PDA

View Full Version : Another guy runs into Ponson's fist

Unregistered
03-24-2005, 11:16 PM
This fat bastard just can't seem to stop guys from picking on him. :rolleyes:

"When I do something wrong, I'm the first one to admit it," Ponson said. "This time, I didn't do nothing wrong."

Meanwhile, it's the second time he "didn't do nothing wrong" and decked someone this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2020681&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

PAPChiSox729
03-25-2005, 12:14 AM
And we were pursuing this guy a few years ago? Yuck. That Oriel staff is really sad, especially when Ponson is considered your ace.

santo=dorf
03-25-2005, 01:06 AM
"I didn't do nothing wrong."

*paging kittle42*

jordan23ventura
03-25-2005, 03:58 AM
And yet another feather in the cap for the Baltimore Orioles organization.

First the Nationals, then the Ponson judge-puching crap, then the trade of a prefectly good Jerry Hairston for Sosa, then the Palmeiro and Sosa steriod issue, and now Ponson again.

I've always been of the opinion that living in Maryland must suck. But being a baseball fan in Maryland - utter torture.

SaltyPretzel
03-25-2005, 11:42 AM
"Earlier in the day, Ponson said he hurt his right hand Tuesday night fending off a fellow restaurant patron."

The fellow restaurant patron probably cut in front of him at the all-you-can-eat buffet table.

mjharrison72
03-25-2005, 11:44 AM
So proud to have drafted this classy pitcher in the final round of my fantasy draft. He needs to save it for the field, and remember Crash Davis' advice on hitting with your throwing hand.

Unregistered
03-25-2005, 11:50 AM
Best quote from the story:
...the pitcher was nearly done with dinner when a man approached Ponson and said, "So, you're the Aruban tough guy." The old "Aruban tough guy" line, eh?

I'm sure some drunk dude walked up to him and not only knew who he was, but knew his nationality as well.

Go sell crazy somewhere else, Syd.

RKMeibalane
03-25-2005, 12:54 PM
It's going to be an interesting year in the Orioles clubhouse, with Sosa, Palmeiro, and Ponson together. Two cheaters and a hot-head means bad things for this baseball team.

The Racehorse
03-25-2005, 01:36 PM
It's going to be an interesting year in the Orioles clubhouse, with Sosa, Palmeiro, and Ponson together.

[rhetorical question] How great would it have been for these three knuckleheads to have been managed by Billy Martin or Earl Weaver? The Oriole beat writers would have had a field day. :D:

Tekijawa
03-25-2005, 01:42 PM
Meanwhile, it's the second time he "didn't do nothing wrong" and decked someone this year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2020681&CMP=OTC-DT9705204233

Give him a break guys, this is the first time he's punched someone on U.S. Soil!

Niagara
03-25-2005, 02:58 PM
He appears to be learning - at least he didn't punch a Judge like he did in Aruba the first time. And this guy was knighted by the Dutch Monarchy, so, it's "Sir Sidney", if you please.

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2005, 03:01 PM
He appears to be learning - at least he didn't punch a Judge like he did in Aruba the first time. And this guy was knighted by the Dutch Monarchy, so, it's "Sir Sidney", if you please.Maybe that's what got Ponson so hacked off at this guy. He didn't address him properly.

http://baltimore.orioles.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_132260.jpg It's SIR Aruban tough guy, to you, scum!

Hokiesox
03-26-2005, 03:32 PM
And yet another feather in the cap for the Baltimore Orioles organization.

First the Nationals, then the Ponson judge-puching crap, then the trade of a prefectly good Jerry Hairston for Sosa, then the Palmeiro and Sosa steriod issue, and now Ponson again.

I've always been of the opinion that living in Maryland must suck. But being a baseball fan in Maryland - utter torture.

Unless you've ever lived here...don't say it sucks. I happen to like living in Maryland.

Fenway
03-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Here is what gets me

The population of Aruba is 68,675

Sidney Ponson was KNIGHTED by the Queen of the Netherlands.

Don't you suppose that Sir Sidney had to know the guy on the beach was a judge?

StillMissOzzie
03-27-2005, 02:52 AM

Perhaps you're too young to remember 1983. I'm not.

SMO
:angry:

samram
03-27-2005, 09:40 AM
I see that Ponson also got moved to the fourth spot in the O's rotation. He is the O's version of Jaime Navarro.