PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs trade for Mark Johnson.

santo=dorf
03-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Cubs acquired catcher Mark Johnson from the Brewers for outfielder Travis Ezi.
Johnson was made expendable in Milwaukee by Pat Borders, but he'll be a better third catcher for the Cubs. Ezi, who acquired by the Cubs in December in the minor league portion of the Rule 5 draft, is a non-prospect

I can't believe this guy was a 1st round pick.

samram
03-27-2005, 03:35 PM
It is not good to be ousted as the third catcher by Pat Borders in 2005- maybe in 1995, but not 2005.

Brian26
03-27-2005, 04:07 PM
I can't believe this guy was a 1st round pick.

MJ played his ass off for us in 2000 and got some huge hits. Remember that Sunday night comeback against Percival and the Halos on ESPN?

NSSoxFan
03-27-2005, 04:50 PM
MJ played his ass off for us in 2000 and got some huge hits. Remember that Sunday night comeback against Percival and the Halos on ESPN?

Oh man, what a game. If I'm not mistaken, we had two big comebacks against the Identity Crisis Angels in 2000.

Anyways, I feel bad for Mark.

JoseCanseco6969
03-27-2005, 05:22 PM
Oh man, what a game. If I'm not mistaken, we had two big comebacks against the Identity Crisis Angels in 2000.

Anyways, I feel bad for Mark.

Why feel bad for him?? He sucks, and didnt help us very much. Hopefully he'l do the same for the cubs.

NSSoxFan
03-27-2005, 05:45 PM
Why feel bad for him?? He sucks, and didnt help us very much. Hopefully he'l do the same for the cubs.

I feel sorry for him because he got traded to the ScRubs.

Banix12
03-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Wow, now Ben Davis has someone in town he can talk to about the embarrassment of being ousted by Pat Borders.

In fairness to Mark, I always thought he called a good game and he was very good defensively, he just can't hit worth a lick.

batmanZoSo
03-27-2005, 08:45 PM
He got a few big hits for us in 2000, I remember that. But he sucked overall, no doubt about it. See ya later.

I can't believe he was a first round pick.

Lip Man 1
03-27-2005, 09:12 PM
I often wonder how much (if any) Johnson being left off the 2000 post season roster in favor of Bradford messed with the team's mind.

I know Schueler's decision was not a popular one and it may have been a bigger factor then any of us could have imagined.

Lip

LongLiveFisk
03-27-2005, 11:10 PM
In fairness to Mark, I always thought he called a good game and he was very good defensively, he just can't hit worth a lick.

That sounds like about 80% of the catchers in the game today. :cool:

Dadawg_77
03-28-2005, 12:47 AM
I often wonder how much (if any) Johnson being left off the 2000 post season roster in favor of Bradford messed with the team's mind.

I know Schueler's decision was not a popular one and it may have been a bigger factor then any of us could have imagined.

Lip

Lip as the official historian of this site, why can't you get your facts straight. Josh Paul was added to the team so Jerry would have more flexibility on the bench instead of Johnson and not Bradford. I know you have a fetish for trying to prove propeller heads wrong, but if this is all you got, I rather be a propeller head then a hack.

Gammons Peter
03-28-2005, 12:27 PM
The White Sox acquired catcher Mark Johnson from the Brewers yesterday for outfielder Travis Ezi, according to the Daily Southtown. He'll likely open the season at Triple-A Iowa.

Big Ben must be on his way out

MisterB
03-28-2005, 12:29 PM
The White Sox acquired catcher Mark Johnson from the Brewers yesterday for outfielder Travis Ezi, according to the Daily Southtown. He'll likely open the season at Triple-A Iowa.

The CUBS traded for Mark Johnson.

Gammons Peter
03-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Then I guess rototimes is wrong, wouldnt be the first time

DrCrawdad
03-28-2005, 12:32 PM

Did you mean to put this in teal? The Cubbies traded for Mark Johnson, at least according to everything I've read.

Minor move: The Cubs have traded minor-league outfielder Travis Ezi to the Brewers for former White Sox catcher Mark Johnson. The Brewers had returned Johnson to their minor-league camp Saturday. - Daily Herald Cubbie Rah-Rah Reporter, Bruce Miles

Unregistered
03-28-2005, 12:33 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=47206

Lip Man 1
03-28-2005, 01:59 PM
Dadawg:

I stand corrected on Paul as opposed to Bradford. That doesn't make my question any less valid however. As far as the term 'propellerheads' you're confusing me with Daver (although I did think it was damn funny and apropos)

Lip

Soxzilla
03-28-2005, 03:46 PM

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

This doesn't surprise me... coming from the mouth of Peter Gammons.

santo=dorf
03-28-2005, 04:14 PM

Dude, you should have realized that it was the Cubs once they said "Triple-A Iowa."

This must be the :boston