PDA

View Full Version : What I have realized about this message board!!

chez742002
03-23-2005, 12:29 AM
There seems to be many people on this board who criticize others personally, for no reason or because they do not like what that person has to say. I think that is wrong. I am a 30 yr Sox fan, and the Sox are my favorite team period, even more than the Bears. It pains me to see them lose and it pains me more to see how the media acts if the Flubbys are great and my team isn't worthwhile to discuss. When they win it all, I might need some medical help!
I come here to vent my frustrations with my fellow Sox fans and learn about what is going on inside the organization from people who know about baseball and people who love the South Side Organization as much as me. I love how people hate the Cubs and hate their fans here and that we can make fun of how uninformed they are about the game, their team and their players. All Sox fans know so called Flubs fans are not baseball fans or even fans at all, they are: 1. fans of being in the it crowd (socialites), 2. people who like to spend a lot of money on beer while having no room to drink it, 3. fans of smelling piss for 3 hours and fans of being at the "WORLDS LARGEST BEER PIT", it is not a "garden" by any means and calling it that is an insult to all gardens everywhere.
This is my favorite website, it is because I do not see many stupid comments, trade ideas or arguments that make me lose my head, Thank God! there are very few. How many times do you see a poster on this message board make up a comment or trade idea like,"We should trade Fred Manrique, Ricky Horton and a couple of prospects for Barry Bonds and Jason Schmidt?" Not many!! That is why it is a joy to be a member of the best Message Board and Website in the World. It makes up for all the times I had to listen to comments like that trade idea above, when I was at work or listening to the radio. I could not take it anymore and I have finally found somewhere to vent and talk about my beloved White Sox.
I think some people need to learn to read the posts and argue with the person if they are ripping on the Sox, or praising the local sports media (Cubune) or the Flubs. Do not put someone down for writing something that you think is nonsense, but someone else might find funny or interesting. And Do not personally attack anyone, that is even worse. Attack! if a person is being a jerk or if they are a Flubs fan, but not because you do not like their name or that they think Joe Crede is a good third baseman and you don't. If you have a problem with what someone wrote, "attack it with facts and truths" and then let the person reply. If they act like a jerk, then LET THEM HAVE IT! But most of the time a person will be happy to hear your criticism and beliefs and it might change their mind, but attacking them personally is how FLUBS FANS DO IT! They do not have the truth or the facts, so they use the old" We draw more than you! and Our park is the best in the world (even though it sucks)or You can get shot by a sniper when you are at US Cellular!"
That is not how Sox fans are, WE KNOW OUR BASEBALL AND WE CAN DEFEND OUR ARGUMENTS WITH FACTS AND TRUTHS, not insults (unless they are Flubby fans).Remember , most of us here, are Sox fans and we want them to stay that way!! God knows we need them, because there supposedly are not many of us??
I bet, most of us agree on almost everything regarding the White Sox. So why let a disagreement ruin a persons opinion of this great website. The more the merrier and if you have more people talking about the Sox, you might be able to find out things you might not know about, maybe like some new star in the Minor Leagues or of that nature. So good luck and have fun on this message board because I do and so do many others. It is the best site for truthful and real baseball information that I care about (the Sox) and everyone here is a straight shooter with good baseball knowledge so read what people say, agree or disagree, post a response whether negative or positive, but do not insult anyone personally because some people enjoy writing about the White Sox because it gives us an outlet where we all hang out. There are not an awful lot of places in this city where we can rip on the Cubs mercilessly, truthfully & honestly and not have to listen to someone filled with stupidity argue for that crappy organization (Flubs) and make no sense when doing so. I love this site and love reading what Sox fans think because it is a hell of a lot more intelligent, informing and interesting than reading or listening to a post or discussion when Flubs fans are involved. On top of that is that this site is stress free most of the time...
Good Luck and Go Sox!!:dtroll: :gulp:

StillMissOzzie
03-23-2005, 12:36 AM
Aren't you a little young to know about Fred Manrique and Ricky Horton?

SMO
:gulp:

Unregistered
03-23-2005, 01:09 AM
Not sure where this novel belongs, but I'm sure it's not the Clubhouse... :cool:

SoxFan76
03-23-2005, 02:07 AM
For the love of God, use the enter key.

gf2020
03-23-2005, 05:13 AM
Mods, please sticky this!

Fredsox
03-23-2005, 06:28 AM
If I want to get lectured I'll ask my wife how I can be a more sensitive man. In the mean time, getting your thoughts down to 3-5 sentences might make your posts more readable.

itsnotrequired
03-23-2005, 06:47 AM
This guy reminds me of "Horesmaster Fred".

jordan23ventura
03-23-2005, 07:46 AM
Here it goes again...

Baby Fisk
03-23-2005, 09:15 AM
On top of that is that this site is stress free most of the time...

You get stressed at a site like this? :?:
For a start, don't get too worked up over the brawls. Take them less seriously and you'll live longer. Relax and have fun here. Ultimately, we all want the same thing for the Sox, just have different opinions on it. M'kay?

Uncle_Patrick
03-23-2005, 09:27 AM

That picture that Horsemaster Fred made and posted was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Iwritecode
03-23-2005, 09:38 AM
For the love of God, use the enter key.

I've noticed that most of his posts are like that.

I'll at least give him credit for using the shift key unlike that one poster (his name escapes me) who would type giant blocks of text with no capital letters at all...

SoxFan78
03-23-2005, 09:51 AM
If I want to get lectured I'll ask my wife how I can be a more sensitive man. In the mean time, getting your thoughts down to 3-5 sentences might make your posts more readable.

Here's a concept, if you don't like it, don't read it.

baseball_fanatic
03-23-2005, 10:27 AM
When beginning a new paragraph, indent.

Irishsox1
03-23-2005, 10:33 AM
I disagree with his overall negativity of the board. Yes, there is dumb trade talk, but if someone posts a trade idea like Josh Fogg and Kip Wells for Todd Richie, they whould be fairly critized for such a dumb trade...wait....that trade was actually made by the Sox. So, I guess there is no such thing as dumb trade talk. I personally don't like talking about proposed trades, so I stay out of them.

The best part about this entire board is that there is something for everyone. There is cubs bashing, mlb praising, where to get good pizza in San Diego and what's the best Tivo to buy. Try not to get bogged down by some cyberbully...ignore them.

SaltyPretzel
03-23-2005, 10:34 AM
There seems to be many people on this board who criticize others personally, for no reason or because they do not like what that person has to say.

Shut up, stupid jerk!!! :smile:

Ol' No. 2
03-23-2005, 10:54 AM
There seems to be many people on this board who criticize others personally, for no reason or because they do not like what that person has to say. I think that is wrong. I am a 30 yr Sox fan, and the Sox are my favorite team period, even more than the Bears. It pains me to see them lose and it pains me more to see how the media acts if the Flubbys are great and my team isn't worthwhile to discuss. When they win it all, I might need some medical help!
I come here to vent my frustrations with my fellow Sox fans and learn about what is going on inside the organization from people who know about baseball and people who love the South Side Organization as much as me. I love how people hate the Cubs and hate their fans here and that we can make fun of how uninformed they are about the game, their team and their players. All Sox fans know so called Flubs fans are not baseball fans or even fans at all, they are: 1. fans of being in the it crowd (socialites), 2. people who like to spend a lot of money on beer while having no room to drink it, 3. fans of smelling piss for 3 hours and fans of being at the "WORLDS LARGEST BEER PIT", it is not a "garden" by any means and calling it that is an insult to all gardens everywhere.
This is my favorite website, it is because I do not see many stupid comments, trade ideas or arguments that make me lose my head, Thank God! there are very few. How many times do you see a poster on this message board make up a comment or trade idea like,"We should trade Fred Manrique, Ricky Horton and a couple of prospects for Barry Bonds and Jason Schmidt?" Not many!! That is why it is a joy to be a member of the best Message Board and Website in the World. It makes up for all the times I had to listen to comments like that trade idea above, when I was at work or listening to the radio. I could not take it anymore and I have finally found somewhere to vent and talk about my beloved White Sox.
I think some people need to learn to read the posts and argue with the person if they are ripping on the Sox, or praising the local sports media (Cubune) or the Flubs. Do not put someone down for writing something that you think is nonsense, but someone else might find funny or interesting. And Do not personally attack anyone, that is even worse. Attack! if a person is being a jerk or if they are a Flubs fan, but not because you do not like their name or that they think Joe Crede is a good third baseman and you don't. If you have a problem with what someone wrote, "attack it with facts and truths" and then let the person reply. If they act like a jerk, then LET THEM HAVE IT! But most of the time a person will be happy to hear your criticism and beliefs and it might change their mind, but attacking them personally is how FLUBS FANS DO IT! They do not have the truth or the facts, so they use the old" We draw more than you! and Our park is the best in the world (even though it sucks)or You can get shot by a sniper when you are at US Cellular!"
That is not how Sox fans are, WE KNOW OUR BASEBALL AND WE CAN DEFEND OUR ARGUMENTS WITH FACTS AND TRUTHS, not insults (unless they are Flubby fans).Remember , most of us here, are Sox fans and we want them to stay that way!! God knows we need them, because there supposedly are not many of us??
I bet, most of us agree on almost everything regarding the White Sox. So why let a disagreement ruin a persons opinion of this great website. The more the merrier and if you have more people talking about the Sox, you might be able to find out things you might not know about, maybe like some new star in the Minor Leagues or of that nature. So good luck and have fun on this message board because I do and so do many others. It is the best site for truthful and real baseball information that I care about (the Sox) and everyone here is a straight shooter with good baseball knowledge so read what people say, agree or disagree, post a response whether negative or positive, but do not insult anyone personally because some people enjoy writing about the White Sox because it gives us an outlet where we all hang out. There are not an awful lot of places in this city where we can rip on the Cubs mercilessly, truthfully & honestly and not have to listen to someone filled with stupidity argue for that crappy organization (Flubs) and make no sense when doing so. I love this site and love reading what Sox fans think because it is a hell of a lot more intelligent, informing and interesting than reading or listening to a post or discussion when Flubs fans are involved. On top of that is that this site is stress free most of the time...
Good Luck and Go Sox!!:dtroll: :gulp:Is there a Cliff's notes version of this available?:o:

Iwritecode
03-23-2005, 11:13 AM
Is there a Cliff's notes version of this available?:o:

Attack the person's ideas, not the person.

Cub fans are idiots.

WSI is a great place.

Sox rule.

:)

itsnotrequired
03-23-2005, 12:14 PM
That picture that Horsemaster Fred made and posted was one of the funniest things I have ever seen.

Seriously, that picture ruled. Too bad the thread it was posted in has been deleted. Any way the Mods can bring that picture back?

EDIT: Hold up, I found it.

http://www.emceehighlife.com/images/Horsemaster.jpg

Soxzilla
03-23-2005, 12:37 PM
Ultimately, we all want the same thing for the Sox, just have different opinions on it. M'kay?

Everyone except HomeFish.

...No wait...I was wrong.

...That shouldn't be in teal!:o:

jackbrohamer
03-23-2005, 12:40 PM
Damn that's funny. That whole "Horsemaster Fred" experience was so over-the-top bizarre it still makes me laugh.

itsnotrequired
03-23-2005, 01:21 PM
Damn that's funny. That whole "Horsemaster Fred" experience was so over-the-top bizarre it still makes me laugh.

Remember his post about the Bulls?

Originally Posted by Horsemaster Fred
Those whom dare to challenge the bulls should be horsewhipped in the opinion of this humble horsemaster. An affront to national dignity should be served in kind with a physical retaliation of the ultimate caliber. Could it be, though action is appealing to rather than none, complete factoids should be believed to write the book of love with intents nevermore malicious and delicious. And blessed be the children, who dream of love and whispers that sail upon the wind with every mention of the chicago bulls, until life do us bring together in the realm of phantasy. Creation is for the young and experienced, however, beggars be we all, and until that is grasped by any living human, peace shall remain elusive. in short GO BULLS!!

:angry:
yours in anger,
Horsemaster Freind

Too bad he only lasted about 12 hours...

