PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Job, TL...

voodoochile
03-26-2005, 11:12 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=2765

Like I always tell people who ask what to pack when they travel to Chicago...

"If it isn't July or August, bring shorts... and a down coat..."

Now I'm truly ready for baseball season and I am going to miss those steak pitas something fierce...

whitesoxwilkes
03-26-2005, 11:26 PM
Great piece by Hal about a ritual I partake in as well...although here's a scorekeeper's hint--neoprene ski gloves work better than the Thinsulate ones.

Shorty1983
03-26-2005, 11:44 PM
I can't believe in less than 8 days baseball is back and more than anything I'm ampied up!

WSI made this winter go back alot quicker than the usually.

Staying cool in the ballpark, good pointers especially the scorecards. Preparing for the cold weather maybe alittle too much, I perfer a pancho or a sox blanket.

Brian26
03-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I just picked up a new Scoremaster off Amazon...can't wait to use it this season.

TornLabrum
03-27-2005, 02:37 AM
Thanks guys, and while we're at it kudos to VC for his skewering of the media types who suddenly are shocked and dismayed that steroids were actually used by major league players. (I kept thinking of Claude Raines when he closed down Rick's Cafe in Casablanca.)

Mohoney
03-27-2005, 04:01 AM
I am going to miss those steak pitas something fierce...

I usually order two with everything, then go to an All Star stand and get a Kosher dog with mustard and onions and a Souvenir Pepsi.

Steak pitas are wonderful, and they're right at the top of my aisle (115).

If I don't get pitas, I'll go with a Kosher, Polish, Italian, and Brat with the Pepsi. I call it "sausages of the world".

skottyj242
03-28-2005, 11:38 AM
What about the corn off the cob? That's what I'll be looking forward to.

whitesoxwilkes
03-28-2005, 12:24 PM
If I don't get pitas, I'll go with a Kosher, Polish, Italian, and Brat with the Pepsi. I call it "sausages of the world".

Eat all 4 in the same game, and you've hit for the sausage cycle. My buddy John and I did it last year.

Brian26
03-28-2005, 12:57 PM

I can't wait for the season to start! Now, do you usually eat all of this in one sitting? Or throughout the course of the game?

SpammySosa
03-28-2005, 05:11 PM
What about the corn off the cob? That's what I'll be looking forward to.

Actually,I believe the corn they have is on the cob. :cool:

jake27
03-28-2005, 10:39 PM
i just want a hot dog and a pepsi. for some reason the pepsi there tates a TOn better than anywhere else. ne1 have this happen to them?

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 01:34 AM
Well, you know what? Flub fans don't have this kind of discussion. Comiskey has the best food in the MLB, hands down! They are busy talking about how many dingers Scammy will get for them this year, how many Buds they will drink (and throw on the field) at the games, but they will never, ever talk about the food at the Urinal.........

Bring it on! We're done waiting!:D:

TornLabrum
03-29-2005, 06:38 PM
Well, you know what? Flub fans don't have this kind of discussion. Comiskey has the best food in the MLB, hands down! They are busy talking about how many dingers Scammy will get for them this year, how many Buds they will drink (and throw on the field) at the games, but they will never, ever talk about the food at the Urinal.........

Bring it on! We're done waiting!:D:

Or maybe it's just that there's a reason I way nearly 300 lb. :(:

DSpivack
03-29-2005, 07:11 PM

I don't know, those garlic fries in SF are pretty darn good...
But yeah, USCF has the best food of any stadium I've been to [although, to be fair, I haven't eaten at every park I've been to].