Field. It's way nicer than it used to be during the early days of New comiskey when it was just a concrete floor and a couple of picnic tables up there.

The negatives of the club level as I see it is you can feel as if you aren't part of the crowd since there aren't as many people up there (though that can be a positive though with no lines to speak of). Also there are some things you can get, some foods and souveniers, on the Lower Bowl that you can't get up in club.

I don't know about the availability of club seats day of game, I think a lot of those get bought up by season ticket holders.

cbrownson13
03-28-2005, 02:13 AM
My buddy sat up there last year and said it was awesome. I bought some tickets for the Monday game against Arizona. I figured, half price, why not. I figure it will be worth it, especially at half price, to sit up there at least once to see how it is. I mostly sit in the bleachers when I go. My dad had season tickets in the 4th row, lower level, behind first base, which you can't really beat. Unfortunately he gave them up when I went away to college and now I am back 2 years later really pissed about it, but oh well.

jake27
03-28-2005, 02:33 AM
thats a good idea getting them for half price. i was up there a while ago when all thye had were some tables, not inclosed or anything. but from they way people are saying it is now, i think i want to do that. a question tho... do oyu HAVE to use the waiters? i have no problem getting my own food, it give sme a chanc eto strech and use the bathroom. and i really dont want to have to tip them $4 or somethign after.

NSSoxFan
03-28-2005, 02:44 AM
thats a good idea getting them for half price. i was up there a while ago when all thye had were some tables, not inclosed or anything. but from they way people are saying it is now, i think i want to do that. a question tho... do oyu HAVE to use the waiters? i have no problem getting my own food, it give sme a chanc eto strech and use the bathroom. and i really dont want to have to tip them $4 or somethign after.

No, if you want you can just go to the concessions and get your food. I like having the waiters so I can keep my credit card open throughout the game. But stay away from the chicken wrap if you choose to order off the waiters menu.

jackbrohamer
03-28-2005, 10:43 AM
To me, the perspective is the closest thing to sitting in the upper deck at old Comiskey Park. Since I'm sure it'll be freezing on April 18, it's good to have the option of going inside once in a while to thaw out.

Gosox1917
03-28-2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the help and your opinions everybody. I'll probably in the club level just to gain the experience. It's nice to know what to expect now. Thanks again. If anyone has anything to add, let me know. I'm sure others have been wondering the same thing about the club level.

ewokpelts
03-28-2005, 12:39 PM
club level's fun...especially during a rain delay or cold april nights....

Gene

p.s. you can go to the 100 level with club tickets...
Gene

Rocklive99
03-28-2005, 03:51 PM
I'd say the good thing for bad weather with the inside and all that. I wouldn't wait til day of game though, they usually go quick, especially on a half price night

I want Mags back
03-28-2005, 06:47 PM
I've sat there twice, once before the remodiling, once after. It's amazing. The view is great, the concourse area is so nice now, with all the TV's and couches and stuff. There's never lines for food, since theres not many up there

yoester
03-28-2005, 07:18 PM
Definitely club level, great experience, great views, a fun way to enjoy yourself at the game!

jenmcm76
03-28-2005, 07:33 PM
I DEFINITELY recommend the club level... You get a great view, and I never felt like I was any farther away from the action. Just the opposite - I felt like the views I got in the club level were way better than the what I could've gotten in the lower deck.

The menu and wait service are great, but you don't have to use them if you don't want. The couches and TVs are nice for cold weather and rain delays, and there's never a line for the restrooms (plus they're so close, you miss only a minimal portion of the game).

Then again, I used to go when these seats cost $26, same as the lower deck. You'll have to decide for yourself whether it's worth it, but I'd say to go for it - especially on half-price night.

twsoxfan5
03-28-2005, 07:43 PM

I dont really find the club level to be all that great. It is a nice area but not worth the money even on a half price night. I don't really care if the area that I am walking on to my seat is carpeted. Also you can not get the same hot dogs on the club level, and let me warn you the ones on the club level are not even close. The sight lines are good, but if I were you I would save the money on the seats and spend it on hot dogs or booze.

skobabe8
03-28-2005, 08:07 PM
No, if you want you can just go to the concessions and get your food. I like having the waiters so I can keep my credit card open throughout the game. But stay away from the chicken wrap if you choose to order off the waiters menu.

Why? :?:

NSSoxFan
03-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Why? :?:

It may just be my taste but the sauce that they put in it is terrible.

dickallen15
03-28-2005, 08:16 PM
I have season tickets on the club level, and I love it. The view is great, very similar to the first couple rows of the upper deck at old comiskey. The seats are padded. If you have to use the restroom, you won't miss an inning of action. There is wait service and they have stands. If the weather is bad, its perfect to wait out a delay on the concourse watching the plasmas. If its real hot or cold, you can either cool off or warm up in between innings on the concourse.

skobabe8
03-28-2005, 08:19 PM
It may just be my taste but the sauce that they put in it is terrible.

Thanks for the tip! The fact that I have yet to sit in this section boggles the mind. It sounds like a pretty good experience.

Fenway
03-28-2005, 08:27 PM
The menu options look yummy

and $$$$$$$

http://www.levyrestaurants.com/Levy/DiningExperiences/SportsAndEntertainment/Group4/U.S.+Cellular+Field.htm

hmmm Delaware North lost the club part of the contract? Jacobs is slipping.

NSSoxFan
03-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the tip! The fact that I have yet to sit in this section boggles the mind. It sounds like a pretty good experience.

Oh, it is. I took a couple of friends to their first Sox game last year and they fell in love with the club level. I prefer sitting in between home plate and third in level 100, but the club level is definitely something you have to check out.

Realist
03-28-2005, 08:57 PM
Is there anywhere to sneak away for a quick smoke on the Club Level and is it possible to have the wait staff bring booze (specificly, Jameson) from the bar to your seat?

NSSoxFan
03-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Is there anywhere to sneak away for a quick smoke on the Club Level and is it possible to have the wait staff bring booze (specificly, Jameson) from the bar to your seat?

Yea, you can just leave the concourse area and go to where the ramps are and smoke.

Realist
03-28-2005, 09:14 PM
Yea, you can just leave the concourse area and go to where the ramps are and smoke.

Thanks. I suppose it's not as good as the main level concourse though. There you still watch the game while you catch a smoke.

JohnBasedowYoda
03-28-2005, 09:43 PM
the view is great and is worth experiencing at least once. the only thing that irked me was that i wanted the now-famous nachos with peppers....but in the club level they're replaced by some fancy deluxe nachos thing