PDA

View Full Version : What's up with Garcia?

SoxOnTop
03-21-2005, 03:20 PM
I haven't seen a lick of news about Garcia and his stats for spring training show only 2 starts with 7 innings of work. Did I miss something? Is he hurt? With all of the MacCarthyism I almost forgot about him.

Can someone fill me in?

Unregistered
03-21-2005, 03:41 PM
He's thrown in a few "B" games - those stats don't count when they calculate spring numbers.

Gosox1917
03-22-2005, 11:08 AM
He had a decent game yesterday against Arizona. Got into trouble in the 2nd and walked about 4 or 5 guys but really settled down nicely the rest of the game. He's looking good to me as long as he stays out of those rough innings during the season.

SoxOnTop
03-22-2005, 12:24 PM
Thanks, guys. It's tough to keep up down here in FL.

JB98
03-22-2005, 12:29 PM
He had a decent game yesterday against Arizona. Got into trouble in the 2nd and walked about 4 or 5 guys but really settled down nicely the rest of the game. He's looking good to me as long as he stays out of those rough innings during the season.

Freddy walked three in the second inning alone yesterday. He didn't have very good command of his heater, and he left a couple breaking balls up. It is too early to get concerned, however. There are other pitchers who have fared far worse. (See Dempster, Ryan - Cubs)

Clembasbal
03-22-2005, 12:33 PM
Freddy walked three in the second inning alone yesterday. He didn't have very good command of his heater, and he left a couple breaking balls up. It is too early to get concerned, however. There are other pitchers who have fared far worse. (See Dempster, Ryan - Cubs)

Walks in spring training are fine, walks at U.S. Cellular field are not. Get a guy on base and in that park, who knows what will happen.

soxtalker
03-22-2005, 02:09 PM
I think that Garcia said that he used the game to work on the location (inside) of one of his pitches. If that's the case, it may not be representative of a true game situation, where he'd probably stay away from a pitch that wasn't working.