PDA

View Full Version : What parks have you been to?

Chrisaway
03-25-2005, 03:37 AM
I'm sure this has been posted before many times but since im excited to visit my first non-chicago ballpark next friday (Miller Park) I'm intrested in what other parks you guys have been to and what you think of em. Of the fields I've been to I rank them in this order...

1.Old Comiskey Park
2.US Cellular
distant 3rd. The Urinal

Banix12
03-25-2005, 04:25 AM
Here's where I've been

1. Old Comiskey Park
2. New Comiskey Park
3. Jacobs Field
4. Miller Park
5. County Stadium
6. Wrigley Field
7. Tiger Stadium

Hey, Chrisaway, enjoy Miller park, it's a real nice place to see a game. I usually go up there at least twice a year. Comfortable seats, very good food, and good sightlines. Beer costs a fortune like usual but usually you can find a decent selection. I still swear the secret stadium sauce is really just Arby Sauce. Though it's still good on a brat.

Jacobs is my favorite non-sox stadium I've been to. It was just planned better than most of the stadiums built in the last 15 years.

I loved visting County stadium for the beer slide, the minor league atmosphere, and it was dirt cheap to go to, even in it's last days.

As much as I would like to place Wrigley last, Tiger stadium was an absolute suckhole. Horribly cramped seats, lousy food, absolutely disgusting bathrooms (worse than wrigley in my opinion). It deserved to be condemned. Now I went about a year before they stopped using it so it may have been in disrepair but man did that place suck when I was there.

The worst parts of wrigley are the bathrooms, trying to get to and from the park, and the fact that the cubs play there. It's definitely the baseball version of roughing it. The food is below average, the scoreboard is always slow to update and often inaccurate, and they pack people in there like sardines. I can understand why it's become a place to socialize since you can spend half the game crammed on a walkway, going nowhere with 100 other people.

Though I'll admit, my memories of Wrigley aren't that horrible, probably because each time I've gone the cubs lost and I had really good seats to watch them lose. Probably different from most people here, I've had the opprotunity to walk around the stadium when nobody was playing and nobody was there except four other people, and when the cubs fans aren't there and the cleaning crew has given it a once over, it's not that bad.

chisoxfan64
03-25-2005, 06:29 AM
Iv`e been to:
1. Old Comiskey
2. New Comiskey
3. Wrigley
4. County Stadium
5. Miller Park
6. The Ballpark In Arlington
7. Camden Yards (fantastic)
8. Metrodome
9. Metropolitan Stadium
10. Kaufman Stadium
11. Riverfront Stadium
12. Busch Stadium
13. Pro Player Stadium (worst place iv`e seen a game)

Parrothead
03-25-2005, 07:34 AM
Iv`e been to:

1. Old Comiskey
2. New Comiskey
3. Wrigley
4. County Stadium
5. Miller Park
6. Turner Field
7. Camden Yards
8. Jacobs Fields
9. Cleveland Municipal
10. Kaufman Stadium
11. Riverfront Stadium
12. Busch Stadium
13. Skydome
14. Oakland
15. SBC Ballpark (SF)
16. Whatever they are calling the Angels Stadium
17. Dodger Stadium
18. Tiger Stadium
19. Comerica
20. Astrodome
21. Metrodome (but for a football game)
22. Fenway
23. Petco Park (this year)

I believe that covers it for MLB stadiums. Too many with minor league ones....

My favorite....Kaufman

LongLiveFisk
03-25-2005, 08:01 AM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey/USCF
Wrigley Field
Fenway Park
Jacobs Field
PNC in Pittsburgh

The Racehorse
03-25-2005, 08:43 AM
Atlanta Fulton County Stadium, 1985
Mile High Stadium, 1987/88 (pre-season games)
New Comiskey Park, 1992
Wrigley Field, 1996
Kauffman Stadium, 2003/04
Busch Stadium, 2004
The Cell, 2004
[coming soon] Camden Yards -- Sox vs. Orioles, 29-31 July, 1 Aug 2005
[coming soon] RFK Stadium, 2005 season

delben91
03-25-2005, 08:53 AM
Camden Yards
Citizens Bank Park
New Comiskey
Jacobs Field
Wrigley Field
Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium
Fenway Park
RFK (this summer)
One of these years I'll make a trip out west...

hose
03-25-2005, 09:38 AM
The only parks that mean anything to me are old Comiskey, Tiger Stadium , and Yankee Stadium.
The Sox of course, Ty Cobb's home , and the house that Ruth built. I still have to make it to NY some day.

1- Comiskey Park
2- New Comiskey Park
3- Cubs Park
4- County Stadium
5- Tiger Stadium
6- Jack Murphy Stadium -(Padres)
7- Dodger Stadium
8- Anahiem Stadium
9- Metrodome- college and pro games (worst baseball facility I've ever been to)

Minor :
Burlington Bees (Iowa) twice - when A's (seen Vida Blue) and then later Sox.

Spring Training:
Tucson Electric

Rockies Park in Tucson, (nearly blinded by one players wife) combination of extreme beauty from face, hair, style, jewelry, and a blazing sun. Paid the price for staring to long with an elbow to the rib cage.

Giants park back in the early 80's(seen a hulking young Canseco with a 80 something number on his back). Amazed by his booming shots in bp.

SpammySosa
03-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
The Urinal
Arlington Stadium
US Steel Yard(Gary RailCats independant minor league)
I seriously need to work on some baseball-centered road trips!

Moses_Scurry
03-25-2005, 09:50 AM
US Cellular
Old Comiskey
Fenway
Camden Yards
Jacobs Field
Riverfront (Old Cincy)
Old Tiger Stadium
County Stadium (Old Milwaukee)
Miller Park
Three Rivers Stadium (Old Pitt)
Kaufman Stadium
Urinal
HHH Dome
Busch Stadium
Coors Field

Minor League:

Kane County
Schaumberg Flyers
Victory Field (Indy)
Marinelli Field (Rockford Expos)

SoxFan78
03-25-2005, 09:53 AM
New Comiskey
Old Comiskey
Fenway Park
Busch Stadium
Wrigley Field

wdelaney72
03-25-2005, 09:57 AM
USCF
Miller Park
Fenway
Jacobs Field
Urinal

I've been to Tiger stadium, but they were out of town. It's a shame, too, becuase it seemed REALLY nice.

While I like Jacobs field, I think it's a bit over-rated. It's nice, but it's not any nicer than USCF.

My favorite non-Sox ballpark is Miller Park.

Tekijawa
03-25-2005, 10:01 AM
1. New Comiskey
2. Metrodome (worst place to watch baseball EVER)
3. Wrigley
4. Bank One Ball Park (They opened the roof midway through the game on a cool stary Phoenix Night, I got chills. It was awesome)
5. Busch Stadium
6. Miller park (sat in $5 dollar seats, not bad at all, I really like the concept too, I think that $5 seats in the corner of Comiskey's upperdeck would bring a ton of people out!)
7. Camden Yards (3 hour rain delay, I thought the park was over rated, but still pretty cool)

baseball_fanatic
03-25-2005, 10:10 AM
1. US Cellular
2. Wrigley
3. The Ballpark in Arlington
4. Arlington Stadium (no more)
4. Minute Maid Park
5. Astrodome
6. Turner Field
7. Atlanta Fulton County Stadium (no more)
8. Camden Yards
9. Veterans Stadium (no more)
10. Busch Stadium
11. Bank One Ballpark

This year I'll add Fenway to the list as well.

mcfish
03-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey/USCF
Miller Park
Milwaukee County Stadium
Wrigley Field
Fenway Park
Almost got to Busch Stadium last year, will make it this year.
Will go to Kauffman this year too.

Dan H
03-25-2005, 10:32 AM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Milwaukee County Stadium
Miller Park
Riverfront Stadium
Candlestick Park
SBC Stadium
Oakland Alameda
Anaheim
Busch Stadium
Kaufmann Stadium
Yankee Stadium
Metrodome
Wrigley Field (Hate to admit it, and Last and least)

I have fond memories of the Metrodome because I saw Jack McDowell win his 20th game there in 1993 1-0. Minneapolis is a beautiful city, but that park is the pits.

Max Power
03-25-2005, 10:34 AM
After reading some of these lists I need to get to more stadiums. Here's mine in no particular order:

Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Wrigley
Tiger
Three Rivers
Fenway
Citizens Bank
Miller
Kingdome

Minor Leagues:
Kane County Cougers
Syracuse SkyChiefs (saw Vernon Wells)
Watertown (NY) Pirates/Indians. Saw a ton of their games with my grandparents when I was growing up. Probably some of the good Indians players from the mid 90's played there. The team left in the late 90's and looking back on it, I can't believe they had a team to begin with. The stadium was basically a covered grandstand behind home plate that probably dated to the 30's and a couple of metal bleachers down the lines. Some good memories though.

DSpivack
03-25-2005, 02:33 PM
And in this order...
SBC Park
New Comiskey
Busch Stadium
Wrigley
Coors Field
Comerica Park
Skydome [or whatever it's called now]
Turner Field
Dodger Stadium

Minors/Spring
Kane County
Ft. Lauderdale [Orioles]
Springfield

Niagara
03-25-2005, 02:48 PM
Cleveland Municipal Stadium
Astrodome
Kaufmann
Wrigley
Camden Yards

I'm going to a conference at McCormick Hyatt next summer, and want to get over to the Cell.

Minor:
War Memorial, Buffalo (Bisons)
Hyde park (Niagara Falls Pirates)
Rosenblatt (Omaha Royals)

C-Dawg
03-25-2005, 02:57 PM
In no particular order:

Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Wrigley
Riverfront Stadium
Royals Stadium
Miller Park
Comerica Park
Tucson Electric Park

I'll be going to see the Sox vs. Minn. at the Metrodome in a couple weeks; always was curious to see what a dump that place is.

TommyJohn
03-25-2005, 03:03 PM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Wrigley (only as an employee, never as a spectator)
Busch Stadium
Dodger Stadium
Jack Murphy Stadium
Anaheim Stadium
Milwaukee County Stadium

HITMEN OF 77
03-25-2005, 03:05 PM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Wrigley
Kingdome
Safeco
County Stadium

WhiteSoxFan84
03-25-2005, 03:07 PM
1. New Comiskey - old now
2. U.S. Cellular :redneck - best ballpark in America
3. Urinal - lots of hot chicks and bad baseball
4. Miller Park - gorgeous

It's probably impossible but I want to plan a "7-Day/5 Stadium Midwest Road Trip" in which a bunch of my friends and I visit 5 baseball parks (Busch Stadium, Kauffman Stadium, Great American, Comerica, and Jacobs Field - screw the Metrodome, it looks hideous). The biggest problem will be finding the week (or even 2 weeks) when all 5 of these teams are at home. Anyone ever tried anything like this?

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-25-2005, 03:10 PM
Comiskey Park
US Cellular Field
Kane County Cougars
preety crappy list, i know

jake27
03-25-2005, 03:11 PM
us cellular
urinal
miller park
county stadium
metrodome
busch

i plan on going to detroit, cinny, and kansas city this year though

Fenway
03-25-2005, 03:42 PM
My list of parks that no longer have baseball is getting longer than what I have seen

Fenway
Comiskey
USCF
1060 W Addison
Stade Olympique
RFK Stadium
Dodger Stadium
Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium
The Vet
Memorial Stadium (Balto)
Camden Yards
County Stadium
Arlington Stadium
Fulton County
Tiger Stadium
Parc Jarry
Exhibtion Stadium
Skydome
Cleveland Stadium
Tropicanna Field
Dolphins Stadium

siugrad25
03-25-2005, 03:59 PM
Comiskey Park I & II
Wrigley Field
Busch Stadium
Miller Park
Milwaukee County Stadium
Jacobs Field
Yankee Stadium
Fenway Park
Olympic Stadium
Skydome
Tropicana Field
SBC Park
Turner Field
Dolphins Stadium

DumpJerry
03-25-2005, 04:13 PM
I spent 7 years in Minnesota. The HumpDome is an abomination. Indoor baseball is the worst experience ever. It never feels like a ball game when there is no sunshine overhead, the wind in your face and the city in the background. The Sox once had a weekend series in July when I was there. My buddy and I decided ahead of time to go the Saturday afternoon game. On Saturday morning, my friend called me and we decided to cancel because it was 85 and sunny that day. Who wanted to stay indoors on such a beautiful day? Most of the games I went to were at night. I eventually stopped going because it did not feel right.

