PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on our GM

beausox
07-26-2001, 12:11 PM
Okay we all know Schuler made some great trades (karchner for Garland) but how has Ken Williams been doing?

Clayton for Myette (and some other guy). Bad deal, clayton sucks, myette is only 24 and a good pitching prospect.

Antonio Osuna for Gary Majewski. Wash- Majewski is not a great porpsect, just a good one, and Osuna has two yeras on his contract left to help us.

Gary Glover for Scott Eyre. Anytime to turn Eyre into something useful its a good trade.

David Wells for Mike Sirotka and Brian Simmons. Right now its a was (Wells didn't do that much for us, Sirotka nothing for them). If Sirotka ever comes back this could bight KW right in the A@*.

Julio Ramirez for Mark Roberts. Another wash, neither is doing much. Robets projects as a decent reliever, Romairez as a 4th OFer. However Ramirez does have all the tools to become a star, he has to learn the strikezone. Froma fan's point of view, I like this deal.

Wade Parrish for McKay Christenson. Another deal I like, McKay is doing something for the Dodgers right now but Parrish is a decent reliever prospect.

Alan Embree for a PTBNL. What can I say, he got desperate. On a side note, Embree is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet.

One other thing I would like to mention. This offseason KW picked up an OFer off waivers named Darron Ingram. Ingram is 24 in AA. e is enjoying a good year after having a disappointing season last year. It wasn't too long ago that he was a highly touted propsect with the Reds. Personally, I think it was a steal.

So overall KW has not done as good of a job as Schu, but look at the bright side we could've had Cam Bonifay or Gord Ash as our GM!

Jjav829
07-26-2001, 12:15 PM
The Osuna and Glover deals were good, but of course the Wells one was bad. Also Jeff Abbott was traded for Ramirez.

Tragg
07-26-2001, 12:39 PM
I can't criticize the wells deal. I can't praise many of his deals either.

On the other hand, you are comparing late ron scheuler to early kenny williams. Ron Scheuler made some sad deals early in his tenure.

doublem23
07-26-2001, 01:00 PM
As of right now, KW's first draft pick has been looking good, even if it is in the low reaches of the minor leagues.