PDA

View Full Version : Royals offer tickets free to U.S. military

The Racehorse
03-26-2005, 07:34 AM
The program covers all active and retired military personnel, including the National Guard. There is no limit to the number of games an individual can attend under the program.

A valid military photo ID is required. Tickets are limited to the individual and three family members.

The seats are located in the outfield plaza section, once known as general admission. They are usually sold for $12.

Link (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=knight-royalsofferticketsfreetou&prov=knight&type=lgns)

I thought this was interesting because I just moved from that part of Missouri and I'm retired-Air Force. Kauffman is a really nice place to watch a game, imo. As Hawk would say, "they have my money". The seats they're talking about are usually filled with college age kids [seemingly all from KU].

I could be wrong, but I'm guessing this is the Royals way of putting fannies in the seats since coming back down to earth after their 2003 run.... not that their appreciation of military families isn't genuine or sincere [I think the Cardinals have a similiar program at Busch Stadium... but don't have a problem with ticket sales].

Last year on opening day, they had a B-2 and a couple of A-10s from Whiteman AFB do a fly over as the National Anthem came to a close... nice!

ozzman
03-26-2005, 08:19 AM
Sox have been doing this for 2 years already. I hope they continue with it this year. I am in the Navy Reserves and was able to attend 30 games last year using this benefit. And the sox would give you best available, not in the outfield bleachers

ewokpelts
03-26-2005, 11:09 AM
Sox have been doing this for 2 years already. I hope they continue with it this year. I am in the Navy Reserves and was able to attend 30 games last year using this benefit. And the sox would give you best available, not in the outfield bleachers
Yes...program is still ongoing....you should tell your navy buddies to come out to the park as often as they can....quite a few kids from the great lakes base do so on weekends....
Gene

DumpJerry
03-26-2005, 11:58 AM
The seats are located in the outfield plaza section, once known as general admission. They are usually sold for $12.
$12.00???????????????? Hellloooooooooooooo Uncle Jerry!!!!

Regarding the military program, I believe the Sox were the only MLB team doing this last year.

ewokpelts
03-26-2005, 01:17 PM

Regarding the military program, I believe the Sox were the only MLB team doing this last year.padres off deep discounts to active and retired personel. Also extend discounts for season tickets too.
Gene

ma_deuce
03-28-2005, 08:50 AM

Regarding the military program, I believe the Sox were the only MLB team doing this last year.

The Cardinals have been doing it for several years now. You get bleacher/general admission seats, but since all seats at Busch Stadium are equally uncomfortable, it doesn't matter much. :redneck That, and the $8.75 for a Budweiser is a crime.

Deuce

Erik The Red
03-28-2005, 10:10 AM
$8.75??? Please, tell me you're exaggerating. That's ****ing insane.

ewokpelts
03-28-2005, 12:45 PM
but bleacher seats are 66% cheaper than the cell's bleachers...
Gene

Niagara
03-28-2005, 12:56 PM
That'll be a real boost to the Royals. A few dozen more people will be watching them suck and lose. Hoorah!:rolleyes:

Erik The Red
03-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Gene
Well that's good. Do you get a complimentary hot towel, pillow, and foot massage with your beer?

JUribe1989
03-28-2005, 01:33 PM
This is a great thing to do, but really our nation's finest should get front row or skybox seats for free. For all of their service.

ma_deuce
03-28-2005, 03:11 PM

No joke. Some concession stands at Busch Stadium are manned by not-for-profits. So, they get a cut of the sales, in exchange for volunteering. However, thier cut is on top of the exorbant price the park charges for food and beverages and not from it. That, and the non-volunteer stands sell the stuff for the same price.

You can still buy a "regular priced" beer from the walking vendors. I think its about $6 now. However, its only around 12 - 16 ounces and usually warm. For a cold 22 ounces, you need to buy it from concessions. And yes, the tickets are much less expensive, but only if you don't buy any food and drink. Good luck doing that on a date or with kids.

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Deuce

maurice
03-28-2005, 03:28 PM

And 4 times less comfortable. There's about six inches between rows.

doublem23
03-28-2005, 04:24 PM
Not like they can get anyone else to watch their ****ty team.

SoxEd
03-29-2005, 08:56 AM
That, and the $8.75 for a Budweiser is a crime.
Deuce

Oh man, that's actually worse than British beer prices!

How the heck do they justify $8.75???