PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Cellular Field Tours

infohawk
03-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Does anyone know if the Sox give tours of the Cell?

As much as I hate to admit it, I married into a Cub family (converted my wife) and went with them on a group tour of Wrigley back in 2003 during a Cub roadtrip. While the tour was pretty cool, my opinion of Wrigley as an absolute dump was confirmed. What made the tour interesting was getting to see the park from a "players" perspective. Both clubhouses were painfully cramped. They were like my bedroom walk-in closet (a little hyperbole). The visiting clubhouse has no direct route to the playing field. The players have to exit the clubhouse and walk through a main corridor accessible to the general public to access the dugout. Everything was just old and beat-up.

Anyway, I would LOVE to take a tour of the Cell. Do you guys know of any opportunities?

ewokpelts
03-25-2005, 06:51 PM

As much as I hate to admit it, I married into a Cub family (converted my wife) and went with them on a group tour of Wrigley back in 2003 during a Cub roadtrip. While the tour was pretty cool, my opinion of Wrigley as an absolute dump was confirmed. What made the tour interesting was getting to see the park from a "players" perspective. Both clubhouses were painfully cramped. They were like my bedroom walk-in closet (a little hyperbole). The visiting clubhouse has no direct route to the playing field. The players have to exit the clubhouse and walk through a main corridor accessible to the general public to access the dugout. Everything was just old and beat-up.

Anyway, I would LOVE to take a tour of the Cell. Do you guys know of any opportunities? no teal..email brooks.....i know that limited tours are held on st holder events, but I think one can be set up if you have a group
Gene

Malgar 12
03-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Or...have your car break down in the Comiskey lot and get a grand tour of the whole place with your brother (including JR's office)...while your other brother is out pricing a new transmission! :)(with the help of the Sox)

True story, the Sox have a great support staff!
Thanks Julie!

:cool:

jenmcm76
03-25-2005, 08:26 PM
My hubby and I took a tour there a couple of years ago - open to the public. He saw an ad in the Tribune's Weekend section, under 'ongoing activities', and scheduled a tour for the two of us. It was pretty cool - it took over an hour, and we got to go out on the field, meet Roger Bossard, go in the Sox dugout and on-deck circle, go in the press box, etc. Plus we got to go in the visitor's locker room and we saw the ump's locker room (and air duct that Jason Grimsley crawled through to steal Albert Belle's corked bat). :D: If I remember right, it was pretty cheap, too - under $10. I definitely recommend it!

house215
03-25-2005, 10:31 PM
I went on a tour of Fenway when I was in Boston, it was one of the coolest baseball experiences I have ever had.

Wsoxmike59
03-26-2005, 06:24 AM

Anyway, I would LOVE to take a tour of the Cell. Do you guys know of any opportunities?

infohawk I got this from the White Sox Official Website:

Tours of U.S. Cellular Field
How can I schedule a tour of U.S. Cellular Field?
U.S. Cellular Field tours are available for groups of 10 or more on Tuesdays and Fridays - 10:30 a.m. on game days and 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on non-game days. Tours include the home dugout, the press box, the field, the suites and the Stadium Club (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_guide.jsp#StadiumClub). Advance reservations are required. For details and rates, call 312-674-1000.

Clembasbal
03-26-2005, 10:10 AM
AS much as I do not care for the Red Sox, when I was in Boston I went on their stadium tour. It was alright, it was great getting pictures near the green monster and all that historic stuff, but like Wrigley that place is falling apart too.

zach074
03-26-2005, 12:35 PM
I took a tour of Pac Bell (when it still was Pac Bell) and that was pretty interesting. Its amazing the little things they do in a stadium to make sure there is a home field advantage.

CubKilla
03-26-2005, 12:48 PM
:D: If I remember right, it was pretty cheap, too - under $10.

Can't Reinsdorf do anything for a diehard Sox fan and not ask for $$$$$ :rolleyes: .

Parrothead
03-26-2005, 12:48 PM
I took a tour of Pac Bell (when it still was Pac Bell) and that was pretty interesting. Its amazing the little things they do in a stadium to make sure there is a home field advantage.

Like what?

jenmcm76
03-26-2005, 07:46 PM
infohawk I got this from the White Sox Official Website:

Tours of U.S. Cellular Field
How can I schedule a tour of U.S. Cellular Field?
U.S. Cellular Field tours are available for groups of 10 or more on Tuesdays and Fridays - 10:30 a.m. on game days and 10:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on non-game days. Tours include the home dugout, the press box, the field, the suites and the Stadium Club (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_guide.jsp#StadiumClub). Advance reservations are required. For details and rates, call 312-674-1000.

If you're interested in going, but don't have a group of 10 or more, call anyway to see if you can schedule a time, or tack yourself onto another tour. When we went, there were about 12 or 15 people total, but it was all made up of smaller groups of 2-4 people.

infohawk
03-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Thanks for the information guys!

zach074
03-26-2005, 11:14 PM
Like what?

The dugouts at SBC Park have to different areas to sit at and one of them has no backs to the seats for the opponents but there is backs to the seats for the Giants, its just little things like that.

ChiSoxRowand
03-27-2005, 01:16 AM
I went on a tour of Fenway when I was in Boston, it was one of the coolest baseball experiences I have ever had.

Yea, I went on the Fenway tour and it was cool. Especially going up to the monster seats. Did you get to go on the field? I heard they give field access sometimes.

house215
03-27-2005, 02:39 AM
Yea, I went on the Fenway tour and it was cool. Especially going up to the monster seats. Did you get to go on the field? I heard they give field access sometimes.

No, we didn't get to because there was a policeman/firefighters softball game being played while we were getting our tour.

fozzy
03-27-2005, 06:30 AM
would anyone be up for a group tour from this site? i'd love to tour the cell but i doubt i could get 12 of my friends to do it.