PDA

View Full Version : BMac...Kurkjian says he's the best young pitcher of spring

OzzieBall2004
03-26-2005, 11:39 AM
On todays sportscenter, Tim Kurkjian said Brandon McCarthy was the best young pitcher of the spring. Obviously this isn't news to any of us, but it's always a suprise to me when those idiots decide to recognize us for anything positive.

Also, The Cubs pitching staff has been the biggest disappointment. Does that mean we should all change our World Series picks???

jabrch
03-26-2005, 11:56 AM
What is impressive about that is that he is ranked ahead of guys like Gavin Floyd and Jeff Francis who were top draft picks. For a 17th round pick, McCarthy has been awful impressive.

Where are the KW bashers when you need them?

SoxxoS
03-26-2005, 12:30 PM

I heard KW wanted to trade BMAC to Boston for Nomar..he actually offered him. That's what ChiSoxTony said, so therefore he is a horrible GM.

faneidde
03-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Nice thread hijack, but I think the scouting department should get as much credit as KW for this.

Kurkjian said BMac has control of 4 pitches and reminds a lot of people of Jack McDowell. Also, Kurkjian said Mags looks great and is playing without a knee brace.

Flight #24
03-26-2005, 03:08 PM
Nice thread hijack, but I think the scouting department should get as much credit as KW for this.

Kurkjian said BMac has control of 4 pitches and reminds a lot of people of Jack McDowell. Also, Kurkjian said Mags looks great and is playing without a knee brace.

Are you sure he didn't omit the word "brace"?:D:

jabrch
03-26-2005, 03:20 PM

Actually, it wasn't a hijack at all. My first comment was directly related to the ranking of McCarthy amongst pitchers. The second comment was my own editorial opinion. Assuming that's OK with you...

As far as your scouting department comment, they all report to KW. KW ran scouting for us prior to becoming GM - so anything that happens there clearly has his mark on it. I just think it is only fair that if people will attack KW for everything that they don't like that goes on during his tenure that he get complimented for things that go well. It appears to me that our farm system right now is in fairly decent shape and that KW deserves a bit of respect from the fans for that.

FightingBillini
03-26-2005, 03:22 PM
Just when you think Kurkjian is right, he makes a fool of himself again. At the end of his report, he said "With Wood and Prior, the Cubs can win the World Series." NO! No they can't! They would be a third place team with their two "aces". Without them, they will be lucky to finish 4th. I guess he is right, though.

The Cubs COULD win the series with Wood and Prior... provided they traded for a good closer, two set up men, a fifth starter, a RF, CF, LF, and some better pinch hitters on the bench.:cool:

Jjav829
03-26-2005, 04:28 PM

Don't you remember that KW almost traded B-Mac to the D'backs for Alomar?

It still gets me to this day that people think KW would have considered that for even a split-second.

The Wimperoo
03-26-2005, 04:43 PM
Don't you remember that KW almost traded B-Mac to the D'backs for Alomar?

It still gets me to this day that people think KW would have considered that for even a split-second.

He should have! Look at B-Mac today, he sucks.