PDA

View Full Version : Phil Rogers March 22 Column...

DrCrawdad
03-22-2005, 01:44 AM
Click over to Chicago Sports.com and read the column. Phil, be ready to get a phone call to report to the principal's office.

kingpin_rcs
03-22-2005, 01:56 AM
Are you referring to the "Sox pitching in better shape than Cubs' column?

DrCrawdad
03-22-2005, 02:12 AM
Are you referring to the "Sox pitching in better shape than Cubs' column?

Yes, I thought these comments were interesting.

Amazingly enough, given how many trees have been sacrificed to publicize the surplus of pitching in the Cubs' stable, it is the White Sox who are better positioned to offset their potential loss.

With Prior and Wood questionable, someone must step forward (as McCarthy must while Buehrle is out). But in the last three days, Dempster, Glendon Rusch and Sergio Mitre combined to allow 24 runs on 26 hits, including four home runs, in 71/3 innings.

Frater Perdurabo
03-22-2005, 09:31 AM
Yes, I thought these comments were interesting.

I especially like the line about sacrificed trees and the Cubs pitching staff. I wonder if Rogers was attempting to atone for the media's pro-Cubs agenda after PaleHoseGeorge publicly flogged him during the past few days.

:smile:

Rogers is a good writer and a good baseball observer. I hate that he works for the Cubune, though.

ondafarm
03-22-2005, 09:36 AM
. . .Rogers . . . after PaleHoseGeorge publicly flogged him during the past few days. . .

Did I miss something?!! I'd probably get PPV to see PHG flog Rogers in public!!!

voodoochile
03-22-2005, 09:40 AM
Did I miss something?!! I'd probably get PPV to see PHG flog Rogers in public!!!

Click over to the home page and read the 3/18 news summary article at the top of the page. Then you can probably do a search for Phil Rogers in the clubhouse and find the threads you are seeking.

Frater Perdurabo
03-22-2005, 09:51 AM
Ondafarm - Here's the Link (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46863)

Hangar18
03-22-2005, 10:41 AM
PRogers should be flogged for his "Selig is Great" column of a few weeks ago.
Phil says that anyone who thinks that MLB "looked the other way" with
steroids, is a fool.
Funny enough, Verdi writes a much more easy to digest "Selig is Bad" column
just days ago.

Palehose13
03-22-2005, 11:46 AM
I especially like the line about sacrificed trees and the Cubs pitching staff. I wonder if Rogers was attempting to atone for the media's pro-Cubs agenda after PaleHoseGeorge publicly flogged him during the past few days.

:smile:

Rogers is a good writer and a good baseball observer. I hate that he works for the Cubune, though.

Maybe, but I still would like Mr. Rogers to answer the question on said thread regarding what the reporters in Tucson were covering other then Frank being that the Sox were not playing that day.