I did get to the last home opener at the old Met Stadium in Minnesota (1984). It was a grand old ballpark. They played the A's and Billy Martin charged the fans in the seats behind the dugout in the 7th inning because they kept throwing marshmellows at him. The fans were ejected. The reason for the harassment was that in the offseason, Martin was arrested for allegedly assaulting a marshmellow salesman from Bloomington, Minnesota-the town the Met was located in!

Been to Jacobs Field. Made me very jealous of the Tribe and pissed at Uncle Jerry for the plan he bought from the same architects.

Been to the Urinal once in the last 21 years (7-2-04). I sat in the bleachers. My therapist has managed to erase the memories, so I cannot comment, but I do have vague memories of people without shirts on dancing to the "YMCA" and Donna Summer..............

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2005, 04:25 PM
I spent 7 years in Minnesota. The HumpDome is an abomination. Indoor baseball is the worst experience ever. It never feels like a ball game when there is no sunshine overhead, the wind in your face and the city in the background. The Sox once had a weekend series in July when I was there. My buddy and I decided ahead of time to go the Saturday afternoon game. On Saturday morning, my friend called me and we decided to cancel because it was 85 and sunny that day. Who wanted to stay indoors on such a beautiful day? Most of the games I went to were at night. I eventually stopped going because it did not feel right.

I did get to the last home opener at the old Met Stadium in Minnesota (1984). It was a grand old ballpark. They played the A's and Billy Martin charged the fans in the seats behind the dugout in the 7th inning because they kept throwing marshmellows at him. The fans were ejected. The reason for the harassment was that in the offseason, Martin was arrested for allegedly assaulting a marshmellow salesman from Bloomington, Minnesota-the town the Met was located in!

Been to Jacobs Field. Made me very jealous of the Tribe and pissed at Uncle Jerry for the plan he bought from the same architects.

Been to the Urinal once in the last 21 years (7-2-04). I sat in the bleachers. My therapist has managed to erase the memories, so I cannot comment, but I do have vague memories of people without shirts on dancing to the "YMCA" and Donna Summer..............I went to a game at SkyDome and you're right. It feels like baseball practice in the gym. If you haven't been to Miller Park, it's a lot better, even with the dome closed. There's lots of glass and you get a lot of natural lighting. That, plus the real grass gives it a lot more of an outdoor feel.

Baby Fisk
03-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Exhibition Stadium
Skydome
New Comiskey
Tiger Stadium
Comerica Park
Camden Yards
Fenway Park
Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium

And to all of you who have been to Skydome... please accept my apologies. :redface:

winning ugly 72
03-25-2005, 05:24 PM
old comiskey
new comiskey
wrigley field
miller park
busch stadium

i am going to coors this summer when the sox play the rockies

TomC727
03-25-2005, 08:35 PM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Wrigley
Miller Park
Metrodome
Jacob's Field
Great American Ballpark
Citizen's Bank Ballpark
Fenway Park
Yankee Stadium
Camden Yard

This Summer Parks to Visit
Shea Stadium
RFK Stadium
Busch Stadium
PNC Park
Comerica

cwsfannick
03-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Old Comiskey
US Cellular
Fenway
Yankee Stadium

Parrothead
03-25-2005, 09:56 PM
And to all of you who have been to Skydome... please accept my apologies. :redface:

I was at Skydome the year it opened and the place was filled and rockin'. The second game I watched from the Hard Rock Cafe. It was great. No apologies necessary, for me.:D: Your City is a blast.

I went to the Loose Moose Cafe prior to the game. Is that place still there?

SOXintheBURGH
03-25-2005, 09:57 PM
First post in a week!

1. US Cellular Field
2. Comiskey Park
3. Wrigley Field
4. County Stadium
5. PNC Park
6. Three Rivers Stadium
7. Veterans Stadium
8. Citizens Bank Ballpark

whitesoxwilkes
03-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Here's the ones I haven't been to:

Pac Bell/SBC
PNC (although I have been to Three Rivers)
Pro Player
Kaufmann
Busch
Petco
Citizens Bank (been to the Vet)
Arlington
Minute Maid

Minors: Silver Stadium (Rochester Red Wings old park), Frontier Field (Red Wings new Park), War Memorial (Buffalo Bisons old park), Dunn Tire Park (Bisons new park), Legends Field (Tampa Yankees).

WagMan
03-25-2005, 11:05 PM
Been to:
Old Comiskey
US Cellular
County Stadium
:cheers:
Miller Park
Comerica Park
Jacobs Field
and the one up north

2005 plans:
Bank One Ballpark
Pac Bell Ballpark
and Busch Stadium in its final year

Baby Fisk
03-25-2005, 11:56 PM
I was at Skydome the year it opened and the place was filled and rockin'. The second game I watched from the Hard Rock Cafe. It was great. No apologies necessary, for me.:D: Your City is a blast.

I went to the Loose Moose Cafe prior to the game. Is that place still there?

Um, yeah, Skydome opened in 1989, when the Jays were spending money like drunken sailors, the Yankees sucked HUGE and the BoSox were a minor irritance like a mosquito. Damn, within a few short years, Toronto was the baseball capital of the world, so the place would have naturally been rocking. I was at a 1992 playoff game when 50,000+ lunatics were crammed into the place. Sure, then it would have been like being at a baseball rave. Now, it's like being at a baseball grave... :(:

However, I do not dispute your assertion that Toronto is a "blast". You got that right and then some, Parrothead! :cool:

StillMissOzzie
03-26-2005, 01:01 AM
We've had this thread before, but what the heck:

Old Comiskey
New Comiskey/USCF
Wrigley Field
Atlanta Fulton County
County Stadium
Kaufman Field
HHH Metrodome
Coors Field
Chavez Ravine
Candlestick Park
Kingdome

along with a handful of minor league-type ballparks.

