PDA

View Full Version : Trade Baldwin already!

Bmr31
07-26-2001, 12:18 PM
What the heck are we waiting for? While we are at it, release or send down Biddle.

Tragg
07-26-2001, 12:23 PM
Hopefully we're waiting for a good deal.
The rumor with the snakes sounds great (but hard to believe).
The Astros could use he and clayton.

As for Biddle, send him to the pen. It worked wonders on wells and garland.

Bmr31
07-26-2001, 12:25 PM
umm yeah good idea except for one thing. Wells and Garland have talent. Im all for releasing Biddle.

Jerry_Manuel
07-26-2001, 01:14 PM
What the heck are we waiting for?

Williams is waiting for Baldwin to pitch a good game so he can trade his ass out of town. The other GM's around the league know he is throwing "junk pitches" and more often then not they are getting hit.

:sopranos
We want you to swing at any pitch and miss, do you have a problem with that?

doublem23
07-26-2001, 01:19 PM
Well, lets not trade Baldwin just for the sake of trading him. He is on pace to win 10 game this year, meaning he will have won 10 games for six straight years now, so he will likely be a Class (or Type, I forget) A free agent, meaning we have a chance to get 2 picks in the Top 40 or 50 when JB signs with someone esle. (We're guaranteed a sandwich round pick between Round 1 and 2, and if he signs on with a team picking between #16-30 in the 1st round, we get that pick, as well).

If we get something good offered to us for Baldwin, I say take it, but don't just trade him for nothing. If LA is offering us crap, then screw them. Lets hang on to Baldwin for the rest of the season, let him sign elsewhere, and then use those picks.

Iguana775
07-26-2001, 01:39 PM
you got a good point here, doublem. it may almost be better to keep him and get the compensation picks at the end of the year. unless we can get a really good deal, like duloca or that 'zona 1 bagger, i say keep him.

doublem23
07-26-2001, 01:47 PM
Thanks. Someone else brought it up a few weeks ago on the old board, and I can't remember who it was or what it was (or, how to get to the old board, for that matter)...

Anyways, I'm sure KW knows this. We have a lot of leverage with JB because of the fact that we can hold on to him and get something pretty good in return.

But I would take the LoDuca deal in a sec.

Soxheads
07-26-2001, 02:13 PM
Ther is no way in hell that the Dodgers are going to trade LoDuca for just JB. LoDuca had an All-Star type season. The only possible way to get LoDuca would be throw in somebody else (no outfielders as they have Sheffield, Green, Grissom, Aven, Goodwin, and Christensen) or a bucket of prospects. But I still don't see a trade for LoDuca. Their GM would have to be a dumbash (:dumbash) to make a deal with LoDuca. There, I think I've made my point. :)