PDA

View Full Version : Borrowski breaks bone in hand, out 10 weeks!!!

Joosh
03-22-2005, 08:50 AM
Per George Offman, WSCR.

Shock and amazement!

I can't believe this happened.

itsnotrequired
03-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Here we go...

spawn
03-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Here we go...
again...

I thought we would've learned from yesterday about waiting until all of the facts are in before jumping to conclusions...

itsnotrequired
03-22-2005, 09:57 AM
The Tribune is reporting 3-4 weeks. Maybe the Cubs feel left out with all the Buehrle talk and had to come up with a similar injury.

Hangar18
03-22-2005, 10:30 AM
The Blue Corporation will simply run out and steal a relief pitcher from
the Marlins or Pirates or DevilRays

Jerko
03-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Our friends the Tigers will trade Urbina to them.

Palehose13
03-22-2005, 11:58 AM

No!!!! Don't say that! I proudly went cub free in our fantasy draft, but I have Urbina.

gosox41
03-22-2005, 12:03 PM
The Blue Corporation will simply run out and steal a relief pitcher from
the Marlins or Pirates or DevilRays

Maybe they'll steal from the Pirates because they are so incompetent.

But I think the asking price just went up for good relievers for the beloved. If they want to get someone of quality they'll have to give up that much more. I don't see Lou Pinella giving away players. And the Marlins have a great chance to contend.

Bob

gf2020
03-22-2005, 12:33 PM
The article was just slightly updated to say six to eight weeks....

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/cs-050321cubsborowski,1,3962380.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

I find it a tad interesting that chicagosports.com had an AP story on Buehrle up all day, while Paul Sullivan has a newly created and updated article within two hours of the news. No bias there.

duke of dorwood
03-22-2005, 12:39 PM
Not gonna be easy this late in ST-many roles have been defined on other teams-they may have to really pay for someone, for once

Shorty1983
03-22-2005, 12:56 PM

"We're not the Tigers, we're the Kittens" -Dimitri Young

patbooyah
03-22-2005, 01:47 PM
so the cubs are trying to start something similar to wsi at cubsallaccess.com.

i registered yesterday, just cause i like to :dtroll: , and happily started a topic on this subject as my first post.

itsnotrequired
03-22-2005, 02:01 PM
so the cubs are trying to start something similar to wsi at cubsallaccess.com.

i registered yesterday, just cause i like to :dtroll: , and happily started a topic on this subject as my first post.

Oh man, that site is a piece. Check out this thread:

http://www.cubsallaccess.com/forums/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=18

5 minutes of internet searching would have yielded an answer.

Brian26
03-22-2005, 02:21 PM
Good god...the guy actually asked if any other teams use "an old fashioned scoreboard like the Cubs." Wow, must be a huge baseball fan.

itsnotrequired
03-22-2005, 02:31 PM
Good god...the guy actually asked if any other teams use "an old fashioned scoreboard like the Cubs." Wow, must be a huge baseball fan.

I like how the other person "answered" by asking if Camden had a manual board as well. Lots o' help. The thread on Prior/Wood injuries is pretty funny as well. A classic quote:

I don't think I will ever feel secure in Wood's health. I always feel like he's one pitch away from an injury. He just makes me nervous. That said, I hope he has a monster year and puts every one at ease a little.

He has so much talent...

:rolleyes:

DMarte708
03-22-2005, 04:31 PM
Hendry must be upset.

He may actually have to trade one of his top prospects for a bonafied closer. :whiner:

I'm actually anticipating his reaction to this injury. He can't possibly have faith in a bullpen in which Hawkins and Dempster remain their most reliable arms.

crector
03-23-2005, 01:50 AM
Hendry must be upset.

He may actually have to trade one of his top prospects for a bonafied closer. :whiner:

I'm actually anticipating his reaction to this injury. He can't possibly have faith in a bullpen in which Hawkins and Dempster remain their most reliable arms.

What makes you think that? If you look at Hendry's tenure as Cubs GM, you will find that the Cubs consistently have had poor bullpens all during that time. Hendry may not be able to properly evaluate relief pitchers or he might have the attitude that relief pitchers are a dime a dozen.