PDA

View Full Version : CBS Sportsline writer reveals he is a moron

Banix12
03-20-2005, 11:52 PM
I was reading the White Sox preview on CBS Sportsline written by Scott Miller (CBS Sportsline senior writer), and mostly it was the same old stuff. Sox going small-ball, cuban pitchers could fail, will the real scott podsednik please stand up, etc... etc...

I reached the end of the second page and had only read a couple factual errors when I saw this...

And by signing Hernandez and Contreras, the Sox moved lefty Scott Scoeneweis out of the rotation and back into the bullpen.

So the whole article can be now thrown in the trash, since Scott Miller is so lazy a writer he couldn't even look up CBS Sportsline's player movement page to find out Scott is now a Blue Jay and the correct way to spell his name is Schoeneweis.

Scott Miller's White Sox "preview" (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8311705/1)

Chisox003
03-20-2005, 11:55 PM
I was reading the White Sox preview on CBS Sportsline written by Scott Miller (CBS Sportsline senior writer), and mostly it was the same old stuff. Sox going small-ball, cuban pitchers could fail, will the real scott podsednik please stand up, etc... etc...

I reached the end of the second page and had only read a couple factual errors when I saw this...

So the whole article can be now thrown in the trash, since Scott Miller is so lazy a writer he couldn't even look up CBS Sportsline's player movement page to find out Scott is now a Blue Jay and the correct way to spell his name is Schoenweis.

Scott Miller's White Sox "preview" (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8311705/1)

And apparently we signed Contreras, we didnt deal for him at the deadline last year....

These writers never cease to amaze me....A great occupation, but cant get the facts right...Im used to it by now

Rocklive99
03-21-2005, 12:07 AM
I agree with you guys, it may seem like nitpicking to some, but these guys are getting paid for this. If my one job had to do with the baseball world, I would definately keep up with all transactions and then double check something as simple as the roster coming into Spring Training.

NSSoxFan
03-21-2005, 12:13 AM
I agree with you guys, it may seem like nitpicking to some, but these guys are getting paid for this. If my one job had to do with the baseball world, I would definately keep up with all transactions and then double check something as simple as the roster coming into Spring Training.

As long as they are accurate on all things Yankees and Red Sox, it will continue to be a non-issue.

TDog
03-21-2005, 11:05 AM
If sports "journalists" had real jobs, their employers would expect them to get their facts straight. They would even run corrections. My local newspaper runs a correction every time they misspell someone's name.

Watch the games. Don't worry about what these morons have to say.

Ol' No. 2
03-21-2005, 11:11 AM

So the whole article can be now thrown in the trash, since Scott Miller is so lazy a writer he couldn't even look up CBS Sportsline's player movement page to find out Scott is now a Blue Jay and the correct way to spell his name is Schoeneweis.

Scott Miller's White Sox "preview" (http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/8311705/1)The only job in the world where incompetence is not an impediment.

samram
03-21-2005, 11:34 AM
The only job in the world where incompetence is not an impediment.

It's more like a requirement, it would seem.

Ol' No. 2
03-21-2005, 11:42 AM
It's more like a requirement, it would seem.:kneeslap:

Foulke You
03-21-2005, 03:17 PM

Exactly! It is their job to get facts straight yet they so infrequently do their homework. This shows that the guy thought so little of writing this article that he just made a bunch of assumpitions and conclusions and figured nobody would notice or care.

It happens with greater frequency on sports blab radio. