PDA

View Full Version : Mets-Tigers trade rumour, eh?

Baby Fisk
03-24-2005, 02:50 PM
Hokay, I'm fully prepared to be showered with garbage, depantsed and humiliated for even THINKING about starting a thread like this, but I'll start it right in the ****house to try and curry some leniency from the Mods. Has anyone heard a rumour about a deal between the Tigers and the Mets whereby the Mets get Ugueth Urbina? :?: Such a deal has ramifications for our division, and I've heard this possible deal mentioned on another fan site (that's right, Fisk, keep digging) a couple of times in the past 2 days.

I swear I'm not ChiSoxTony! I'm not predicting this deal! I'm just asking if anyone else has heard this.

I am so dead, aren't I? :unsure:

NSSoxFan
03-24-2005, 02:57 PM
I've heard Urbina's name being mentioned in several rumors. Also, I have heard the rumor to the Mets. We'll see what happens, this guy has been rumored to be on the move since last July.

Tekijawa
03-24-2005, 03:06 PM
I've head it's cash and prospects.... Met's want Tigers to Pay 3 million of his contract and Tigers want 2 million... We'll see.

balke
03-24-2005, 03:14 PM
I thought you could put rumors in the "what's the score" thread. But I've heard a bunch of stuff with Urbina too. He's not really needed where he is, but I'd like to see what that kind of a bullpen does if I'm the Tigers.

Jjav829
03-24-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah, the Mets are Tigers have been linked on Urbina for a while now. I think it was Levine that said the other day the deal was almost done, but the Tigers backed off when they heard Borowski got injured. They're hoping that the Cubs will become desperate and overpay for him.

BTW, I'm moving this as it doesn't belong in the Roadhouse.

Baby Fisk
03-24-2005, 03:40 PM
Yeah, the Mets are Tigers have been linked on Urbina for a while now. I think it was Levine that said the other day the deal was almost done, but the Tigers backed off when they heard Borowski got injured. They're hoping that the Cubs will become desperate and overpay for him.

BTW, I'm moving this as it doesn't belong in the Roadhouse.
Hey thanks for preserving my dignity. :thumbsup: I diminish so much of it on my own...

Ol' No. 2
03-24-2005, 03:59 PM

BTW, I'm moving this as it doesn't belong in the Roadhouse.Moving FROM the Roadhouse?? Is that a first?

Daver
03-24-2005, 04:05 PM
Moving FROM the Roadhouse?? Is that a first?

No.

StillMissOzzie
03-24-2005, 04:08 PM
After the Tigers overspent to bring in Troy Percival, Urbina isn't needed there any more. Go ahead and trade him to the Mets, especially if that keeps him out of sCrUBBIE blue and leaves them with LaToya Hawkins closing again.

SMO
:gulp:

irish rover
03-24-2005, 04:16 PM
there was talk of him going to the coob, but when Borawski(sp) went down, the tiggers want to test the market since it change, basicly trying to get the coob to offer more

SOXPHILE
03-24-2005, 09:36 PM
What I heard, true or not, is that the Tigers were wanting to move him, and the Mets asked them not to yet, as they would be interested. What I'm waiting for, as the gnashing of teeth in Cub Nation grows more intense with each new injury to the pitching staff, is for all the blue & red dopes to be calling sports talk radio, writing the sports editors in the papers, and generally telling everyone who will listen is that, hey, the Cubs should "go get him". That the Cubs should make a move, and trade some minor leaguer and maybe a case of Old Style to the Tigers, and of course, Detroit will gladly oblige them and send Ubina over. Every time word gets out that a skilled, or high profile player may be traded, Cub fans have this tendancy to think that their team has a right to whomever's available, and the other team will gladly just trade them away to the Cubs for peanuts, as if it's their God given right to have whomever they want. Everyone loves the Cubs, and every team will do whatever it takes to help them.

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2005, 09:54 AM
What I heard, true or not, is that the Tigers were wanting to move him, and the Mets asked them not to yet, as they would be interested. What I'm waiting for, as the gnashing of teeth in Cub Nation grows more intense with each new injury to the pitching staff, is for all the blue & red dopes to be calling sports talk radio, writing the sports editors in the papers, and generally telling everyone who will listen is that, hey, the Cubs should "go get him". That the Cubs should make a move, and trade some minor leaguer and maybe a case of Old Style to the Tigers, and of course, Detroit will gladly oblige them and send Ubina over. Every time word gets out that a skilled, or high profile player may be traded, Cub fans have this tendancy to think that their team has a right to whomever's available, and the other team will gladly just trade them away to the Cubs for peanuts, as if it's their God given right to have whomever they want. Everyone loves the Cubs, and every team will do whatever it takes to help them.I'm sure it's been Urbina's lifelong dream to play for the Cubs.

SOXSINCE'70
03-25-2005, 11:43 AM
After the Tigers overspent to bring in Troy Percival, Urbina isn't needed there any more. Go ahead and trade him to the Mets, especially if that keeps him out of sCrUBBIE blue and leaves them with LaToya Hawkins closing again.

SMO
:gulp:

This Sox fan prefers "La Choke" Hawkins.
As in, "if it's late in the game and we've got a 1 run lead,
he'll choke".:D: :D: :D: :D: