PDA

View Full Version : Opening Day, will there be a WSI tailgate?

DumpJerry
03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
Will there be a WSI tailgate on Opening Day? I'd love to stop by, get some faces to go with names and bring some cold ones to share.:D:

I also have some baseballs from last year that need to be blown up/eaten/exorcised.......

soxfan43
03-22-2005, 05:56 PM
I'm down. I've never been to Opening Day before, so now that I'm back in Chicago after college I'm ready to make this an annual tradition

DaveIsHere
03-22-2005, 06:10 PM
I'm down. I've never been to Opening Day before, so now that I'm back in Chicago after college I'm ready to make this an annual tradition

I will be happy to host one of them, the only thing that sux is i have prepaid parking so I dont think I can get in the lot by gate 2:(:

Just look for me and the wife tailgating out of a silver Dodge Magnum

DumpJerry
03-22-2005, 06:14 PM
I don't have a parking pass. A have a street parking permit from a resident, otherwise, I'd host one.

Palehose13
03-23-2005, 09:30 AM
I'll be there. I beleive I will be talking to Steff and Hangar about getting by their cars. I'll have the Red Jeep Wrangler with the awesome Brats on the grill. :D:

Ol' No. 2
03-23-2005, 09:45 AM
I will be happy to host one of them, the only thing that sux is i have prepaid parking so I dont think I can get in the lot by gate 2:(:

Just look for me and the wife tailgating out of a silver Dodge MagnumI have pre-paid parking, too. I'm not going to lug grills and chairs and stuff down to gate 2 and back (been there, done that, not gonna do it again). But if there are enough grills available, I'll bring some chow and drinks in disposable containers.

SoxFan78
03-23-2005, 10:04 AM
I will be there with my buddies and girlfriend bright and early grillin' and drinkin'. Hopefully my bean bag boxes will be done by then.

DumpJerry
03-23-2005, 10:14 PM
Sounds like we looking forward to the Great Day. I'll wander around looking for people. I'll be the guy with the (unopened) beers.......:D:

flo-B-flo
03-24-2005, 06:52 PM
Wish I was going. You folks are f*****'cool!:D:

zach074
03-24-2005, 09:43 PM
You folks are f*****'cool!:D:

Well I don't want to brag but yea I am pretty cool.:cool:

John Barrett
03-25-2005, 07:30 AM
I'll be up and down the parking lots ... wear some identifieir so I can easily spot you guys... looking forward to the season... Go Sox!

DumpJerry
03-25-2005, 08:15 AM
I'll be up and down the parking lots ... wear some identifieir so I can easily spot you guys... looking forward to the season... Go Sox!
I'll have a Sox hat on. Have not yet decided if it will be my current black and white version or the early 70's red one. I'll also have my Sox jersey on, but under my winter jacket. Will that work? :rolleyes:
Seriouly, however, I would just ask people who look like die-hard fans if they are from WSI. If they say no, tell them about it!:smile:

OzzieBall
03-25-2005, 09:39 AM
Since I will be riding down on the Red line, it would be super helpful to know where to look for the WSI party. I will be wearing my brand-new Burly-man jersey as well as a white sox hat. I'll probably have my two die hard white sox fans with me as well.

Can't it be Opening day next monday? :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

So, that I can do this :gulp: with some fellow WSI Sox fans?

Go Sox.

DumpJerry
03-25-2005, 10:16 AM
Since I will be riding down on the Red line, it would be super helpful to know where to look for the WSI party. I will be wearing my brand-new Burly-man jersey as well as a white sox hat. I'll probably have my two die hard white sox fans with me as well.

Can't it be Opening day next monday? :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

So, that I can do this :gulp: with some fellow WSI Sox fans?

Go Sox.
I'm thinking if any hardcore WSIers are in the lots, they could hang a WSI tee shirt or some kind of WSI banner from their vehicle. Of course, this being Comiskey, there a ton of lots spread out all over where people could be. Post (and pre) game there is always Jimbos!

GiveMeSox
03-25-2005, 12:58 PM
I'll be there. I beleive I will be talking to Steff and Hangar about getting by their cars. I'll have the Red Jeep Wrangler with the awesome Brats on the grill. :D:

I am goin to be there with CPditka. Its goin to be both our first opening day games. We would love to participte in a tailgate and meet all the friends from WSI. We will be drving up from Purdue and would be happy to bbring some beer or chips or something.

CPditka
03-26-2005, 03:38 AM
Opening Day....YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

jake27
03-26-2005, 09:11 AM
I'll have a Sox hat on. Have not yet decided if it will be my current black and white version or the early 70's red one. I'll also have my Sox jersey on, but under my winter jacket. Will that work? :rolleyes:
Seriouly, however, I would just ask people who look like die-hard fans if they are from WSI. If they say no, tell them about it!:smile:

o man a white sox hat on and a jersey under your jacket? ill know exactly who you are :tongue:

DumpJerry
03-26-2005, 10:54 AM
o man a white sox hat on and a jersey under your jacket? ill know exactly who you are :tongue:
.............hence my use of teal.:smile:
Of course, there is always the Bullpen Bar after Mark's perfect game.

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-26-2005, 03:48 PM
"w00t":)

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 05:03 PM
Someone just posted a new thread on this topic, this posting should bring it to his/her attention.:smile:

Jaffar
03-29-2005, 05:08 PM
my fault on the new thread. What time do they open the gates for parking?

Ol' No. 2
03-29-2005, 05:10 PM
my fault on the new thread. What time do they open the gates for parking?Normally, parking lots open 2 hr before game time, but when they expect a big crowd they usually open them sooner.

DumpJerry
03-29-2005, 05:21 PM
my fault on the new thread. What time do they open the gates for parking?
No problem, you're soooo excited about April 4th and the upcoming season, you did not notice it.:smile:

DaveIsHere
03-29-2005, 06:05 PM
What about the pre-paid lots?? Can you use that pre-paid stub for the lot by gate 2, I Love that lot, premo tailgate action. Correct me if I am wrong but you can tailgate in the prepaid lots right?

bobelou72
03-31-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm All ready for opening day I just got my Hell ya I'm a Sox Shirt So I'll be wearing it proudly under my Fisk road Jersey if you see me buy me a beer:gulp:

zach074
03-31-2005, 10:13 PM
if you see me buy me a beer:gulp:

I'm sorry, I can't legally do that.

Ol' No. 2
04-01-2005, 09:46 AM
Info (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20050331&content_id=982674&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws) for opening day on the Sox website.

Parking lots open 2 1/2 hr before the game and gates open 2 hr before the game.

Palehose13
04-01-2005, 09:49 AM
For those who met my dad before, it's official...he's my opening day date and he is looking forward to seeing all of you again!

LVSoxFan
04-01-2005, 10:32 AM
Can we get somebody to be a little more specific than "I'll be the guy wearing the Sox hat," LOL?

I'd like to meet some of the people here too!

Palehose13
04-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Can we get somebody to be a little more specific than "I'll be the guy wearing the Sox hat," LOL?

I'd like to meet some of the people here too!

Red Jeep Wrangler, Black hard top. I will probably be wearing my Pinstripe vest, black sleeves Guillen Jersey. My pic is in the member photo gallery.

***edit: Oh yeah...Female, 5'2", short brown hair with blonde highlights, 30 years old but have been told that I look to be in my early 20's.