What never ceases to amaze me is that in a relatively short time, I have been to a total of 5 ballparks that aren't there any more, while 6 of them are. Places I would like to get to in my lifetime:

Tiger Stadium
Skydome
Miller Park
PNC Park
Jacobs Field
Yankee Stadium
Safeco Field
Camden Yards

SMO
:gulp:

Nellie_Fox
03-26-2005, 01:25 AM
In order:

New Comiskey
Yankee Stadium
Old Comiskey
Field of Dreams
Wrigley (although I haven't been there since 1963)
Elfstrom Stadium (home of the Kane County Cougars)
Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome (what a dump)

I've walked around, and looked in through the grillework from the right field walkway between the wall and the bay, at Pac Bell (or whatever it's called now) in San Francisco. It looked great, but I can't put it on my list since I never saw a game there.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-26-2005, 01:38 AM
Old Comiskey
The Cell
Comerica Park
Tropicana Field
Metrodome
The urinal
Old County stadium
Miller Park

Both of the domes suck, I'd rather go to the urinal because it's actually outside. The guy who mentioned the the HHH dome was exactly right, it's just not "right" watching baseball indoors..

WhiteSoxFan84
03-26-2005, 02:14 AM
However, I do not dispute your assertion that Toronto is a "blast". You got that right and then some, Parrothead! :cool:

I was in Toronto about 3 years ago for Wrestlemania XVIII in the SkyDome. The Dome itself was solid and it was PACKED. But I remember looking at my friend and saying, "I'd NEVER want to watch a baseball game here".

As for the city itself, I think it was solid as well. The fact that I knew two very beautiful girls there who I was hanging out with my whole stay probably had a lot to do with that.

One thing I disliked about Toronto (and practically everywhere else I've been), is the fact that there are practically no places to get food after 1AM. I'm so used Chicago having so many 24 Hr. McDonald's, Wendy's, Togo's, etc.

Kroozah
03-26-2005, 04:32 AM
Old Comiskey
Wrigley
Candlestick Park
SBC/Pac Bell
Oakland Coliseum
Kingdome
Tropicana Field
Veteran's Stadium

Chrisaway
03-26-2005, 05:09 AM
Im planning on at least checking out Jacobs Field and Comerica Park (and possibly Kaufman) this summer.

BigEdWalsh
03-26-2005, 05:36 AM
1. Comiskey Park
2. Wrigley Field
3. County Stadium
4. Shea Stadium
5. US Cellular

I want Mags back
03-26-2005, 10:59 PM
1. THE CELL
2. Comerica Park
3. Tiger Stadium
4. was in outside gift shop at Busch
5. Urinal
6. Milwaukee County (yes under the urinal)
7. Hopefully RFK this summer

1. TEP
2. Hawkinson Ford Field (Windy City T-Bolts, formerly Cook County Cheetahs)
3. Urinal #2 (hohokam)

Johnny Mostil
03-26-2005, 11:47 PM
In order . . .

Crosley Field
Riverfront Stadium
Old Comiskey
Wrigley
County Stadium
Tiger Stadium
Fulton County Stadium
Dodger Stadium
US Cellular
Yankee Stadium

ChiSoxRowand
03-27-2005, 01:01 AM
Here are the parks I have been to in no particular order

Us Cellular
Miller Park
County Stadium
Urinal (worst)
Busch stadium (my favorite)
Skydome
Tropicana field
Fulton county stadium
Camden Yards (overrated)
Fenway park

minor league-marinelli field

fozzy
03-27-2005, 06:45 AM
the cell/ and old comiskey
wrigley
miller park/county stadium
yankee stadium
shea
camden yards
coors
Chavez Ravine (horrible)
angels (i forget the name)
candlestick
busch
kafuman
the old san diego park
and the mud hens field in toledo my dad was a big fan of mash we stopped got a dog at paco's and caught a game.

the hidden gem is k.c.'s park it was built in the 70's along with all the other crappy parks but its great. watch a game there... great fans every seat is great plus tailgating.

brewcrew/chisox
03-27-2005, 10:15 AM
The Cell
County Stadium
Miller Park
Busch Stadium
Dodger Stadium
Bank One
Urinal
Coors Field
Dodger Stadium
(I got some work to do yet)

MikeW
03-27-2005, 10:45 PM
In no particular order:

Yankee Stadium(old and new)
New Comiskey
Astrodome
Exhibition Stadium(Toronto)
Skydome
Fenway
Camden Yards
Shea Stadium
Payne Park(old and new)
Minor leagues:Buffalo(old and new)Rochester,New Britian,Nashua,Glens Falls,Pawtucket,New Haven,Bridgeport,Waterbury,San Antonio(VJ Keefe),West Haven and Albany.

TornLabrum
03-27-2005, 11:18 PM
Major League...not that many:

Comiskey I
Comiskey II/The Cell
Tiger Stadium
Comerica Park
HHH Metrodome
Milwaukee County Stadium
Miller Park

Minor League:

Joliet
Wrigley Field
Kane County
Rockford
Schaumburg
Peoria (the ball park they recently moved out of)
Cedar Rapids (old ball park)
Quad Cities (before the renovation)
Burlington, IA
Beloit
South Bend
Lansing, MI
Battle Creek
Kenosha

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-27-2005, 11:21 PM
am i one of the only people who hasn't been to the urinal?

AZChiSoxFan
03-28-2005, 04:22 PM
In no particular order and stating up front that I will call some stadiums by their former name:

Comiskey II
Skydome
Tiger Stadium
Comerica Park
Kauffman Stadium
Arlington Stadium
Ballpark in Arlington
Anaheim Stadium
Oakland Alameda County Coliseum
Kingdome
Bank One Ballpark
Jack Murphy
Candlestick
SBC
Dodger Stadium
Coors Field
Olympic Stadium
Astrodome
Busch
wrigley

I agree with those who've said that Kauffman is a hidden gem that is rarely talked about, it's very nice. The worst stadium I've been to is a three way tie between the Astrodome, the Kingdome, and Olympic stadium (I was there when it was essentially a domed stadium). Obviously, I agree with those who dislike domes. At least Bank One has grass and if you go to games in April, May, or September, you can usually count on the roof being open.

