PDA

View Full Version : Scout Seat Sales??

SoxFan78
03-23-2005, 11:00 AM
Has anybody heard how the Scout Seat sales are going? Or does anybody even know anybody that has any of these seats?? I tried looking on ebay to see if there are any up for auction, and there are ZERO listings!

I even looked on stubhub.com, and still no listings for any Scout Seats. It doesn't look like any scalpers got hold of these seats, so I wonder who's got them.

I just don't want April 4th to come around, and right behind home plate there are empty seats...

jabrch
03-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Has anybody heard how the Scout Seat sales are going? Or does anybody even know anybody that has any of these seats?? I tried looking on ebay to see if there are any up for auction, and there are ZERO listings!

I even looked on stubhub.com, and still no listings for any Scout Seats. It doesn't look like any scalpers got hold of these seats, so I wonder who's got them.

I just don't want April 4th to come around, and right behind home plate there are empty seats...

E-mail Brooks!

I have not seen anything yet. I thought I heard that they were only being sold as Season Tickets - but I don't know.

BRDSR
03-23-2005, 12:10 PM
E-mail Brooks!

I have not seen anything yet. I thought I heard that they were only being sold as Season Tickets - but I don't know.

That is true, but it still seems like there would be some wisperings of them on EBay and or StubHub. In any case, I doubt we'll see empty seats behind home plate for Opening Day. If they're not sold, White Sox brass will lower the price and start selling them at the door on game-day. No way they'll put an empty backstop on camera on Opening Day.

Tekijawa
03-23-2005, 12:11 PM

I'm pretty sure the Tribune Company bought all of them for that exact reason! I would look for empty seats there the whole year. Jerry will be happy because they are sold and the Trib and Moronotti will have endless articles about why they are never filled.

jabrch
03-23-2005, 12:31 PM
That is true, but it still seems like there would be some wisperings of them on EBay and or StubHub. In any case, I doubt we'll see empty seats behind home plate for Opening Day. If they're not sold, White Sox brass will lower the price and start selling them at the door on game-day. No way they'll put an empty backstop on camera on Opening Day.

I agree. I am sure they will find something to do with them. I thought they sold a good number of them as season tickets. In any case, I doubt they will go unused.

I don't think we will see many of them on StubHub/Ebay. The buyers of these season tickets almost have to be wealthy/corporate and not scalpers. There will be no market to sell the majority of the games at the price that they are paying (anyone want to pay $250 to see us play the Devil Rays?). And if you can afford $250+ per seat, you probably actually want to go to the big games - where there'd be a market to sell them at higher prices.

CubKilla
03-23-2005, 01:34 PM
If they're not sold, White Sox brass will lower the price and start selling them at the door on game-day.

Are you serious? They may sell what they have left (if any) but there is no way JR is going to be lowering the price of ANY ticket on Opening Day.

JKryl
03-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Are you serious? They may sell what they have left (if any) but there is no way JR is going to be lowering the price of ANY ticket on Opening Day.

I agree. Besides, who is going to show up without a ticket on opening day, with an eye toward dumping a couple of hundred on an a seat in the off chance that they become available. I think no one has heard anything about them because they probably haven't sold all that many. At a season ticket rate, they're $170 each/per game.

BRDSR
03-23-2005, 01:53 PM
I agree. Besides, who is going to show up without a ticket on opening day, with an eye toward dumping a couple of hundred on an a seat in the off chance that they become available.

Word to the wise. Always always always check the ticket window on sellouts. I've been to 5 of the past 6 Cubs/Sox games and twice I've bought tickets at the ticket window. Then I turned around and sold them for a profit. Some number of tickets are always released on game day. I can promise you that this will be the case for Opening Day. It might be 50, it might be 500, but always check.

johnny bench
03-23-2005, 01:55 PM
Why wouldn't these seats sell? What makes you think that an owner who so carefully watches his player contracts would take a complete flyer on ripping out several hundred of his best seats, hoping on hope that somebody anybody would buy those seats? The Sox knew ahead of time about how many seats would sell and I guarantee that over the course of the next several years it will prove to have been a very wise investment. Discounts on these seats? No way.

jabrch
03-23-2005, 02:25 PM
Why wouldn't these seats sell? What makes you think that an owner who so carefully watches his player contracts would take a complete flyer on ripping out several hundred of his best seats, hoping on hope that somebody anybody would buy those seats? The Sox knew ahead of time about how many seats would sell and I guarantee that over the course of the next several years it will prove to have been a very wise investment. Discounts on these seats? No way.

I'd agree with you. These will sell 90+% out. If the Sox decide to hold back a small % of them to give to VIPs, that's their choice. But I doubt you will see them go unused most of the time.

Tekijawa
03-23-2005, 02:28 PM
I plan on winning the lottery and buying 4 season tickets for these seats some day.

BRDSR
03-23-2005, 02:38 PM
I plan on winning the lottery and buying 4 season tickets for these seats some day.

Good plan!:wink:

JKryl
03-24-2005, 01:28 PM

Good luck! And at only $13,700 per seat (that's $54,800 per year), you may even have something left over!

skottyj242
03-24-2005, 01:37 PM
My dad's company had eight seats behind the visitor's on-deck circle...they dumped four of them and bought two of the new seats. I told him if they ever offer them to him I will drop whatever I'm doing and go for sure. And believe me I will be able to eat/drink (mostly drink) my 200 bucks worth.

jabrch
03-24-2005, 03:02 PM
My dad's company had eight seats behind the visitor's on-deck circle...they dumped four of them and bought two of the new seats. I told him if they ever offer them to him I will drop whatever I'm doing and go for sure. And believe me I will be able to eat/drink (mostly drink) my 200 bucks worth.

So when are we going? :D: