PDA

View Full Version : Miller Park Tailgate Planning Thread

Palehose13
03-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Hello all!

We are getting close to the day when moany of you will venture north to see our White Sox in my tiny city. I plan on hosting a tailgate on Saturday. However, who is going on Friday and what would you like to do? I have tickets for both games and am willing to tailgate both days or do something different on Friday before and/or after the game.

With this thread I am looking for plans other than the actual game, so please don't post with just your seat locations. I am willing to be activity coordinator for this adventure, so what do you want to do? Bars? Tailgate? Strip clubs (Not sure if that should be teal or pink :D: )?

For the Saturday Tailgate, I will bring my special Brats. I ask that you BYOB and anything else you may want to eat (or we can coordinate a pot luck thing). I would be happy to give you all food and drink, but my budget doesn't allow it. :(:

So...thoughts?

DaveIsHere
03-22-2005, 10:42 AM
I will be there on Saturday, along with DavesWifeIsHere, will bring some beer and try and get some wings marinated. Will you need another grill or are you happy to grill this stuff up?

mcfish
03-22-2005, 10:58 AM
I'm up there Saturday with MUsoxfan and some others. I wish I could come up Friday as well, but time does not allow.

As for tailgating, we'll be there and we can bring whatever you want - if Palehose13 is organizing, send me a PM with something you need - chips, cookies, soda/ice/cups, more brats, etc.

Any Milwaukee Momentum games that weekend? When will you be playing?

Palehose13
03-22-2005, 11:16 AM
I'm up there Saturday with MUsoxfan and some others. I wish I could come up Friday as well, but time does not allow.

As for tailgating, we'll be there and we can bring whatever you want - if Palehose13 is organizing, send me a PM with something you need - chips, cookies, soda/ice/cups, more brats, etc.

Any Milwaukee Momentum games that weekend? When will you be playing?

Ok...let's see how many people are coming and then we can do the "who brings what". dave, an extra grill may be needed depending on the number of people...be on stand by.

mcfish, our (The momentum's) first home game is April 23rd (first game is the 16th in Michigan). We have practice Sunday afternoon and anyone who wans and has time is invited to come and watch.

Ol' No. 2
03-22-2005, 11:34 AM
Count me in for Saturday (3 people).

ma_deuce
03-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Lt. Deuce and I will be at the Saturday game, along with my expecting sister-in-law. They probably won't want to stand outside, but I'll hang out for a few. I'll bring a six-pack of Falstaff to boot.

:beer

Deuce

maurice
03-22-2005, 12:53 PM
Unfortunately, we're still in a holding pattern. Dr. Maurice and I are highly probable for Friday. She can't make it to the Saturday game, but I might.

We'll likely spend Friday night at a hotel downtown.

Hangar18
03-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Hangar18 will be there Friday Nite, and for the Saturday Morning
Sox-travaganza tailgate. Will probably be with a very large group,
at least ten people, we will provide a couple cases of beer and Brats/Buns.

jake27
03-22-2005, 02:43 PM
ill be there saturday but i have to work until 6 :(: so im just hoping ill make it to the game on time... i wish i could tailgate tho

Palehose13
03-22-2005, 03:39 PM
ill be there saturday but i have to work until 6 :(: so im just hoping ill make it to the game on time... i wish i could tailgate tho

Um...IIRC, the game starts at 1pm on Saturday. Unless of course you meant that you get off of work at 6 am.

rmusacch
03-22-2005, 04:27 PM
Ok...let's see how many people are coming and then we can do the "who brings what". dave, an extra grill may be needed depending on the number of people...be on stand by.

mcfish, our (The momentum's) first home game is April 23rd (first game is the 16th in Michigan). We have practice Sunday afternoon and anyone who wans and has time is invited to come and watch.

How are you going to practice if you are going to the game? :)

GiveMeSox
03-22-2005, 05:36 PM
Count me in as well. I am coming up with 3 other people as well. We will happy to bring some beer and chips and stuff to throw into the mix.

robertks61
03-22-2005, 05:47 PM
Count me in Saturday bright & early with at least 2. I'll bring some beer & munchies of some type!

MUsoxfan
03-22-2005, 05:49 PM
If the game starts at 1, are things gonna get going around 10ish as far as the booze and brat consumption?

Ol' No. 2
03-22-2005, 05:54 PM
If the game starts at 1, are things gonna get going around 10ish as far as the booze and brat consumption?I imagine they'll open the parking lot gates 2 hr before game time, same as the Sox.

MUsoxfan
03-22-2005, 05:58 PM
I imagine they'll open the parking lot gates 2 hr before game time, same as the Sox.

They open much earlier than the Sox....sometimes 4-5 hours before gametime. They also don't seem to mind if you stay in the parking lot and not go to the game (I haven't done that, but I know people that have)....they also let you tailgate after the game.

steff
03-22-2005, 06:02 PM
I will be there on Saturday, along with DavesWifeIsHere, will bring some beer and try and get some wings marinated. Will you need another grill or are you happy to grill this stuff up?

Dave.. I will bring your wristbands.

samram
03-22-2005, 06:51 PM
They open much earlier than the Sox....sometimes 4-5 hours before gametime. They also don't seem to mind if you stay in the parking lot and not go to the game (I haven't done that, but I know people that have)....they also let you tailgate after the game.

You are supposed to go in at the fourth inning now or something. But when I tailgated last season nobody said anything. Tailgating there is a lot of fun, they seem lenient about what goes on.

cubhater
03-22-2005, 08:48 PM
I"ll be there Saturday with a group of 15 or so but undecided if I'll tailgate or do batting practice. It depends on the weather. You can count most of my buddies in for tailgating if I can't make it.:cool:

I don't recall any mention of which parking lot where we're tailgating. My personal preference is the lot just north of the expressway.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-22-2005, 09:11 PM
My wife is the dessert queen, we'll bring some goodies if you have a sweet tooth.

jake27
03-22-2005, 11:25 PM
Um...IIRC, the game starts at 1pm on Saturday. Unless of course you meant that you get off of work at 6 am.

ahhh ****** :angry: :angry: :angry: o man now i cant go

samram
03-22-2005, 11:34 PM
You are supposed to go in at the fourth inning now or something. But when I tailgated last season nobody said anything. Tailgating there is a lot of fun, they seem lenient about what goes on.

Hmm, odd post I made here considering I've never been to Miller Park.

TornLabrum
03-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Jeff and I MAY tailgate depending on the temperature. Jeff's back is pretty sensitive to the cold, as you can imagine after having 8 disks removed and a bunch of stainless steel put into it.

rwcescato
03-22-2005, 11:54 PM
Hello all!

We are getting close to the day when moany of you will venture north to see our White Sox in my tiny city. I plan on hosting a tailgate on Saturday. However, who is going on Friday and what would you like to do? I have tickets for both games and am willing to tailgate both days or do something different on Friday before and/or after the game.

With this thread I am looking for plans other than the actual game, so please don't post with just your seat locations. I am willing to be activity coordinator for this adventure, so what do you want to do? Bars? Tailgate? Strip clubs (Not sure if that should be teal or pink :D: )?

For the Saturday Tailgate, I will bring my special Brats. I ask that you BYOB and anything else you may want to eat (or we can coordinate a pot luck thing). I would be happy to give you all food and drink, but my budget doesn't allow it. :(:

So...thoughts?

Hey I am going with my brothers family, sisters family and brother-in laws family. But I am willing to meet some posters. We are spending friday night and saturday night in Milwaukee. I have tix to Fridays game only but am going somewhere in Milwaukee with all our kids on Saturday. The final 4 game with the Illini if they make it will be on that day. I am open to watching that game somewhere. Let me know if anyone is interested, or whoever is going to the friday game, to meet on friday in the park.
Rich:supernana:

Lillian
03-23-2005, 07:30 AM
I have a ticket for Friday night's game. I have to be back in Chicago the same night. If anyone would like to offer a ride, I'd certainly be happy to help pay expenses. I live and work in the City, near Michigan Ave. and Chicago Ave.

I'd also love to meet some of the WSI members, and the Tailgate sounds like fun. I can bring a dish.

Please let me know. My email is l_feingold2002@yahoo.com

Lillian

Palehose13
03-23-2005, 10:20 AM
How are you going to practice if you are going to the game? :)

:?:

Easy. I am going to the game on Saturday and then going to practice on SUNDAY. :wink:

Miller Park opens the parking lots 3 hours before the game, so I will be there at 10am.

I will make an "Official thread" next week with what lot and all the other specifics. I made this thread as an attempt to get idea thrown around before I make the official one.

Any ideas for those on Friday? What would you like to do before and/or after the game?

Dick Allen
03-23-2005, 07:15 PM
Will be there on Saturday, but won't be able to spend much if any time tailgating. I'd at least like to stop by and say hello if I know where to find you.

robertks61
03-23-2005, 07:35 PM
Post game party at The Brat Stop in Kenosha? The parking lot is good also.

soxwon
03-23-2005, 11:11 PM
Pale- where exactly will you be parking?

Which Lot?

irish rover
03-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Ma, I've been looking for Falstaff, where can one buy it around chicago. I'd like to get some for opening day

TornLabrum
03-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Ma, I've been looking for Falstaff, where can one buy it around chicago. I'd like to get some for opening day

I know a guy from Romeoville who ended up finding some a couple of years ago in Peoria.

irish rover
03-24-2005, 09:29 AM
thanks, I checked the Falstaff link here, and it came up with a place in Peoria, I'll give them a call

Palehose13
03-24-2005, 09:48 AM
Pale- where exactly will you be parking?

Which Lot?

I'll post that with directions when I post the official thread early next week. I ususally take the side streets, but I know most of you will be coming from 94, so I want to go to the lot that is the easiest for you guys to get to. I will be at the red Jeep Wrangler and I will have a 3x5 sox flag waving in the wind.

ma_deuce
03-24-2005, 11:16 AM

I don't think you can. They sell it out in Jerseyville (supposedly), so I plan on picking some up when I visit my in-laws this weekend.

Deuce

ma_deuce
03-25-2005, 05:40 PM
Well, I wasn't able to get a six pack of Falstaff... they only sell it in 12 packs. I'm a little nervous about drinking it, as it only cost $4.99.

:beer :beer

TornLabrum
03-25-2005, 05:44 PM
Well, I wasn't able to get a six pack of Falstaff... they only sell it in 12 packs. I'm a little nervous about drinking it, as it only cost $4.99.

:beer :beer

It's not bad...especially if you need a laxative. :D:

ma_deuce
03-25-2005, 05:50 PM
It's not bad...especially if you need a laxative. :D:
Maybe drinking some of this stuff and then driving 7 hours back to St. Louis isn't that good of an idea then. :)

robertks61
03-26-2005, 12:11 PM
Don't forget to pick up I-Pass if you're taking the Tollway. I just picked one up at Jewel. For $50 you get $40 worth of credit & $10 for the deposit. You then get to go on-line and register it.

rmusacch
03-26-2005, 12:18 PM
:?:

Easy. I am going to the game on Saturday and then going to practice on SUNDAY. :wink:

Miller Park opens the parking lots 3 hours before the game, so I will be there at 10am.

I will make an "Official thread" next week with what lot and all the other specifics. I made this thread as an attempt to get idea thrown around before I make the official one.

Any ideas for those on Friday? What would you like to do before and/or after the game?

OK my reading comprehension was not up to par that day.

soxwon
03-26-2005, 01:10 PM
OK my reading comprehension was not up to par that day.

meet in the tgifs bar before the game, you have a great view of BP

Erik The Red
03-26-2005, 07:28 PM
I'll be there on Saturday with my father, younger brother, and a buddy of mine who lives in Milwaukee. I'll BMOB, and possibly some beer brats of my own. Just look for the guy in the Slayer shirt and a 1959 Sox cap :cool:

Palehose13
03-27-2005, 02:42 PM
meet in the tgifs bar before the game, you have a great view of BP

I may have an even better view on Friday. A teammate of mine is friends with the Brewer's third base coach. She told me last night that anytime I wanted to go on the field for BP, let her know. I asked if we can go Friday cause I would love to be on the field when the Sox take BP. I should find out by Tuesday. :D:

Lillian
03-28-2005, 10:22 AM
I have a single ticket to the Friday night game if someone would like to use it.
You can call me at 312-479-5634, or email me at l_feingold2002@yahoo.com
I'd be happy to give it to someone who can use it. It appears to be a pretty good seat, in the Loge Diamond Box 1st row.

Lillian

Fake Chet Lemon
03-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Should we all wear ORANGE Saturday in support of the Illini game that evening? Since the Illini just knocked UW-Milwaukee out of the sweet 16, we'd really be rubbing it in their cheese-faces. It's not like they won't know Sox fans are in the stadium, I'm sure we'll dominate them vocally no matter what we wear. :D:

whitesoxwilkes
03-28-2005, 12:55 PM
Should we all wear ORANGE Saturday in support of the Illini game that evening? Since the Illini just knocked UW-Milwaukee out of the sweet 16, we'd really be rubbing it in their cheese-faces. It's not like they won't know Sox fans are in the stadium, I'm sure we'll dominate them vocally no matter what we wear. :D:

I plan on wearing orange under my Sox jersey. Subtle statement.

Iwritecode
03-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Figured I'd drag this up from page 3 because I just made some last minute plans to be at the game on Saturday.

Hey Palehose, where's that official thread you promised? I need to know which parking lot to look for your jeep in. :cool: