PDA

View Full Version : Who's the Ultimate Chicagoan

SoxFan78
03-21-2005, 11:37 AM
Redeye is having their own bracket going on right now to see who the ultimate Chicagoan is. Today is the sports bracket. Go on and vote for our White Sox. The Sox have Frank Thomas (Who surprisingly a 1 seed!), Paul Konerko and Mark Buehrle on the poll.

Here is the link to go vote

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/redeye/chi-ultimate-story,1,4839822.story?coll=chi-homepagenews2-utl

kittle42
03-21-2005, 11:48 AM
On a side note, I really can't stand the Red Eye and Red Streak. I mean, read an actual damn paper.

Brian26
03-21-2005, 11:59 AM
On a side note, I really can't stand the Red Eye and Red Streak. I mean, read an actual damn paper.

They're written for the Maxim/FHM/Stuff generation with an attention span of a 12-yr old with a focus on completely irrelevant information like what cool bars are opening. There always seem to be a token hot chick photo on the back page too....every time I see it laying around on the train. Don't even get me started on how in the world Susana "night out" Homan has a job in this city.

kittle42
03-21-2005, 12:25 PM
They're written for the Maxim/FHM/Stuff generation with an attention span of a 12-yr old with a focus on completely irrelevant information like what cool bars are opening. There always seem to be a token hot chick photo on the back page too....every time I see it laying around on the train. Don't even get me started on how in the world Susana "night out" Homan has a job in this city.

Amen, brother.

Nothing's ever going to get better until pandering to the lowest common denominator ends.

Basically, nothing's ever going to get better.:smile:

JKryl
03-21-2005, 12:28 PM

Amen. A newspaper is supposed to have printed words not just photos and ads.

JKryl
03-21-2005, 12:32 PM
By the way, at this time, Paul Konerko is getting his clock cleaned by the often injured Scrub Kerry Wood. Don't let this insult stand. Get onto the site and vote for Pauly.

itsnotrequired
03-21-2005, 12:46 PM
If 50 Cent wasn't around, the Red Eye would have nothing to talk about. Seriously, there are at least 3 articles every week about him.

Tekijawa
03-21-2005, 01:34 PM

Could someone please draw me a picture on what this thread is about, I can't bring myself to actually read the 7 previous posts to find out!

kittle42
03-21-2005, 01:38 PM
Could someone please draw me a picture on what this thread is about, I can't bring myself to actually read the 7 previous posts to find out!

POTW.

DumpJerry
03-21-2005, 02:47 PM
Red Eye and Res Streak (what is it about the color red??) are written for Cub fans. How do I know? Simple. Sox fans are people who have IQ's above 100, Flub fans below. These papers are simple rags on where to get drunk written on a first grade level.

Jjav829
03-21-2005, 03:14 PM
Horrible excuse for a newspaper aside, who are you people voting for?

Gordon vs. Thomas is a tough one. I've got Konerko, Hinrich, McNabb, Dee Brown, and Buehrle as the easy ones. Tough call on Urlacher vs. Finch. I guess I'll vote on the actual question. :wink: Curry/Maddux....ehhh....can I leave one empty? The toughest one here is Gordon-Thomas for all you Bulls and Sox fans.

Ehh, after casting my vote, I see Hinrich losing by nearly 400 votes. :o: Come on people, stuff the votes for Hinrich. I wonder if that little cookie cheat works...:cool:

Foulke You
03-21-2005, 03:25 PM
Horrible excuse for a newspaper aside, who are you people voting for?

Gordon vs. Thomas is a tough one. I've got Konerko, Hinrich, McNabb, Dee Brown, and Buehrle as the easy ones. Tough call on Urlacher vs. Finch. I guess I'll vote on the actual question. :wink: Curry/Maddux....ehhh....can I leave one empty? The toughest one here is Gordon-Thomas for all you Bulls and Sox fans.

Ehh, after casting my vote, I see Hinrich losing by nearly 400 votes. :o: Come on people, stuff the votes for Hinrich. I wonder if that little cookie cheat works...:cool:

I tried the cookie cheat. It didn't seem to work for me. I wonder if it pings your IP address or something. I voted for all the Sox players. You know all the Cub players will eventually win though, it is the "Red Eye", no Sox fan actually reads that paper unless they were directed there by WSI to stuff yet another Tribune poll.:cool:

I want Mags back
03-21-2005, 03:52 PM
my oponion on the sports bracket

frank over ben Gordon
can't go wrong with big hurt

Urlacher over Finch
shes hot, but #54 is the Bears for now

Curry over Maddux
he's a south suburb native

Mcnabb over Armas
Armas plays soccer, nough said

Hinrich over Prior
CUBS SUCK

Brown over Chelios
Pre Red wings trade, its Cheli, but that and what Dee has done this year wins him it

Maltais over Buehrle
Buehrle's Cards cap costed him, plus how many championships has he brought us, vs. Maltais 3 in 11 years.

Pauly over Wood
do i have to comment

Brian26
03-21-2005, 04:35 PM
Gordon vs. Thomas is a tough one.

It is?

Frank Thomas is arguably the greatest player in White Sox history, a legend on the south side for the past 15 years, and a lock for the Hall of Fame. Ben Gordon has played with the Bulls for less than a year. Where's the respect for Hurt?

Jjav829
03-21-2005, 07:44 PM
It is?

Frank Thomas is arguably the greatest player in White Sox history, a legend on the south side for the past 15 years, and a lock for the Hall of Fame. Ben Gordon has played with the Bulls for less than a year. Where's the respect for Hurt?

It's obviously a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately mentality. I'm not saying Gordon is the better choice, just that with what he has done for the team lately, it's hard to ignore him. That would go for any player that single-handedly wins so many games for his team and turns them around from a cellar-dweller and a laughingstock to a contender. I'm not saying it's right, just that what Gordon has done recently makes him hard to ignore.

Hell, the real reason is that it's the only choice where I like both players. :D: Most are obvious (Hinrich over Prior, Konerko over Wood, etc.) because I either don't like the other players (the Cubs) or I couldn't care less about the other option (Blackhawks and Fire players). That's mainly what I meant when I said it's tough.

whitesoxwilkes
03-21-2005, 08:00 PM
The Red Eye is brutal...but I enjoy Jimmy Greenfield's columns, even if he is a Cub fan.

Brian26
03-21-2005, 08:02 PM
That's mainly what I meant when I said it's tough.

It's all good. I'd take Gordon over any of the scrubs without blinking an eye. I just want to make sure Hurt gets the love he deserves.

I want Mags back
03-22-2005, 04:41 PM
It's obviously a what-have-you-done-for-me-lately mentality. I'm not saying Gordon is the better choice, just that with what he has done for the team lately, it's hard to ignore him. That would go for any player that single-handedly wins so many games for his team and turns them around from a cellar-dweller and a laughingstock to a contender. I'm not saying it's right, just that what Gordon has done recently makes him hard to ignore.

Hell, the real reason is that it's the only choice where I like both players. :D: Most are obvious (Hinrich over Prior, Konerko over Wood, etc.) because I either don't like the other players (the Cubs) or I couldn't care less about the other option (Blackhawks and Fire players). That's mainly what I meant when I said it's tough.

there was no current Hawks

cubsfan1977
03-22-2005, 11:32 PM
I just wanted to say good luck this year and hope to see you in the World Series.

batmanZoSo
03-23-2005, 12:44 AM

They also appeal to the men-who-like-hot-chicks generation. Can't stand 'em!