PDA

View Full Version : Prior to be put on 15-day DL?

WhiteSoxFan84
03-26-2005, 02:47 AM
http://mb3.scout.com/fchicagocubsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=21128.topic

You may ALL want to read this. Man I wish we can post on that forum. Those morons would REALLY get it good.

But yeh, the story is actually from the Cubune...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050324cubsbits,1,2905725.story?coll=cs-cubs-headlines

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-26-2005, 03:15 AM
Well..it's sorta good to know that my birthday(April 13) won't be ruined by having a ton of media hype surrounding Prior's first start..

Banix12
03-26-2005, 03:42 AM
Not exactly unexpected, let's just wait till it turns to the 60 day DL. Which knowing the cubs medical staff tendency toward either secrecy or incompetance, is probably not far off.

I like that the second guy on their message board posted this.

"Screw this. Give me a sox cap"

It's starting to wear them down.

BridgePortNative
03-26-2005, 04:01 AM
Not exactly unexpected, let's just wait till it turns to the 60 day DL. Which knowing the cubs medical staff tendency toward either secrecy or incompetance, is probably not far off.

I like that the second guy on their message board posted this.

It's starting to wear them down.

What message board is this?
Maybe I could be a :dtroll: on there :redneck

Clembasbal
03-26-2005, 10:21 AM
My dad saw Prior in the Phoenix Starbucks yesterday morning about 6ish. He asked how the shoulder was. Prior tipped his hat to him, that's all.

Mickster
03-26-2005, 10:48 AM
My dad saw Prior in the Phoenix Starbucks yesterday morning about 6ish. He asked how the shoulder was. Prior tipped his hat to him, that's all.

He probably thought: "What a clown. It's not my shoulder, it's my elbow!!!!"

DumpJerry
03-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Can someone get to the person who wants to change teams before the Flubbies beat him up? They give him a ton of grief for his statement. Curious thing, I've never seen a similar statement on WSI when the chips are down for the Sox.

Sox fans: "We don't run when things get tough, we post on WSI!":smile:

I'm thinking that they are hearing sucking sound on the north side as the season in which they defend the World Series crown goes into the toilet.......

LongLiveFisk
03-26-2005, 02:41 PM
Can someone get to the person who wants to change teams before the Flubbies beat him up? They give him a ton of grief for his statement. Curious thing, I've never seen a similar statement on WSI when the chips are down for the Sox.

It has always amazed me how Cubs fans are much more willing to jump on the Sox bandwagon when the going gets tough. I don't think even once in my life have I ever heard a disgusted Sox fan say "That's it, I'm a Cubs fan now!" If anything I think we'd all just give up on baseball completely before doing that!! :D:

SoxxoS
03-26-2005, 02:44 PM
It has always amazed me how Cubs fans are much more willing to jump on the Sox bandwagon when the going gets tough. I don't think even once in my life have I ever heard a disgusted Sox fan say "That's it, I'm a Cubs fan now!" If anything I think we'd all just give up on baseball completely before doing that!! :D:

Someone posed the question-If the Sox are moved out of town, would you be a Cubs fan??...

I have such a enormous hatred for the Cubs being a Sox fan, that I would never be able to cheer for them at any stage. I think I would have to go St. Louis Cardinals or LA Dodgers. Never, ever, ever ever ever a Cubs fan.

Banix12
03-26-2005, 04:00 PM

It's the one WhiteSoxFan84 posted at the start of the thread.

http://mb3.scout.com/fchicagocubsfrm1.showMessage?topicID=21128.topic

Banix12
03-26-2005, 04:04 PM
Someone posed the question-If the Sox are moved out of town, would you be a Cubs fan??...

I have such a enormous hatred for the Cubs being a Sox fan, that I would never be able to cheer for them at any stage. I think I would have to go St. Louis Cardinals or LA Dodgers. Never, ever, ever ever ever a Cubs fan.

Yeah, I don't think it's possible, I've disliked them for too long. I would probably have to throw all of my fan allegience behind the Brewers.

Clembasbal
03-27-2005, 10:02 AM
He probably thought: "What a clown. It's not my shoulder, it's my elbow!!!!"

That would be absolute sense...my dad is a Cubs fan.

DumpJerry
03-27-2005, 10:24 AM
Mike Royko did it. More than once, I believe. Afterwards he had his DUI problems....so that explains it.

TDog
03-27-2005, 07:36 PM

I've met some people who grew up fans of he Brooklyn Dodgers. I've never met any who became fans of Yankees or Los Angeles Dodgers.

baseball_fanatic
03-27-2005, 08:19 PM
Prior threw again today without pain, so it's looking less likely he'll go on the DL. He's scheduled to throw a simulated game Tuesday and could throw in the Cubs last spring game against Seattle.

On the other hand, they could keep him out of the final spring game and DL him retroactively. BY ML rules you can count 9 days of ST as DL time if you haven't appeared in a regular spring game. "B" games and minor league games do not count. If that happens, he would still be available to pitch on April 12th which is the first day the Cubs would need a fifth starter.

Whitesox029
03-28-2005, 10:45 PM
I know it's tempting, but I always think to myself that I'd be sinking to their level. You really shouldn't...