PDA

View Full Version : What are we going to do with all these Relievers????????????

beausox
07-26-2001, 12:26 PM
Next year we are going to have enough relievers to stock to bullpens. Here's a list of candidates:

1.Howry
2.Foulke
3.Simas
4.Embree (he might not be signed for next year I don't knwo his contract)
5.Lowe (Please don't let him start in 02)
6.Wunsch
7.Osuna
8.Ginter
9.Vining (Who I think is read and could do the same as Embree)
10.Glover
11.Barcelo

And were rumored to be in on Gabe White. Philly needs some relief help, send Embree there. KW better have one helluva plan and it better not be giving Charlotte a good enough bullpen to win the AAA WS.

doublem23
07-26-2001, 12:48 PM
Right now, we have 11 pitchers. We have a lot of pitchers. If I'm Jerry Manuel, and I have everyone (except Baldwin, who will be gone one way or the other) healthy next season, this is my pitching staff:

STARTERS:
Mark Buerhle
Kip Wells
Jon Garland
Biddle/Lowe - Take yer pick. I'd personally go with Lowe just 'cuz I don't like Biddle.
Jim Parque

BULLPEN:
Keith Foulke - closer
Bobby Howry - 1 year removed from surgery, should be better
Bill Simas - we miss him more than we think.
Kelly Wunsch
Biddle/Lowe
Antonio Osuna

This, unfortunaletly leaves a few good guys off the staff, such as Gary Glover. It also leaves me with one lefty in the pen, so maybe I go with another lefty and take either Vining or Embree, or maybe I stick both Biddle and Lowe in the rotation, and banish Parque to bullpen duty...

Either way, that is a pretty good pen when its healthy, and I'd rather be stuck with too many arms than too few.

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 01:00 PM
Embree won't be here, minus 1
Ginter will be in the minors, minus 1
Vining will be in the minors, minus 1
Glover will be here
Barcelo will start the year in the minors, minus 1

So 11-4=7+5 starters=12 pitchers.
Today's Math lesson has been paid for in part by:
:reinsy
Were you expecting Bill Wirtz?

doublem23
07-26-2001, 01:02 PM
Yeah, about Barcelo. I didn't know when Embree's contract is up, but I am glad he will be gone. I doubted Vining would be here, but for a 2nd lefty.... I like my: Biddle and Lowe in the rotation and letting Butter do some bullpen work idea...

And Barcelo will be in the minors. He's already had 3 surgeries.

12 pitchers.... Damn.

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 01:07 PM
12 pitchers.... Damn.

:versatile
You miss me don't you?

delben91
07-26-2001, 01:11 PM
You miss me don't you?

NO!!!

:)