PDA

View Full Version : My Fantasy League/ Great Cubs Fan Story!!

chez742002
03-21-2005, 02:36 AM
I am in this fantasy league on SportingNews.com and I have a damn good team. It is almost as if noone knew how to draft, but that is besides the point. I get an email that says "Proposed Trade" from "Wonderful Winners"(play on words as you will find out).
The trade proposed my team receives: Michael Young, Dmitri Young and Cliff Floyd. The other team "Wonderful Winners" receives: Alex Rodriguez and Juan Pierre.
When I saw this I almost cried because I thought I knew who this was and I believed the guy was joking with me. I wrote back: "Thats funny Jim!, You gotta be kidding, right!" The "Wonderful Winner" replied that he was not joking and that he thought this was a good trade even if he was losing an extra guy and that he was not Jim! I thought to myself, "What an idiot!!", but before I said no, I asked him the surprise Question, "By any chance, Are you a Chicago Cubs fan??" His answer... "YES!!!, How did you know?" Now you should get the "Wonderful Winners", which was a play on the "Lovable Losers", funny, right
It is so obvious when you are dealing with a "Flubs Fan" (a double negative), they have no clue about anything and once again they prove their inability to comprehend realism. I really think that they all believe that they are smarter than everyone else, even though they are the most clueless people living today. This guy actually thought he was kind of getting the raw end of the deal because he was losing three guys. I guarantee he had no idea who any of the other 4 players were that were involved, but he heard of Alex Rodriguez and he thought he was good, so he figured that he would give me 2 pieces of crap and one decent player for 2 stars even though he only knew of one of them(A-Rod). You would think that he would know who Juan Pierre is and how good he is because he kicked the Flub's butts all over the field in the NLCS 2 years ago. But once again, I forgot that Flubs fans do not watch the game, they are too busy gabbing on the cell phone and staring a hot chicks with other guys.This idiot thought three was better than two and surely, I would take 3 instead of 2 (even if there is a roster limit of 18). They just do not get that 3 pieces of crap is three pieces of crap and nothing more. I do not know how many times I have heard an intelligent Flubs Fan call up AM 1000 or the Score and talk about how they have this "great trade idea!" The idiot then says, "We should trade Joe Borowski, Jeromy Burnitz and a couple of prospects for JD Drew and Eric Gagne! That would be a good trade wouldn't it? That is why I hate them so much; What kind of idiot would think that is a good trade? How could someone think that could be even remotely possible of happening? What do these people do with their time and how can they make a living? It just keeps proving over and over again, that they have no comprehension of the game, nor of anything regarding sports. I just can't believe they think anyone is as stupid as they are. I do not understand why someone would join a Fantasy League for $250/team if you do not know anything about baseball? I could not figure out why he would do it, but then I realized obviously, someone in his office told him that you could win money playing Fantasy Baseball and that it is a lot of fun!!! So he wanted to fit in, so he coughed up the money!! I can't wait until he shows his coworker his team because all he drafted were Cubs players he knew of:

Kerry Wood 1st pick, Nomar Garciaparra 2nd Pick, Michael Young (2nd shortstop, but can play 2nd and third base,cant figure it out either? did he think he was a Cub or make a mistake?)3rd pick, Derek Lee 4th pick, Sammy Sosa 5th pick, Greg Maddux 6th pick, Todd Walker 7th pick, Joe Borowski 8th pick, Michael Barrett 9th pick, LaTroy Hawkins 10th pick, Kenny Lofton (how did he remember?)11th pick, Jeromy Burnitz 12th pick,Ryan Dempster (What??) 13th pick, Steve Trachsel (out for the year)14 pick, Ken Griffey Jr (popular for a long time)15th pick, Dmitri Young (???)16th pick, Mark Grudzialanek (how did he remember?) 17th pick, Cliff Floyd (from Chicago??) 18th pick.

Can you imagine the look on the face of his fellow employee? I do not know why he wanted to ruin his roster with his proposed trade, maybe his co-worker was talking to him about A-Rod because he had him on his own team and the Flubby Fan wanted to have something in common with his co-worker idol!!!

I wondered whether he looked to see if Andre Dawson, Ryne Sandberg, Ron Cey or even Ron Santo or Ernie Banks were still available.!!!
This proves it once and for all, over and over again... that Flubs fans are not fans at all, they just love to drink at a big, overpriced, stinky, stupid, boring beer gardens that have ivy on the walls because they are really dumb and they think it is the "IN THING TO DO!!!"
I thought I had seen it all!!!!

:redneck :redface: Go SOX!!! To Hell with the FLUBBYS!!!:whiner: :mad:

jordan23ventura
03-21-2005, 03:15 AM
Wow. Terrific. Amazing discovery. People are idiots? Who knew? Glad I didn't read that.

Iwritecode
03-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Wow, what an amazingly huge and unreadable block of text. :o:

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-21-2005, 04:35 PM
the good thing about having cubs fans in my fantasy league is that they all choose players from the cubs

SoxFan76
03-21-2005, 05:00 PM
the good thing about having cubs fans in my fantasy league is that they all choose cubs fans as their players

I choose Sox players. Not all Sox players obviously, but I usually have 2-3.

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-21-2005, 06:00 PM
me too, i try to get as many as possible

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-21-2005, 06:09 PM
Haha, in one of my non WSI-fantasy leagues, my roster has a bunch of Sox players and ex sox players. AJ Pierzynski, Juan Uribe, Tadahito Iguchi, Paul Konerko, Freddy Garcia, and for ex-sox players, Keith Foulke and Carlos Lee. I got Paul Konerko in one of the final rounds. :o:

chez742002
03-21-2005, 10:51 PM
Wow. Terrific. Amazing discovery. People are idiots? Who knew? Glad I didn't read that.

Wow! Now We all know you are an idiot, too. If you do not like posts and reading threads, DO NOT READ THEM, NOONE IS ASKING YOU TO!! Some people like communicating with people on this site and they do not need your CUBLIKE COMMENTS. Keep them to yourself if they are negative towards someone else who is not being negative towards you or the WhiteSox. This message board is not for people like you who have nothing to say except demeaning comments toward others. I am obviously much more intelligent than you because I can write a comment that is more than a sentence that rambles on, has misspelled words and/or makes no sense at all.
I don't think you are glad that you did not read the post, I think you were angry that you couldn't understand it because YOU CAN'T READ! Remember though, when you post a message, that I find stupid or uninformed or even filled with improper grammar, I will be there to critique you!! And it will be done with the cruelest intentions. But you probably will not be able to comprehend what that means, either.

jordan23ventura
03-22-2005, 03:16 AM
Wow! Now We all know you are an idiot, too. If you do not like posts and reading threads, DO NOT READ THEM, NOONE IS ASKING YOU TO!! Some people like communicating with people on this site and they do not need your CUBLIKE COMMENTS. Keep them to yourself if they are negative towards someone else who is not being negative towards you or the WhiteSox. This message board is not for people like you who have nothing to say except demeaning comments toward others. I am obviously much more intelligent than you because I can write a comment that is more than a sentence that rambles on, has misspelled words and/or makes no sense at all.
I don't think you are glad that you did not read the post, I think you were angry that you couldn't understand it because YOU CAN'T READ! Remember though, when you post a message, that I find stupid or uninformed or even filled with improper grammar, I will be there to critique you!! And it will be done with the cruelest intentions. But you probably will not be able to comprehend what that means, either.

Whoa, please stop with the big words already! Comprehend? Que? Critique me if you like and see if I care. Once again, I'm glad I didn't read all that.

chez742002
03-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Hey man I just want to post my comments and read in peace, I do not want or need to argue about stupid comments or things. I am a Sox fan as well as you are (I hope), so if you do not like what someone says about the Sox, the Cubs or anything else, tell them and blast away, but do not put someone down because they like to write and read about the Sox and our archenemy, the Flubs!! A person can never write to much about how stupid Flubs fans are because there are people out there in this world and the city's media that think Flubs fans are a loyal outfit and that they are great fans. On this message board, we can only hope that people outside the city and in the city's media group, read our personal experiences with Flubs fans and get the truth out that FLubs fans are not real fans of the team or of baseball in general. They are people who want to be in the "it" crowd, spend a lot of money to sit in crappy seats with no view, pay $8 for a beer, talk through the game and be a part of the "Worlds Largest Beer Pit". Calling it a garden would be an offense to gardens evrywhere in the world.
I am here to vent my frustrations with those idiots, not with my fellow fans. Remember that and I will never have a problem with anyone or you!!

pearso66
03-23-2005, 02:13 AM
I'm not trying to be critical here, just a little bit of friendly advice. Try to break your paragraphs up a little. Its hard to read all that writing when there isnt any spaces to break it up, the words tend to run together. I myself wouldnt spend the time to try to read all of it. I read some of it, knew it might be something i'd enjoy to read, but it gave me a headache to try to read it.

jordan23ventura
03-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Hey man I just want to post my comments and read in peace, I do not want or need to argue about stupid comments or things. I am a Sox fan as well as you are (I hope), so if you do not like what someone says about the Sox, the Cubs or anything else, tell them and blast away, but do not put someone down because they like to write and read about the Sox and our archenemy, the Flubs!! A person can never write to much about how stupid Flubs fans are because there are people out there in this world and the city's media that think Flubs fans are a loyal outfit and that they are great fans. On this message board, we can only hope that people outside the city and in the city's media group, read our personal experiences with Flubs fans and get the truth out that FLubs fans are not real fans of the team or of baseball in general. They are people who want to be in the "it" crowd, spend a lot of money to sit in crappy seats with no view, pay $8 for a beer, talk through the game and be a part of the "Worlds Largest Beer Pit". Calling it a garden would be an offense to gardens evrywhere in the world.
I am here to vent my frustrations with those idiots, not with my fellow fans. Remember that and I will never have a problem with anyone or you!!

Man, we know you hate Cubs fans. So what? Most people on this board do. It's kind of an ongoing thing that gets discussed here and there, but it's not like we're planning on protesting outside Wrigley. It's a good kind of thing to have in the city.

Also, I'm not defending Cubs fans at all, but I've been to many Sox games and have met my share of idiots as well. They are everywhere. Yes, Cubs fan idiots are more annoying, but so what? It's not that I'm trying to personally attack you, I'm saying that your posts are long and really have no point other than to say 'Cubs fans are stupid,' which is something everyone here already thinks anyway.

So take that however you like, if I ever met you in person I'd probably buy you a beer and ask you to chill out a bit. No personal attack, it's just an opinion that I have that this thread and the other one you have are rather pointless and have nothing to do with White Sox baseball, which is what I come to this site to read about.

MeanFish
03-23-2005, 10:42 AM
I choose Sox players. Not all Sox players obviously, but I usually have 2-3.

Normally my drafts are fairly normal, but I generally pick more Sox players late because I know more about them. For instance, last year I had a sneaking suspicion that Rowand was going to break out so I drafted him late as a bench player. Partially because he was a Sox player, but mostly because I knew what I was getting.

chez742002
03-23-2005, 09:02 PM
I just realized about the lack of spacing in my posts. I will change the way I write them. I am sorry i hurt your eyes, Ijust did not know ehat anyone was talking about when they remarked about indenting and spaces.