PDA

View Full Version : Bruce LevineLine Implies Big Frank used Steroids

Hangar18
03-21-2005, 01:57 PM
On his morning "baseball" show, he implied that the whole Congress/Steroid
issue was preposterous, and that even though Frank Thomas said he NEVER
used Steroids, Levineline said "But how do we really know that" ? I about
drove off the road in disgust, he should know better.

Also on that program, a few callers called in and said the SOX were crossing
the line with their marketing, calling out cub fans, making fun of them
as sheep and unknowing baseball fans there to just drink (funny, thats what
I always thought of them anyway) Levineline said he doesnt like the
SOX marketing slogans, to which John Rooney than said he didnt mind
cub fans one way or the other, but that when they were in the playoffs
in 03, he never saw more annoying fans and is happy they lost, heh heh.

Baby Fisk
03-21-2005, 02:04 PM
Hangar, play some music and drive safely. None of us wants to read one of your Random Thoughts threads that starts:

"So I'm at the police station after plowing into a school bus. I was interrogated by two ignorant Cubbie fans! They noticed my Sox cap and shirt and started mocking Magglio. I laughed in their faces and called them out for being the unknowledgeable tools that they were. Then they took me to the hose-down room..."

Banix12
03-21-2005, 02:34 PM
Levine is just trying to turn us all against frank so when Wes Helms comes in we'll greet him as the savior Levine is sure he'll be

SoxBoy14
03-21-2005, 02:39 PM
How would we know if Frank did 'roids? 40 homers and 23 doubles would have turned into 65 homers and 10 doubles. This all just shows that Frank's the best righthanded hitter of the recent ['80-'05] era.

HebrewHammer
03-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Hangar, play some music and drive safely. None of us wants to read one of your Random Thoughts threads that starts:

"So I'm at the police station after plowing into a school bus. I was interrogated by two ignorant Cubbie fans! They noticed my Sox cap and shirt and started mocking Magglio. I laughed in their faces and called them out for being the unknowledgeable tools that they were. Then they took me to the hose-down room..."

This post made my day.:)

:gulp:

Uncle_Patrick
03-21-2005, 03:04 PM

LMAO! :rolling:

Brian26
03-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Also on that program, a few callers called in and said the SOX were crossing the line with their marketing, calling out cub fans, making fun of them as sheep and unknowing baseball fans there to just drink (funny, thats what I always thought of them anyway) Levineline said he doesnt like the

Did you hear the very gay moment when Levine played the new Scott Podsednik radio commercial twice in a row and admitted that it was turning him on? It was a complete dueche-chill moment.

Palehose13
03-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Being that I am not in the Chicago area, would someone please describe these some of these ads?

Thanks!

jabrch
03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Being that I am not in the Chicago area, would someone please describe these some of these ads?

Thanks!

They sound a lot like these!

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46704

ChiSoxBobette
03-22-2005, 08:26 AM

Also on that program, a few callers called in and said the SOX were crossing
the line with their marketing, calling out cub fans, making fun of them
as sheep and unknowing baseball fans there to just drink (funny, thats what
I always thought of them anyway) Levineline said he doesnt like the
What do you expect from Bruce Levine , somebody tell the idiot that Big Frank has been tested since his days at Auburn U

Hangar18
03-22-2005, 09:47 AM
What do you expect from Bruce Levine , somebody tell the idiot that Big Frank has been tested since his days at Auburn U

I wish a caller wouldve called in to tell him this very fact ...........
the only thing I could think of, was Levineline was probably trying to derail
the Sox-Good-Feeling-Express train. Sorry bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce,
no dice. your a schmuck and should know better

Foulke29
03-22-2005, 12:55 PM
I heard that this morning too and was ready to reach through the radio and choke him:

I sent this note to him and AM1000 radio:

Well, I am back to CDs in my car. Ignoring the fact that Sosa was juicing in Chicago for years is one thing, but to accuse Frank Thomas of being a user of steroids is just careless "journalism." And to do so on the Chicago White Sox flagship station is unforgivable. You know as well as anyone else does that Frank has never used steroids. I'll be sending this note along to Len Weiner too letting him know that I'll be using my XM radio for Sox games this year.

Thanks for helping me see the light of Chicago media!

WhiteSoxFan84
03-23-2005, 11:25 AM
I'm REALLY starting to hate LeVineLine. I mean REALLY starting to hate him... :angry:

NonetheLoaiza
03-23-2005, 03:01 PM
No joke...I just hate the fact that no word is ever mentioned about how Sosa was obviously on Roids, but hey, its possible Frank took steroids...Ridiculous.

SoxSpeed22
03-23-2005, 03:48 PM
Is it me or is this steroid thing turning into a witch hunt? People seem to be callin' out EVERY Home Run hitter within the last few years. A week ago, the Cardinals GM even accused Todd Helton of being on steroids.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3482494 As for Frank, he's always been that big. Cub fan broadcasters apparently have nothing better to do than to call us out.

ChiSoxRowand
03-23-2005, 08:35 PM
Is it me or is this steroid thing turning into a witch hunt? People seem to be callin' out EVERY Home Run hitter within the last few years. A week ago, the Cardinals GM even accused Todd Helton of being on steroids.
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/3482494 As for Frank, he's always been that big. Cub fan broadcasters apparently have nothing better to do than to call us out.

It has been a witch hunt for a while.

JB98
03-23-2005, 09:18 PM

Actually, I think it was Wayne Hagin, Cardinals broadcaster, who made the accusation. The rest of your point is valid.

hosieryofthegods
03-24-2005, 01:50 PM
Hagin quoted Don Baylor as saying Helton was on the juice meaning Creatine, not steroids.

flo-B-flo
03-24-2005, 06:31 PM
It has been a witch hunt for a while. And will be for the next season or two.

Chrisaway
03-24-2005, 06:37 PM
Frank Thomas is the best hitter I've ever seen period. When will these "medi-ots" give in and recognize. :angry:

ChiSox14305635
03-24-2005, 07:08 PM

ROTFLMAO!!! :roflmao:

StepsInSC
03-25-2005, 09:23 AM

I don't think that statement implies steroid use. The only implication is that we don't know for sure whether or not he did, although I feel 99.99% sure he didn't. I think it was an honest question which none of us can truly know the answer to.

voodoochile
03-25-2005, 09:31 AM
I don't think that statement implies steroid use. The only implication is that we don't know for sure whether or not he did, although I feel 99.99% sure he didn't. I think it was an honest question which none of us can truly know the answer to.

He definitely implied it and he meant to. If he hadn't meant to, he wouldn't have brought it up, or he would have just pointed out that Frank has NEVER been linked with steroids and let it go.

Instead he goes out of his way to sow seeds of doubt... "All we have is Frank's word." As if that isn't good enough, as if there is surely reams and stacks of evidence buried in a vault somewhere just waiting to be revealed.

He could have chosen to play it straight, instead he chose to start rumors, make stuff up and question Frank's integrity. You could do what he did to any player in the majors, but he chose Frank.

StepsInSC
03-25-2005, 09:35 AM
He definitely implied it and he meant to. If he hadn't meant to, he wouldn't have brought it up, or he would have just pointed out that Frank has NEVER been linked with steroids and let it go.

Instead he goes out of his way to sow seeds of doubt... "All we have is Frank's word." As if that isn't good enough, as if there is surely reams and stacks of evidence buried in a vault somewhere just waiting to be revealed.

He could have chosen to play it straight, instead he chose to start rumors, make stuff up and question Frank's integrity. You could do what he did to any player in the majors, but he chose Frank.

Well I didn't hear it, so I'm missing context. I was just going from Hangar's post alone. But it doesn sound like he was trying to start controversy, but then I again I can't say I expect otherwise.

HawkISox
03-25-2005, 11:44 AM
So Brucey....Frank perjured himself under oath to a Congressional Committee?

Frank spoke with conviction when he said he never used them.

How about former Scubbie Luis Gonzalez and his 50 HR season??? How about Brady Anderson hitting 50???

Sheesh...

steff
03-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Well I didn't hear it, so I'm missing context. I was just going from Hangar's post alone. But it doesn sound like he was trying to start controversy, but then I again I can't say I expect otherwise.

He wasn't.

Hangar18
03-25-2005, 01:33 PM

Thats exactly what Levineline was going for by making that comment.
He tried to plant the seed of doubt, which by now, hundreds of Blue-Sheeplike Fans will start regurgitating. There was no reason for brucie to call Frank out like that. Of all the players that were there, he made it
seem that because Frank was "subponaed" to Washington, there is
something doubtful about Frank Thomas. It was a BS Kiley-esque move.

StepsInSC
03-25-2005, 03:31 PM
He wasn't.

Just to clarify, "He" in my post = Levine.

Wsoxmike59
03-25-2005, 05:54 PM

Thanks!

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/campaigns/television/index.jsp

Ask and ye shall receive PH13. I really like the Aaron Rowand and Shingo Takatsu commercials.

steff
03-28-2005, 08:17 AM
Just to clarify, "He" in my post = Levine.

In mine also. Levine did the same thing everyone else who reported on the story did. Nothing sinister about it.

SOXintheBURGH
03-28-2005, 09:06 AM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/fan_forum/campaigns/television/index.jsp

Ask and ye shall receive PH13. I really like the Aaron Rowand and Shingo Takatsu commercials.

Thanks, those are all pretty sweet. My favorite is the one with Shingo wrecking everyone's day.