PDA

View Full Version : Frank on Dan Patrick TODAY....

mikesouthside
03-23-2005, 12:05 PM
AM1000.....the Big Hurt will be on with Dan Patrick.....FYI

Jaffar
03-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Sounds like he'll be on any minute.

CHISOXFAN13
03-23-2005, 12:36 PM
Next segment ... 12:40 to be exact.

brewcrew/chisox
03-23-2005, 12:38 PM
Frank on Dan Patrick

Neeeeeeeeeeext!

Hey side note. I'm probably out of the loop on this, but what happened to Dibble? Did he and Patrick have a falling out or something?

Jaffar
03-23-2005, 12:44 PM
They never addressed what happened to Rex. I had heard they hired a new baseball analyst or whatever he was so in turn he lost his contract with ESPN entirely or something.

wdelaney72
03-23-2005, 12:45 PM
Frank on Dan Patrick

Neeeeeeeeeeext!

Hey side note. I'm probably out of the loop on this, but what happened to Dibble? Did he and Patrick have a falling out or something?

Something like that. Dibble was basically forced out.

You may also like to know that VHS tapes are being replaced by this thing called DVD's. The pictures a lot better and everythin g!

:D:

brewcrew/chisox
03-23-2005, 12:53 PM
:D:

Good one.

Yeah, I'm behind the times

CHISOXFAN13
03-23-2005, 12:53 PM
Positive comments from DP about Frank. Basically said he would be a lock for the Hall with that third MVP.

ChicagoHoosier
03-23-2005, 12:54 PM
Hey, Frank just said people will pick the Twins to win the AL Central, but he thinks the Sox will win. Good pick Frank!

Also said very definitely that if asked whether steroids are cheating, he said YES they are. I like his confidence on this whole issue.

Jaffar
03-23-2005, 12:59 PM
I really wish he was on longer and DP could have asked a few more questions just based on his straight forward, confident, "I have nothing to hide so I'll tell the truth" answer to steriods being ILLEGAL and YES they are cheating. It really makes me wish he would have been on that panel or at least been able to answer questions without technical problems. I like how he doesn't ask for the award back either (would make him look like a cry baby, cubune would love it) but said he hopes everyone recognizes that he was in the running for that and it was probably the best season of his career. It sounded like he was hinting at I wasn't on the juice, you know it, vote accordingly.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-23-2005, 01:00 PM
Positive comments from DP about Frank. Basically said he would be a lock for the Hall with that third MVP.

Dan Patrick is 100 percent right. The admitted juicer, Jason Giambi, was breaking the law. His production was nearly identical to Frank Thomas's in 2000. And he beat Frank for the 2000 MVP by five measly first-place votes.

Does anybody doubt those five votes flip to Frank if the voters had voted knowing what they know now? Giambi has confessed. It's not even open to debate!

This is what pisses me off the most about the union's position. By protecting juicers, they're telling EVERY BALLPLAYER in the sport that they, too, must juice or suffer the consequences. It cost Frank Thomas a third MVP, and the MLBPA (and the owners) are desperately trying to sweep it under the rug!
:mad:

Foulke You
03-23-2005, 01:21 PM
I sincerely doubt that he would but I wonder if Dan Patrick apologized to Frank for openly campaigning for Jason Giambi to win the MVP in 2000. The entire Patrick and Dibble show used to be on in the afternoons on ESPN 1000 and I remember that Giambi was their golden boy. They would have him on as a guest weekly and Patrick used his show as a hype machine for Giambi and that he deserved the MVP. They were so tight, Giambi even wrote a message on his knuckles to Patrick that he flashed at the All Star Game if I remember right. Patrick's show was syndicated around the country, you can't help but wonder if it could have swayed a few of the votes that cost Frank the MVP in 2000.

jackbrohamer
03-23-2005, 01:25 PM
I remember Giambi being on Patrick's show before the 2000 MVP was announced, shamelessly lobbying for himself to get it. And being a jerk, "people keep telling me that it's important to give the MVP to someone who plays defense rather than someone who's ONLY a DH". Yah, playing lousy defense at 1B makes a guy more valuable than a DH.

TaylorStSox
03-23-2005, 01:33 PM
Dan Patrick is 100 percent right. The admitted juicer, Jason Giambi, was breaking the law. His production was nearly identical to Frank Thomas's in 2000. And he beat Frank for the 2000 MVP by five measly first-place votes.

Does anybody doubt those five votes flip to Frank if the voters had voted knowing what they know now? Giambi has confessed. It's not even open to debate!

This is what pisses me off the most about the union's position. By protecting juicers, they're telling EVERY BALLPLAYER in the sport that they, too, must juice or suffer the consequences. It cost Frank Thomas a third MVP, and the MLBPA (and the owners) are desperately trying to sweep it under the rug!

Fortunately, I think the voters will take that into account. Due to the scandal, Frank's now a lock IMO. Although, we all knew he was anyway. I think the same can be said for guys like Piazza and possibly Thome and Helton.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-24-2005, 11:25 AM

I too agree that Thomas more than deserved and still deserves that 3rd MVP. Heck, w/o Giambi admitting to juicing I still think Thomas should have won it.

Having said that, Bruce LeVineLine said that if Thomas had won that 3rd MVP, the whole "diminished skills clause" would have never kicked in and Thomas would've been making a ton of dough. Giambi cost Thomas more than just a MVP.

mike squires
03-27-2005, 09:06 PM
HE'll be a lock for sure when he wins his 4th this year!!!