PDA

View Full Version : Two Men Shot Near Wrigley Field

Wsoxmike59
03-24-2005, 08:28 AM
From the Chicago Tribune

2 men shot after leaving bar near Wrigley Field

Published March 24, 2005

LAKEVIEW -- Two men were shot early Wednesday after leaving a bar less than two blocks from Wrigley Field, police said.

A 22-year-old Chicago man suffered a wound to his arm, while a 22-year-old Evanston man was hit in the thigh. The shooting occurred about 1:50 a.m. in the 3400 block of North Clark Street, police Sgt. Robert Cargie said. Both were taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston and are expected to recover, he said.

The men were leaving the bar when they got into an argument with the shooter, Cargie said. A fight ensued, and the man pulled out a gun, shot them and fled, he said.

Ol' No. 2
03-24-2005, 09:36 AM
From the Chicago Tribune

Published March 24, 2005

LAKEVIEW -- Two men were shot early Wednesday after leaving a bar less than two blocks from Wrigley Field, police said.

A 22-year-old Chicago man suffered a wound to his arm, while a 22-year-old Evanston man was hit in the thigh. The shooting occurred about 1:50 a.m. in the 3400 block of North Clark Street, police Sgt. Robert Cargie said. Both were taken to St. Francis Hospital in Evanston and are expected to recover, he said.

The men were leaving the bar when they got into an argument with the shooter, Cargie said. A fight ensued, and the man pulled out a gun, shot them and fled, he said.Obviously, you're mistaken. The story clearly says Lakeview, not Wrigleyville. Nothing bad ever happens in Wrigleyville.

eriqjaffe
03-24-2005, 10:01 AM
From the Chicago Tribune

Published March 24, 2005

The men were leaving the bar when they got into an argument with the shooter, Cargie said. A fight ensued, and the man pulled out a gun, shot them and fled, he said.

However, Cub fans need not concern themselves with this, as it is well known that the Cubs play most of their games in the danger-free sunshine at the Friendly Confines of beautiful Wrigley Field, and this crime occurred at night - which is when the White Sox play most of their games.
I'm surprised you didn't quote the entire article!

cheeses_h_rice
03-24-2005, 10:55 AM
A 22-year-old Chicago man suffered a wound to his arm, while a 22-year-old Evanston man was hit in the thigh. The shooting occurred about 1:50 a.m. in the 3400 block of North Clark Street, police Sgt. Robert Cargie said.

3400 block of N. Clark?

'Round these parts we call that area North Lincoln Park. Or East Albany Park.

Typical Smut Sox fan, trying to smear the holiest shrine in all of professional sports.

DrCrawdad
03-24-2005, 11:32 AM
I sent the Cubune article to a Cub fan friend. Here was his response:

It is horrible when anyone gets shot (except a criminal). Are you happy since this is supposed to be bad pub for the Cubs? Guess what, the Cubs, and Cub Fans have nothing to do with this.

If this happened in Bridgeport, it would be the same, no less or more. Same if this happened near the United Center.

I sometimes get the feeling that some Sox fans are thrilled when bad things happen near Wrigley just so they can say "see, look what happen's near Wrigley Field," and my response is*YAWN!!!!*

Had this happened at 37th and Lowe, you wouldn't be sending me this attachment, now would you?* I dont think so...

This was my response:

Of course I'm not happy that this happened. Silly question.

How do you know that (Cub fans had nothing to do with this)? There is no mention of the criminals NOT being Cub fans. They could be Sox fans.

You're completing missing the point on why these continual reports of crime around the Shrine are of interest to Sox fans - BECAUSE CUBBIE FANS ARE ALWAYS YAPPING ABOUT HOW BAD AND DANGEROUS THE NEIGHBORHOOD IS AROUND THE CELL. Do you deny that Cubbie fans say that?

* When former ESPN host HUGE got beat up 2 blocks from The Cell and hours after a Sox/Cubs game was there any proof that Sox fans had anything to do with it? Did Cubbie fans and the media use that incident to smear Sox fans and the neighborhood?

* When the Clark kid got attacked in Armour Park was there any proof that the Sox or Sox fans had anything to do with the attacks? Was the attack used by the media and Cub fans to smear Sox fans and the neighborhood?

I think you know that in both cases the media and Cub fans used the incidents to smear the Sox, Sox fans and the media, in fact Cub fans routinely bring these up to this day.

Another question, which is depicted as the dangerous, crime infested area - Wrigley or The Cell? I think you know that The Cell is routinely depicted as a dangerous neighborhood by the media and Cub fans when in reality Wrigleyville is much more dangerous.

This doesn't mean that I'm afraid of Wrigleyville. When I go there I often park a mile or so west of the park on the street and walk in. I do the same at The Cell and I've never had trouble at either.

If you're honest you'd have to acknowledge that The Cell and the community there are perceived as dangerous and that Sox fans continually hear about that from Cubbie fans. That's why the regular reports of violent crime around The Shrine are of interest to me and other Sox fans.

SOXSINCE'70
03-24-2005, 12:37 PM
Obviously, you're mistaken. The story clearly says Lakeview, not Wrigleyville. Nothing bad ever happens in Wrigleyville.

Yup.You're right.They're angels.:yup: :yup: :roflmao: :roflmao: