PDA

View Full Version : Renovation Photos

BeerHandle
03-25-2005, 12:27 PM
On www.whitesox.com (http://www.whitesox.com) I can't find the renovation photos. Does anyone have the most recent renovation photos or a link to them?

dpbyron
03-25-2005, 12:31 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/index.jsp

Click on the link...

"Renovations continue into the present. Stay up-to-date with our 2005 Renovations Gallery "

And you will find the last update is March 8th

BeerHandle
03-25-2005, 12:37 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ballpark/index.jsp

Click on the link...

"Renovations continue into the present. Stay up-to-date with our 2005 Renovations Gallery "

And you will find the last update is March 8th

Thanks! Maybe I should have looked harder.

C-Dawg
03-25-2005, 12:46 PM
They are due for an update; a lot has probably changed since March 8.

I was just by there a couple days ago and they were building the F-U-N-D-A-M-E-N-T-A-L-S arched background thingie down on the parking lot west of the stadium, I assume it will be lifted into place and attached very soon.

HITMEN OF 77
03-25-2005, 03:01 PM
I thought they were going to install an upper deck in right field. Whatever happened to that idea?

BainesHOF
03-25-2005, 07:14 PM
Damn, my bleacher seats are gone!!!

BridgePortNative
03-25-2005, 07:27 PM
I was there yesterday, and the FUNdementals deck is mainly completed. That "arch" is completed, I was there at night and they has rows of lights inside it. They are probaly working on the little things on the inside, grass, bases, "Race Pods" machine, things like that.

soxfan123
03-25-2005, 08:13 PM
It looks like the green seats aren't in...am i missing something?

jake27
03-25-2005, 08:16 PM

all the seats arent being changed right away. i think they are going to keep changing the seats during the course of the season and the off season.

FightingBillini
03-25-2005, 08:17 PM
The green seats were installed at the 300 level. They are replacing the bleachers right now. I may be mistaken, but I was under the impression that green seats would be installed in left field between the bleachers and the foul pole. With just over a week left, I dont know if that is a possibility anymore.

daveeym
03-26-2005, 01:20 PM
With all the threads over the years about the green seats which I really didn't have an opinion on, I must say the green seets look 10 times better.

Hitmen77
03-26-2005, 01:54 PM
I thought they were going to install an upper deck in right field. Whatever happened to that idea?

My understanding is that there isn't enough naming-rights-deal money left to build a RF upper deck. It was probably on their wish-list of things to do, but the money went for projects such as remodeling the upper deck and building the scout seating area.

:reinsy Send me a check for $20 million and we'll see about building that upper deck.

cbrownson13
03-26-2005, 02:04 PM
My understanding is that there isn't enough naming-rights-deal money left to build a RF upper deck. It was probably on their wish-list of things to do, but the money went for projects such as remodeling the upper deck and building the scout seating area.

:reinsy Send me a check for $20 million and we'll see about building that upper deck.

Yeah, I wish somehow they could have polled the fans on what they want. I would imagine majority vote would say put the home run porch in right field in instead of scout seats/fundamentals. New upper deck, green seats, and right field porch would have been awesome. Oh well, still will be a nice turnaround.

FightingBillini
03-26-2005, 03:16 PM
Yeah, I wish somehow they could have polled the fans on what they want. I would imagine majority vote would say put the home run porch in right field in instead of scout seats/fundamentals. New upper deck, green seats, and right field porch would have been awesome. Oh well, still will be a nice turnaround.

I am 100% satisfied with the renovations to date. The upper deck made an incredible difference. The scout seats will more than pay for themselves. The entire section will sell out, and it will make much more than all the seats it displaced. As for the fundamentals, it wont make the money the scout seats will, but it is good will towards the fans who are parents, and it will help create future fans out of kids. We don't know how much money was spent so far on renovations, or how much is left. The green seats are being paid for by the general repair fund, and not the naming rights deal. Also, they will make lots of money selling the old blue seats. If the home run porch is built, it will be called something like the "Jack Daniels Home Run Porch". A corporate sponsor would pay for most or all of the deck.

lths06
03-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Also, they will make lots of money selling the old blue seats.

I belive all of the money from the sales of the seats go to White Sox charities.

C-Dawg
03-27-2005, 09:30 PM
I drove by the Cell today, there were a few guys working today (Easter Sunday!). The painting crew was painting the metal facade of the Fundamentals deck black - it had been a dark red primer color. A bunch of stuff is still there on the pavement under tarps too.

Cellview22
03-27-2005, 09:50 PM
I drove by the Cell today, there were a few guys working today (Easter Sunday!). The painting crew was painting the metal facade of the Fundamentals deck black - it had been a dark red primer color. A bunch of stuff is still there on the pavement under tarps too.

Cool! Can't wait to see it on tv.

Does it look like it'll be completely done by Opening Day, with the access to the Upper Deck and all the staircases and bases etc in place?

C-Dawg
03-27-2005, 09:55 PM
Heh heh, I hope so! ;) I suppose they have barely over a week left, so they will be doing all the final touches this week I bet.

I don't know how they will be covering the big steel columns that support the Fundamentals area; they are still covered with the spray-on fireproofing material. Maybe they get enclosed in some sort of rustic looking material.

lths06
03-27-2005, 10:56 PM
Heh heh, I hope so! ;) I suppose they have barely over a week left, so they will be doing all the final touches this week I bet.

I don't know how they will be covering the big steel columns that support the Fundamentals area; they are still covered with the spray-on fireproofing material. Maybe they get enclosed in some sort of rustic looking material.

According to this picture, the steel coloms will be covered with bricks.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/fundamentals_212x119.jpg (javascript:;)

If they havn't started on the brickwork yet, I dont see how it will be ready for opening day. Guess the brickwork isn't the most important thing though.

GiveMeSox
03-27-2005, 11:16 PM
According to this picture, the steel coloms will be covered with bricks.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/images/ballpark/fundamentals_212x119.jpg (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:;)

If they havn't started on the brickwork yet, I dont see how it will be ready for opening day. Guess the brickwork isn't the most important thing though.

The brickwork is the easiest part of it all and will probably only take a couple of days if that. Im a Civil Engineering student and basically the brickwork is just there for show and has little or no strucutral importance. Concrete and steel are the main compenents of making the structure, the brickwork just serves as a way to make the outside more appealing and easy on the eyes since structural steel and conrete are rather bland. A good example of this is a parking garage. Most parking garages are made entire of reinforced concrete (meaning there is steel rebar inside the concrete). However most parking garages have a layer of brickwork attached to the outer facade (columns) of the garage so it looks better, not just exposed bland concrete.

GiveMeSox
03-27-2005, 11:21 PM
Cool! Can't wait to see it on tv.

Does it look like it'll be completely done by Opening Day, with the access to the Upper Deck and all the staircases and bases etc in place?

The one thing people dont realize about these construction jobs is that there is a steep progression curve, exponential like. It takes a lot of time and work to get the structural elements in place and make a safe and secure structure for worker to move around on. Once that part is over the rest comes pretty quick and easy. All the rest of the components are mainly pre-fab and attached to the job on site. That part is realtivly quick and easy so finishing the job will really speed up these last two weeks.