SpammySosa
03-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Major League...not that many:

Comiskey I
Comiskey II/The Cell
Tiger Stadium
Comerica Park
HHH Metrodome
Milwaukee County Stadium
Miller Park

Minor League:

Joliet
Wrigley Field
Kane County
Rockford
Schaumburg
Peoria (the ball park they recently moved out of)
Cedar Rapids (old ball park)
Quad Cities (before the renovation)
Burlington, IA
Beloit
South Bend
Lansing, MI
Battle Creek
Kenosha

LMAO!!

Norberto7
03-30-2005, 12:00 AM
Of those who have been to PNC in Pittsburgh, how did you find it? I was impressed by the exterior facade and the outfield view, but aside from that I did not find it to be the gem that many do. Perhaps the rain/awful humidity when I was there sullied the experience. Just wondering what some others think, I know there's some Pittsburgh posters on this board.

I had the opportunity to visit the Stade Olympique before the Expos moved...that was something. I got to share the stadium with 4,000 odd of my closest friends. Got a pretty cool picture of thousands of empty yellow seats.

Brian26
03-30-2005, 04:33 PM
Old Comiskey

New Comiskey

Wrigley Field

Busch Stadium

Miller Park

Pete Vonachen Stadium - Peoria

kittle42
03-30-2005, 05:55 PM
In no particular order....

Old Comiskey
US Cellular Field
Wrigley Field
Fenway Park
Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium
Tiger Stadium
Busch Stadium
The HHH Metrodome
County Stadium
Miller Park
Safeco Field

The_Cheesiest_Idiot
03-30-2005, 07:12 PM
the cell
comiskey
the shrine
yankee stadium
fenway
candlestick
pac bell/sbc whatever the hell it's called now
tiger stadium
kaufman
dodger stadium
skydome
jacobs field
Lamade Stadium (where the little league world series is played)
pro players stadium
riverfront (what a turd)
camden yards
coors
mile high (for baseball)
county stadium
miller park (was much better than i thought it would be)
the BOB
the astrodome
3 rivers
jack murphy

hopefully this year i'll see pnc, rfk, and petco

skobabe8
03-30-2005, 07:41 PM
1. Old Comiskey (thank you dad, before it was too late)
2. The Cell
3. The Urinal
4. Jacobs Field
5. Kauffman
6. Minute Maid
7. Busch (thank goodness before its too late)
8. Bank One

Coming Soon....Coors Field

kcsportscaster
03-31-2005, 01:15 AM
In no particular order:

Major League:

Old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium (Numerous occasions)

Turner Field (Unfortunately, only once, need to get back there soon, awesome place to watch a game!!!!)

Astrodome (Numerous occasions)

Superdome, New Orleans (Twice, Dodgers/A's exhibition game in 1991 and Yankees/Red Sox exhibition game in 1994) Yes, there is baseball played there occasionally, including college games involving LSU.

Minor League:

Hank Aaron Stadium, Mobile, AL (Double-A Southern League's Mobile BayBears, Padres affiliate)

Zephyr Field, Metairie, LA (Triple-A Pacific Coast League's New Orleans Zephyrs, then Astros affiliate, now Nationals affiliate)

Privateer Park, New Orleans (Temporary home of Zephyrs from 1993 to 1996, a true dreckhole with mostly temporary metal bleachers that were added to make room for the Zephyrs. Now, it's just the home of U. of New Orleans baseball.)

Hoover Met, Hoover, AL (All of you should know who calls that great ballpark home, none other than the Birmingham Barons, Double-A Southern League)

Old Rickwood Field, Birmingham, AL (Former home of the Barons)

Joe Davis Stadium, Huntsville, AL (Double-A Southern League's Huntsville Stars, now Brewers affiliate, formerly A's affiliate)

The Diamond, Richmond, VA (Triple-A International League's Richmond Braves, Braves affiliate)

Golden Park, Columbus, GA (Then Single-A South Atlantic League's Columbus RedStixx, new franchise in the same league called the Columbus Catfish has since been relocated to there)

Smith-Wills Stadium, Jackson, MS (Former home of the Double-A Texas League's Jackson Generals, Astros affiliate, that has since been relocated to Round Rock, TX and is now in Corpus Christi, TX after Round Rock was elevated to Triple-A)

Old Eddie Stanky Field, Mobile, AL (Former home of the old independent then called Texas-Louisiana League, now Central League's Mobile BaySharks. Stanky Field has since been refurbished and is only used as the home of U. of South Alabama Jaguars baseball)

College:

Old and New Eddie Stanky Field, Mobile, AL (See above)

Pete Taylor Park, Hattiesburg, MS (Home of Southern Miss baseball)

Sewell-Thomas Stadium, Tuscaloosa, AL ( Home of Alabama baseball)

Pelican Park, Pensacola, FL (Home of both U. of West Florida Argonauts and independent Central League's Pensacola Pelicans baseball)

Parks I have to see:

The Cell

R-F-K Stadium

Camden Yards

Kauffman Stadium

Busch Stadium

Minute Maid Park

Dodger Stadium

Petco Park

S-B-C Park

Fenway Park

Citizens Bank Park

Coors Field

Miller Park

Bank One Ballpark

Great American Ballpark

Jacobs Field

Safeco Field

Comerica Park

Angels Stadium

ElevenUp
03-31-2005, 01:34 AM
Old Comiskey
US Cellular
Wrigley Field
Camden Yards
Coors Field
Yankee Stadium
Bank One Ballpark
Victory Field (Indianapolis Indians Triple A)

The Critic
04-02-2005, 11:14 PM
Parks I've been to, in order of preference:

USCF

Old Comiskey

Bank One Ballpark

Miller Park

Wrigley

Busch Stadium

I'm glad for Cardinals fans that they're finally getting a real ballpark. That horrific dump they've been stuck in forever is better off in little pieces on the ground. That "stadium" is an armpit.

Bisco Stu
04-03-2005, 02:42 PM
Comiskey

Cell

Urinal

Candlestick

SBC (Pac Bell)

Dodger Stadium

Milwaukee County

Oakland Alameda

SBC is easily the best of the ones I've been to. Only Dodger Stadium comes close.

