PDA

View Full Version : Sky isn't falling...

MaggPipes
03-22-2005, 12:24 AM
I have on the ESPN website an articel as of 12:07 AM Tuesday the 22nd that Buehrle did not fracture his foot at all that the initial x-ray was inconclusive and that a CT scan revealed it to be a sprain. The article titles: "Initial fear pitcher was lost up to for to six weeks" The article says that he will probably only miss 1 spring training start.....:dtroll:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2018528

Booo-yah

FJA
03-22-2005, 12:29 AM
I have on the ESPN website an articel as of 12:07 AM Tuesday the 22nd that Buehrle did not fracture his foot at all that the initial x-ray was inconclusive and that a CT scan revealed it to be a sprain. The article titles: "Initial fear pitcher was lost up to for to six weeks" The article says that he will probably only miss 1 spring training start.....:dtroll:

Booo-yah

Just read this as well ... wow; when was the last time the Sox caught this kind of break?

MaggPipes
03-22-2005, 12:34 AM
yeah i started this new thread because I didn't want people to have to go through reading all that crap to find out Mark is going to be ok, and the title of that thread is misleading now. Hope I save some people some worry time.

chisox06
03-22-2005, 12:41 AM
yeah i started this new thread because I didn't want people to have to go through reading all that crap to find out Mark is going to be ok, and the title of that thread is misleading now. Hope I save some people some worry time.

Wow, thanx for doing so. All that wasted bandwith on that other thread goes to waste, oh well. Very very very good news, well not for B-mac but certainly for the sox.

popilius
03-22-2005, 01:06 AM
This news was also posted recently on MLB.com: "Buehrle's injury not as serious as first feared" http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050321&content_id=972845&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Although I breathed a great sigh of relief, I hope Herm and Mark are very, very careful in determining how serious this is. I'd much rather lose Mark for a few weeks than miss him during the playoffs.

:gulp:

Cowch44
03-22-2005, 01:08 AM
:worship:Thank you god.:bandance:

DiGiSyKo
03-22-2005, 01:09 AM

Booo-yah

I feel so much better now that I've read this article.

SoxFan76
03-22-2005, 02:15 AM
Me and my buddy were so happy when hearing this news that we hugged each other..........yeah we gotta get a life. LOL

WhiteSoxFan84
03-22-2005, 02:26 AM
All I'm worried about is how they worded it, "he will miss AT LEAST one spring training start". But, it's much, MUCH better than 4-6 weeks.

Amen to that!

Hopefully Big Frank makes a speedy recovery and is back by mid-April and these are the only injuries we suffer all year along. I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm trying.

cbrownson13
03-22-2005, 02:36 AM
Very good news. I just read this on rotoworld.com...

White Sox trainer Herm Schneider described Mark Buehrle's injury as a ''stress reaction'' but not a fracture. The left-hander still might be ready for Opening Day.
A CT scan indicated Buehrle apparently irritated a previous foot injury he was unaware of. ''Considering I can stand and walk on it, it is 120 percent better. I couldn't do that yesterday,'' Buehrle said. ''I came in today and everything was fine. I couldn't even tell there was anything wrong with my foot.'' Buehrle will miss at least one start. The White Sox should have a better idea about his status later this week.

BigEdWalsh
03-22-2005, 03:49 AM
:supernana: :bandance: :supernana:
I'm sure glad to wake up to this news! Sounds encouraging.
:cheers:

munchman33
03-22-2005, 06:13 AM
What a relief.

:threadrules:

Fredsox
03-22-2005, 06:23 AM
There's an interesting article in this morning's Daily Herald where Mike Imrem is wondering why Buehrle, one of the most dependable and productive starters over the past few years, gets comparatively no press as opposed to Prior & Wood. Here's the link.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/imrem.asp?id=22801

JUribe1989
03-22-2005, 06:38 AM
There's an interesting article in this morning's Daily Herald where Mike Imrem is wondering why Buehrle, one of the most dependable and productive starters over the past few years, gets comparatively no press as opposed to Prior & Wood. Here's the link.

Unbelievable story!!

jenmcm76
03-22-2005, 07:10 AM

Kudos, to Mike Imrem and the Daily Herald! It's like he's reading our collective mind!

spawn
03-22-2005, 07:21 AM
Great article. I thought of this yesterday.Buehrle is extremely unappreciated in this city, compared to the other two pitchers up north. But that's ok...hopefully he knows true baseball fans appreciate him...

TornLabrum
03-22-2005, 07:23 AM
Me and my buddy were so happy when hearing this news that we hugged each other..........yeah we gotta get a life. LOL

Or start buying furniture!:rolleyes:

TornLabrum
03-22-2005, 07:29 AM
There is one major flaw in Imrem's article. The only reason the masses ignore Buehrle is because of the constant din in the media that, unless there is some kind of controversy with the Sox, inundates them with "Cubs! Cubs! Cubs!" 24/7/365 with maybe a little noncontroverial Sox.

TommyJohn
03-22-2005, 08:26 AM
There is one major flaw in Imrem's article. The only reason the masses ignore Buehrle is because of the constant din in the media that, unless there is some kind of controversy with the Sox, inundates them with "Cubs! Cubs! Cubs!" 24/7/365 with maybe a little noncontroverial Sox.

Sneering Chicago Media Ass here. What you bitter Sox fans gotta understand
is that we don't get excited over your team because they're not the lovable
Cubbies. They are doomed and cursed forevermore. Don't you people get that?
:whiner: :whiner: Your team fixed the World Series and plays in a crappy stadium. So
there.

*SNEER*

TommyJohn
03-22-2005, 08:29 AM

Is it me, or is the only time the White Sox get any attention at all is when a
fan does something stupid or the Sox talk about the Cubs in some way?
Remember "Us vs. Them?" And "spankwad" boy?

Kuzman
03-22-2005, 08:45 AM
maybe he is just like Bruce Willis char in Unbreakable. haha:D:

Tekijawa
03-22-2005, 10:15 AM
I like this because of how it was handled and shows how the mindsets of both Chicago Baseball teams work with their fans. The White Sox fans (the most optimistic in the world) are told by the organization right off the bat that Buehrle would be out 4-6 weeks with out even knowing what the exact injury is. Where the Cubs on the other hand put out a little blurb about Wood and Prior Possibly missing their next start and this step is repeated for MONTHS until they finally come out and say that X has Arm/Elbo/Achillies trouble and will be out until the all star break. For as bad as I felt yesterday "I feel 120% better today" and now I'm slightly more pumped for the season to begin than I was last week...Go Go Buehrle!

batmanZoSo
03-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Just read this as well ... wow; when was the last time the Sox caught this kind of break?

It would've been nice not to get the bad news in the first place, but who am I kidding, I'm a Sox fan, I'll take it.

Mickster
03-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Hopefully Big Frank makes a speedy recovery and is back by mid-April and these are the only injuries we suffer all year along. I know it's wishful thinking, but I'm trying.

According to CSN last night, frank is expected to stay a month in AZ after the season starts before rehabbing in AAA. Looks like mid-May is the best that we can hope for, which is still great!

Tekijawa
03-22-2005, 10:34 AM
According to CSN last night, frank is expected to stay a month in AZ after the season starts before rehabbing in AAA. Looks like mid-May is the best that we can hope for, which is still great!

All I ask is that he plays in October!

Knucksie
03-22-2005, 10:38 AM
I like this because of how it was handled and shows how the mindsets of both Chicago Baseball teams work with their fans. The White Sox fans (the most optimistic in the world) are told by the organization right off the bat that Buehrle would be out 4-6 weeks with out even knowing what the exact injury is. Where the Cubs on the other hand put out a little blurb about Wood and Prior Possibly missing their next start and this step is repeated for MONTHS until they finally come out and say that X has Arm/Elbo/Achillies trouble and will be out until the all star break. For as bad as I felt yesterday "I feel 120% better today" and now I'm slightly more pumped for the season to begin than I was last week...Go Go Buehrle!

The difference between the SOX and cubs in this area is the fact that the SOX have ONE OF THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS in HERM SCHNEIDER. Herm will do the right thing and get both Mark and Hurt back ASAP without rushing them before they are ready.

Shorty1983
03-22-2005, 11:52 AM
I guess my get well card isn't going to do much.

Woooo Hoooo!!! Burly-mon

daveeym
03-22-2005, 11:54 AM
According to CSN last night, frank is expected to stay a month in AZ after the season starts before rehabbing in AAA. Looks like mid-May is the best that we can hope for, which is still great! What a selfish bastard he needs to be on the bench with his teammates.

JB98
03-22-2005, 12:36 PM
I really hope Mark is able to make his Opening Day start. That way, we'll get out of there with a win in two hours, 15 minutes. That will give me plenty of time to get home for the tip of the national championship game. My dream April 4: A Sox win over Cleveland by day, and an Illini win over North Carolina by night.

:gulp:

Brian26
03-22-2005, 01:14 PM
All I ask is that he plays in October!

With the Chicago White Sox American League Baseball Club and nobody else!

BRDSR
03-22-2005, 02:43 PM
"There's not an ounce of pain" per Mark Buerhle on the spring training telecast. Kind of amazing considering the news coming out late sunday and early monday. Very good to hear and see(showed clips of him playing a normal game of catch with Herm Schneider.)

Cowhead418
03-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Sneering Chicago Media Ass here. What you bitter Sox fans gotta understand
is that we don't get excited over your team because they're not the lovable
Cubbies. They are doomed and cursed forevermore. Don't you people get that?
:whiner: :whiner: Your team fixed the World Series and plays in a crappy stadium. So
there.

*SNEER*

You idiots believe in curses, not us. Very intelligent post you have there. Feel proud of yourself now? Someone seems bitter...

Cowhead418
03-22-2005, 09:06 PM
Is it me, or is the only time the White Sox get any attention at all is when a
fan does something stupid or the Sox talk about the Cubs in some way?
Remember "Us vs. Them?" And "spankwad" boy?

I think its just you.

Lip Man 1
03-22-2005, 10:22 PM
I could be wrong but I think TJ is being sacractic. (At least for his sake I hope so...)

Lip

TommyJohn
03-22-2005, 10:42 PM
I could be wrong but I think TJ is being sacractic. (At least for his sake I hope so...)

Lip

I guess Cowhead hasn't some of my past posts.

JoseCanseco6969
03-22-2005, 10:49 PM
Wow, thanx for doing so. All that wasted bandwith on that other thread goes to waste, oh well. Very very very good news, well not for B-mac but certainly for the sox.

I'm sure B-Mac will get a shot soon either way. I for one think he should spend some time in AAA till we rush him in like a Munoz or Diaz and ruin their confidence.
Get back in there soon Mark!!