PDA

View Full Version : Bonds ratted out by girlfriend... sort of

Baby Fisk
03-21-2005, 01:03 PM
Sorry if this was already posted; just found it.

SAN FRANCISCO -- A former girlfriend of Barry Bonds (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=3918) has testified before a federal grand jury that the slugger told her he used steroids, the woman's attorney said Sunday.

Kimberly Bell, 35, of San Jose, testified with full immunity for about two hours Thursday before a federal grand jury here, attorney Hugh Levine told The Associated Press.
Incendiary stuff, except that she never actually saw him do it so it's "he said, she said."

linky (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2017522)

mike squires
03-21-2005, 02:49 PM
Barry Bonds is not a good person. It would not bother me one bit if his ankle never healed again so he could not pursue "The Babe"

Ol' No. 2
03-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Barry Bonds is not a good person. It would not bother me one bit if his ankle never healed again so he could not pursue "The Babe":sopranos No problem.

StillMissOzzie
03-22-2005, 10:52 AM
I'll go you one worst, Baby Fisk. If she comes off as "the woman scorned" with an axe to grind, it's even worse than "he said, she said", she won't appear credible at all. She has claimed that Barry admitted 'roid use to her.

But, Kimberly Bell's attorney made an appearance on ESPN's Cold Pizza this morning, and he had some new info to offer:

1) She'll be writing a book about her life and times w/ Barry Bonds (shocking), so we'll probably get a chance to learn pretty much what she told the grand jury soon enough.
2) More interesting, though - she has saved her answering machine tapes with phone calls from Barry. That may not be admissable as evidence for the grand jury, but if there's any "smoking guns" there that refute Barry's "I didn't knowingly..." defense, he'll be guilty in the court of public opinion.
3) The reason she's writing the book? Cuz the cheap SOB offered her a settlement of $15,000.

SMO
:gulp:

SaltyPretzel
03-22-2005, 11:12 AM
I like how Bonds complains how the steroid accusations by the media are hurting his family while he's sleeping around with other women.

Paulwny
03-22-2005, 07:20 PM
From the AP:The Chronicle also reported, citing two unidentified sources "familiar with an account of her testimony," that Bell also testified that Bonds gave her $80,000 in cash in 2001 in separate $9,000 payments to help her purchase a house in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Federal law regulates cash transactions of more than $10,000.

The IRS will now be involved .

Infallible
03-22-2005, 07:46 PM
come on people Barry's a good guy. He just doesn't posess an outgoing personality. I mean the guy is a natural hitting talent, may be the greatest in baseball since Ted Williams. I mean does it really matter his head has grown 3 hat sizes or that he's put on about 85lbs of pure ripped diesel muscle? Don't all guys do this as we get older?