OKCidiot
04-26-2005, 03:37 AM
I've been fortunate to do lots of roadtripping over the years, and working for an airline helped out considerably. When I made it to Montreal in 1996, at that time I had been to every current Major League park (including several that do not exist anymore). With all the new parks that have opened since then, I've been to a few, but I've got quite a bit of catching up to do. Now that I have most of my credit card debt paid down, I'll be roadtripping again soon!

Anyway here's my list, in (mostly) chronological order:

Old Comiskey Park (grew up 4 blocks away and have lost count as to how many I've attended there, but I was at the final 3 games in '90)
Wrigley Field
Busch Stadium (pre and post real grass)
County Stadium
New Comiskey Park/U.S. Cellular Field (including first two games in '91)
Municipal Stadium (Cleveland)
Tiger Stadium
Astrodome
HHH Metrodome
Anaheim Stadium (The Big A)
Skydome
Arlington Stadium
Royals (Kauffman) Stadium (pre and post real grass)
Oakland Alameda County Coliseum
Jacobs Field
Shea Stadium
Yankee Stadium
Camden Yards
Three Rivers Stadium
Riverfront Stadium
Mile High Stadium
The Ballpark At Arlington
Veterans Stadium
Coors Field
Fenway Park
Fulton County Stadium
Jack Murphy Stadium
Dodger Stadium
Candlestick Park
Kingdome
Joe Robbie Stadium (only in-person no hitter, Al Leiter vs. Colorado)
Olympic Stadium
Bank One Ballpark
Turner Field
Safeco Field

Spring Training sites
Ed Smith Stadium (SOX, Sarasota)
Charlotte County Stadium (Texas Rangers)
Joker Marchant Stadium/Tiger Town (Lakeland, FL)
Roger Dean Stadium (Jupiter, FL, Cardinals)

Minor League parks
Epicenter (Rancho Cucamonga Quakes)
All-Sports Stadium (Oklahoma City 89ers)
Bricktown Ballpark (Oklahoma City Redhawks)

ode to veeck
04-26-2005, 05:30 AM
Old Comiskey
Wrigley
County Stadium
Fenway
Shea
Yankee Stadium
Candlestick
Colleseum
The Cell

haven't been to PacBell Park even though I've been here since it opened ... too many yuppies

favorite minor league park: the old Bee Field in New Britain, CT for AA Red Sox, early 80s

favorite minor league club: Appleton Foxes, former Sox A club, recently demised, I believe

ilsox7
04-26-2005, 05:35 AM
1. Old Comiskey
2. New Sox Park
3. Wrigley
4. Fenway
5. Turner
6. Coors
7. Enron (or Minute Maid now?)
8. The BOB
9. Pac Bell
10. Oakland
11. The jake
12. Busch
13. Miller Park
14. Qualcomm (Old Padres/Jack Murphy?)
15. Riverfront Stadium (Cincy)
16. Ballpark at Arlington

pinwheels3530
04-26-2005, 12:09 PM
New Comiskey
Old Comiskey
Wrigley Field
Miller Park
Jacobs Field
PNC Park

Hangar18
04-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Old Comiskey
Old Tiger Stadium

The Urinal
Miller Park
The Metrodome
Jacobs Field
ProPlayer (Marlins) Park
Busch Stadium
Kauffman (Royals) Stadium
Dodger Stadium

Soon to be added to the LIST:
Yankee Stadium
Fenway Park
Petco Park

bennyw41
04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Saw games in all but a few marked ones....I just walked on the field, or went inside...No order. Been to All AL cept for newest ones and Tampa Bay(hoping they contract frist)

Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Wrigley
Miller park
County Stadium
Busch
Cleveland
Tiger Stadium
Yankee Stadium
Kaufman*
HHH dome
Anaheim
Skydome
Dodger Stadium*
Oakland Coliseum
Safeco
Arlington Park
Camden
Jacobs field
Fenway

mrs. hendu
07-07-2005, 11:48 PM
Comisky Park / The Cell
Wrigley Field
Angel Stadium

SOXfnNlansing
07-07-2005, 11:59 PM
Comiskey, Comiskey II, wrigley, Dolphin's Stadium (once), and Tropicana (once)

Norberto7
07-08-2005, 12:25 AM
Majors:

U.S. Cellular Field
Comiskey Park
Wrigley Field
County Stadium
Miller Park
HHH Metrodome
Busch Stadium
PNC Par
kTiger Stadium
Stade Olympique
Jacobs Field
Skydome (toured, no game)

Minors:

Kane County (name?)
Gary Steelyard (no game)
Ray Winder Field (L.R., Arkansas)

There's no place like home, however. I've heard PNC is nice, but I have only awful memories of it because it rained during the game I went there, and I can only remember how unbearably hot and humid it was afterwards, tempering any enthusiam I had for being there. Ugh. On the other hand, Olympic Stadium was quite comfy inside... :tongue:

chisoxfan23
07-08-2005, 12:43 AM
Comiskey (old)
The Cell
PNC Park
Fenway Park
Dodger Stadium
Tiger Stadium
Comerica Park
Three Rivers in Pittsburgh
Jacobs Field
Citizens Bank Park
Skydome
Bank One Ballpark
Camden Yards
Tropicana (if you can count that)

I've driven by a ton of other parks. And I've been to a ton of minor league parks.