Baby Fisk
03-23-2005, 01:24 PM

When was this person around? Anyone care to give a recap? :?:

itsnotrequired
03-23-2005, 01:31 PM
When was this person around? Anyone care to give a recap? :?:

He joined some Saturday afternoon a few weeks back. Posted a storm of nonsense. I woke up Sunday morning and all posts he made had been deleted. I imagine he has been banned. Anyway, his posts were way over the top (see above) but made me laugh. He also made that totally awesome "this thread rules" photo. Luckily, I had saved it to my hard drive before he got the boot.:D:

Unregistered
03-23-2005, 01:48 PM
I woke up Sunday morning and all posts he made had been deleted. I imagine he has been banned. His posts weren't deleted - I'm pretty sure every single one of them were given their own seperate thread in the Roadhouse.

cheeses_h_rice
03-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Mods, please sticky this!

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:)

Uncle_Patrick
03-24-2005, 10:39 AM
His posts weren't deleted - I'm pretty sure every single one of them were given their own seperate thread in the Roadhouse.

Yeah, Horsemaster Fred received his own Roadhouse thread pretty quickly. Man, that picture kills me.

I want Mags back
03-24-2005, 05:09 PM
Good Luck and Go Sox!!:dtroll: :gulp:

I pretty sure most of us bigger Sox fans than Bears fans
Thats not much of a surprize

steff
03-25-2005, 01:31 PM
Here's a concept, if you don't like it, don't read it.

If you don't like it.. don't comment on it. Touche..

The Racehorse
03-25-2005, 01:54 PM
If you don't like it.. don't comment on it. Touche..

If someone doesn't like it and doesn't comment on it, does it mean they don't care?

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2005, 02:09 PM
If someone doesn't like it and doesn't comment on it, does it mean they don't care?If I comment on it in a forest and no one replies, does that mean my comment doesn't exist?:cool:

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-25-2005, 02:44 PM
bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla blabla bla bla bla bla:gulp:

my eyes hurt

WhiteSoxFan84
03-25-2005, 02:47 PM

Fred would literally read every thread and leave a reply to almost every one. It was so funny, I was up around 3AM one morning and he was on. I clicked on The Parking Lot and all I see is .....
"Last Post (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5&daysprune=-1&order=desc&sort=lastpost) http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/buttons/sortasc.gif (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=5&daysprune=-1&order=asc&sort=lastpost&pp=35&page=1)
Horsemaster Fred"

voodoochile
03-25-2005, 04:13 PM
If I comment on it in a forest and no one replies, does that mean my comment doesn't exist?:cool:

If a tree falls on your head as your finger descends to hit the submit button, crushing you and your wireless laptop in one final fit of tree angst in protest over the depletion of the world's forests for paper that is no longer necessary because of electronic media enabling the permanent preservation and disemination of all thoughts to everyone on the globe instantatneously, would anyone hear the tree if it happened to cave in the hearing cortex of your brain first on it's way to treating you like an eastbound bug as said tree acts like a windshield on a westbound Hummer doing 85 on a country highway headed toward the forest to pick you up?

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2005, 04:20 PM
If a tree falls on your head as your finger descends to hit the submit button, crushing you and your wireless laptop in one final fit of tree angst in protest over the depletion of the world's forests for paper that is no longer necessary because of electronic media enabling the permanent preservation and disemination of all thoughts to everyone on the globe instantatneously, would anyone hear the tree if it happened to cave in the hearing cortex of your brain first on it's way to treating you like an eastbound bug as said tree acts like a windshield on a westbound Hummer doing 85 on a country highway headed toward the forest to pick you up?That depends. What color is the Hummer?

SOX ADDICT '73
03-25-2005, 04:23 PM
That depends. What color is the Hummer?
If it's orange, I think I know who it belongs to...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2622&stc=1

Iwritecode
03-25-2005, 04:32 PM
Where's that "die thread die" picture?

Ol' No. 2
03-25-2005, 04:35 PM
If it's orange, I think I know who it belongs to...

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2622&stc=1People walking by my office are beginning to wonder why I burst into laughter for no apparent reason. :roflmao:

Daver
03-25-2005, 04:35 PM
Where's that "die thread die" picture?

I don't need a damn picture.

:redneck