PDA

View Full Version : Funny thing about the Sox game yesterday....

WhiteSoxFan84
03-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Last night I came home from work around 8. I turn my television on hoping to catch the last few seconds of the Illini game. Game ends, I turn on Comcast and watch the post game interviews.

After Satan himself (Bruce Pearl) is asked the last question, the broadcaster for Comcast comes on (the black, sophisticated gentlemen) and says, "we now return you to the White Sox game against the San Francisco Giants. Although it is a Spring Training game, what a game it was".

So I'm thinking to myself, "Oh crap, Sox made another great comeback?" The game comes on and the score is 8-3 Giants in the bottom of the 8th. So I'm wondering if I should get the box score on-line and then watch the game or just watch the game because it might be one hell of a comeback that gets us the win or falls just short. So I decide to surprise myself by watching the game and not looking up the score. About 45 minutes later, the Sox still haven't gotten to bat and I'm sitting there waiting and waiting. All of a sudden the Giants tack on 3 more runs in the bottom of the 8th and the score is now 11-3 Giants. Now I'm thinking to myself, "Holy crap.... this is going to be great!" It was getting late and I wanted to go out so I said what the hell, I'll check the score. So I go to MLB.com, look up the score, and see the final: 11-6 Giants...... what the HELL was that guy talking about? To sit there and have me watch almost an hour of a White Sox Spring Training loss while I'm expecting them to pull off a dramatic comeback is just not cool at all.

This just adds on to my list of "Reasons Why Comcasts Reports BLOW".

Clembasbal
03-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Last night I came home from work around 8. I turn my television on hoping to catch the last few seconds of the Illini game. Game ends, I turn on Comcast and watch the post game interviews.

After Satan himself (Bruce Pearl) is asked the last question, the broadcaster for Comcast comes on (the black, sophisticated gentlemen) and says, "we now return you to the White Sox game against the San Francisco Giants. Although it is a Spring Training game, what a game it was".

So I'm thinking to myself, "Oh crap, Sox made another great comeback?" The game comes on and the score is 8-3 Giants in the bottom of the 8th. So I'm wondering if I should get the box score on-line and then watch the game or just watch the game because it might be one hell of a comeback that gets us the win or falls just short. So I decide to surprise myself by watching the game and not looking up the score. About 45 minutes later, the Sox still haven't gotten to bat and I'm sitting there waiting and waiting. All of a sudden the Giants tack on 3 more runs in the bottom of the 8th and the score is now 11-3 Giants. Now I'm thinking to myself, "Holy crap.... this is going to be great!" It was getting late and I wanted to go out so I said what the hell, I'll check the score. So I go to MLB.com, look up the score, and see the final: 11-6 Giants...... what the HELL was that guy talking about? To sit there and have me watch almost an hour of a White Sox Spring Training loss while I'm expecting them to pull off a dramatic comeback is just not cool at all.

This just adds on to my list of "Reasons Why Comcasts Reports BLOW".

And how does thist make you feel?

*Pause*

ummmhmmm....ummhmmm