WhiteSox16K
07-08-2005, 04:23 AM
1. Old Comiskey - 1990 or 91? Too young to remember
2. Comiskey/USCF - Enough to not have specifics.
3. Wrigley - A few times
4. Quallcom (Jack Murphy) Stadium - 90's Sometime
5. Skydome - 90's Sometime (Stayed in the "Skydome Hotel" in CF)
6. Miller Park - 01?00?99? - Whenever the Sox were there.
7. Turner Field - 2000 - right after the ASG in Atlanta.
8. Comerica Park - 2002 Baseball Trip
9. Jacobs Field - 2002 Baseball Trip
10. PNC Park - 2002 Baseball Trip
11. Camden Yards - 2002 Baseball Trip
12. Veterans Stadium - 2002 Baseball Trip
13. Yankee Stadium - 2002 Baseball Trip
14. Shea Stadium - 2002 Baseball Trip
15. Fenway Park - 2002 Baseball Trip
16. Metrodome - 2004 Sox Game
17. Oakland Coliseum - 2004 Semi-Baseball Trip
18. Angels Stadium - 2004 Semi-Baseball Trip
19. Bank-One Ballpark - 2004 Semi-Baseball Trip
20. Kauffman Stadium - 2004 Sox Game
**EDIT:
After going and reading a few more posts (that I probably should've read early) I have an additon - and may have a few more:
*23.* Three Rivers Stadium - 90's - In Pittsburgh for a hockey tourny

I've also been to (outside of - never in):
20. Candlestick, 3-Com (Now 'Monster' I think) - 90's, Set-up for Football [Was inside]
21. Coors Field - Trip to Denver in late 90's
22. SBC Park - 2004 Semi-Baseball Trip (Stayed in SF, walked there to take a peek)

I'm very lucky to see all of these places. And to think I'm only 18. Trips are in the planning stages (next year) to go to St. Louis and the Texas ballparks. I can't wait. I also MIGHT make it to Seattle because next year my dad will have a conference in Seattle in May - hopefully they'll be in town. Washington WILL be seen with my girlfriend eventually - she loves D.C. and the Florida parks - I have no idea, but I'm sure I'll make it. The girlfriend's parents have a condo in Naples so the 2 hour and 4 hour drives will probably be made. All of the others will probably be filled in at some point because (if you can't tell or assume already) to make it to all MLB parks is now definitely a goal of mine.

C-Dawg
07-08-2005, 08:02 AM
1. Old Comiskey - 1992 or 93? Too young to remember

That's quite a feat since it was torn down during the 1991 season LOL.

Eh, just teasing ya there!

Anyway I may have posted here already but I'll do it again:

Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Wrigley
Riverfront Stadium
Royals Stadium
Comerica Park
Miller Park
Metrodome
Busch Stadium

Probably looking to hit Cincinnati again later this summer too.

EastCoastSoxFan
07-08-2005, 09:34 AM
The only park I can think of that's not in my sig is Wrigley, which I was once FORCED to visit as part of a school trip when I was in 1st or 2nd grade (as I recall, the game went to extra innings and was eventually called because of darkness).

1951Campbell
07-08-2005, 09:59 AM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Milwaukee County Stadium
Miller Park
Shea Stadium
Fenway Park
Veterans' Stadium
Citizens' Bank Park
Camden Yards
PacBell Park

WhiteSox16K
07-08-2005, 01:00 PM
That's quite a feat since it was torn down during the 1991 season LOL.

Eh, just teasing ya there!

It was late, I was too lazy to check, oops :redface: . I know is I have a picture of me on my grandma's lap in the UD at old comiskey - it WOULD make sense that I was 2 or 3 in the picture though.

DC Sox Fan
07-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Old Comiskey
Memorial (Balmur)
New Comiskey
the urinal
Candlestick
Camden Yards
County
Kauffman
Petco
The Bobby (RFK)

soxjim
07-08-2005, 06:27 PM
1. Old Comiskey
2. US Cellular
3. wrigley
4. County Stadium
5. Miller Park
6. Metro Dome
7. Tiger Stadium
8. Comerica Park
9. Jacobs Field
10. Busch Stadium
11. Kaufmann Stadium
12. Sky Dome
13. Olympic Stadium
14. Riverfront Stadium
15. Cinergy Field
16. Three Rivers Stadium
17. Camden Yards
18. Tropicana Field
19. Jack Murphy

mrs. hendu
07-08-2005, 07:00 PM
am i one of the only people who hasn't been to the urinal?

Hey, that was me until the cross-town series this year. I never cared about going there, but I was given tickets so I went. I wish I hadn't because we lost and Flubs fans were getting on my nerves more than ever. :angry:

whtsx1959
07-08-2005, 08:05 PM
1. Old Comiskey
2. New Comiskey
3. Old County Stadium
4. Metrodome
5. Wrigley Field (Go Reds and Pirates!)
6. Coors Field
7. Edison International Field
8. Miller Park
9. Busch Stadium
10. Fenway Park

slobes
07-09-2005, 12:13 AM
I'm trying to get to all of them
1) the Cell
2) Wrigley
3) old Tiger Stadium
4) Comerica PArk
5) old County Stadium
6) Miller Park
7) Busch Stadium
8) Minute Maid
9) Camden Yards
10) the Metrodome

I'm only 16 and never got to go to old Comiskey.

Minors:
Kane County Cougars
Lansing Lugnuts
Savannah Sand Gnats
Norfolk Tides
Schaumburg Flyers
Joliet Jackhammers
Cedar Rapids Kernals
Kenosha Mammoths (no longer in existence, :(: )
South Bend Silverhawks
Beloit Snappers

Collegiate League: Dupage Dragons

And I always mention that I went to the Field of Dreams

DieTrying79
07-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Wrigley
Busch
Memorial Stadium (Baltimore)
Camden Yards
Kingdome (no more)
Safeco Field
Fenway
SBC Park
Oakland Coliseum
Gotta try to see Yankee before they close it. Really wanna see the new park in Pittsburgh, too. Might try to see Petco this year, looks really cool on tv.

The Dude
07-09-2005, 11:12 PM
1.) Old Comiskey
2.) County Stadium
3.) new Comiskey
4.) Urinal
5.) Jacobs Field
6.) Busch Stadium (in sept)

hope to hit up Comerica soon!

Viva Medias B's
07-09-2005, 11:13 PM
MLB Parks:

Comiskey Park (deceased)
Wrigley Field
U.S. Cellular Field
Dolphin Stadium
Busch Stadium
Yankee Stadium
County Stadium (deceased)
Riverfront Stadium (deceased)
Bank One Ballpark (but not a game, dined at Friday's)
Oriole Park at Camden Yards
Miller Park

Minor League/Spring Training Parks:

Fort Lauderdale Stadium
Pompano Beach Stadium (deceased)
Coveleski Stadium
Tucson Electric Park
Hi Corbett Field
Hawkinson Ford Field
Alexian Field
Indianapolis Victory Field

College Parks:

Rocky Miller Park (Northwestern)
Frank Eck Stadium (Notre Dame)
Jerry Kindall Field at Frank Sancet Stadium (Arizona)
Illinois Field (obviously Illinois)
Johnny Rosenblatt Stadium for the 2000 Championship Game of the College World Series between Stanford and LSU (actually a minor league park, home of the AAA Omaha Golden Spikes)

MUsoxfan
07-09-2005, 11:44 PM
I just planned a day trip to PNC in Pittsburgh. Have to take advantage of that Southwest $29 each way airfare while I can

Stroker Ace
07-11-2005, 10:14 AM
I'm sure this has been posted before many times but since im excited to visit my first non-chicago ballpark next friday (Miller Park) I'm intrested in what other parks you guys have been to and what you think of em. Of the fields I've been to I rank them in this order...
Miller Park is great. Hope you have a good time.

Stroker Ace
07-11-2005, 10:15 AM
I've been to

1. New Comiskey
2. Miller Park
3. Shea Stadium
4. Yankee Stadium
5. the urinal

NWSox
07-12-2005, 03:10 AM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
Urinal
Fenway
Yankee Stadium
Shea Stadium
The Vet
Three Rivers
Olympic Stadium (Montreal)
Memorial Stadium (Baltimore)
Camden Yards
RFK (to see the Senators - too young to remember)
County Stadium
Tiger Stadium (not Comerica)
Minute Maid Park
Oakland Alameda (McAfee??)
Kingdome
Safeco
Municipal Stadium (Cleveland)
Jacobs Field
Jack Murphy

The best stadiums were both Comiskeys, Safeco, Fenway, Camden Yards, Tiger Stadium and (yes) the Urinal.

Worst were Shea and Olympic. I was pretty young at the Vet and Three Rivers, so I was excited just to be there. I was definitely underwhelmed by Yankee Stadium, but my expectations were high.

doublem23
07-12-2005, 03:38 AM
1) The Cell
2) Old Comiskey - Only remember one game, and the only real tangent memory I have is looking at all the different layers of paint on my seat that were chipping away.
3) Wrigley - Haven't been to game there in nearly 4 years.
4) Busch Stadium - Went once 4 years ago, IIRC. Nice place, but damn does it get hot down there.
5) Fenway Park - Awful experience, my damn seats didn't even face the infield. Food sucked, too.
6) Camden Yards - It's been a long time. Never sat in the upper deck, so can't comment/compare to the Cell's, but the lower bowl is very nice.
7) Alexian Field (Flyers) - Nice place, but kind of unimpressive, IMO, compared to other minor league parks I've been to.
8) Jackhammers' Stadium in Joliet - Forget the name, but a very cool place to watch baseball. Too bad at home I live like 45 minutes away from Joliet via 294 and 55 else I could see myself spending a lot more time there.
9) Kane County Cougars - Went to a game there once, probably 6-7 years ago. Thought the place sucked. Have no interest in going again.
10) O'Brien Field, Peoria - Nice place, conviently located in downtown Peoria, lots of free parking nearby if you get there early enough, and a fun place, IMO.
11) County Stadium in Milwaukee - Sweet place. Went to the game there years ago; back in the glory days of Craig Grebeck when the Brewers were, rightfully, in the American League. Sox lost, so I was bummed. Never been to Miller Park.
12) Alburquerque Dukes - Saw a Dukes game a couple of years ago when we went to New Mexico. Not 100% sure if they have a new stadium because of the new team, but as far as minor league parks go, this place kind of sucked. Mountains in backdrop were nice, but the actual stadium definitely kind of sucked. New Mexicans didn't seemed that enthralled about baseball.

Andy T Clown
07-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Old Comiskey
New Comisky
U.S Cellular Field
Miller Park
Fenway (saw Morgana kiss Clemmons against White Sox):gulp:

Minor League parks:
Kane County Cougars (Dave Wills was the play by play guy)
Schaumberg Flyers
the urinal twice (1966 and 1999):mad:

JackParkman
07-13-2005, 11:57 PM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
County Stadium
Miller Park
Busch Stadium
Oakland Coliseum
Edison Field
Wrigley

Norberto7
07-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Old Comiskey
New Comiskey
County Stadium
Miller Park
Busch Stadium
Oakland Coliseum
Edison Field
Wrigley

Jack Parkman? You should have visited all AL ballparks, minimum. Although I could understand if you are confused, since your Indians played their home games in Camden Yards, and previously in County Stadium (before your time).

RavenswoodFan
07-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Milwaukee County Stadium
King Dome
Jack Murphy
PNC Park
Olympic Stadium
Wrigley
Cell/Comiskey II

THEBIGHURT35
07-14-2005, 02:42 PM
i am a new member to wsi, me and a couple of my friends are going out to jacobs field in october i was just wondering how it is

EastCoastSoxFan
07-14-2005, 02:45 PM
i am a new member to wsi, me and a couple of my friends are going out to jacobs field in october i was just wondering how it is
:welcome:
I'll be able to tell you after this weekend...

White Sox Josh
07-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Stadiums that I liked
1. US Cellular Field
2. Turner Field
3. Safeco Field
4. Yankee Stadium
5. Busch Stadium
6. Miller Park

Stadiums that Suck
1. Networks Associates Coliseum
2. Wrigley Field

ilsox7
07-14-2005, 03:27 PM

The Jake is great. It's a nice stadium located in the Gateway district which has plenty of bars and whatnot. As of 2003, you could also get into a game for $5. Overall, very nice place to see a ballgame.

mccoydp
07-14-2005, 03:56 PM
I've been to:

MLB:

New Comiskey
The Urinal
County Stadium
Atlanta Fulton County Stadium
Turner Field

Minor League Parks:

Cohen Stadium (El Paso, TX: Diablos)
Durham Athletic Park (Durham, NC -- Bulls)
Burlington Athletic Stadium (Burlington, NC -- Indians)
Harbor Park (Norfolk, VA -- Tides)
Luther Williams Field (Macon, GA -- Braves)
Lake Olmstead Stadium (Augusta, GA: GreenJackets)

Baseballfan22
07-15-2005, 02:51 AM
U.S. Cellular
Wrigley Field
County Stadium
Miller Park
Jacobs Field.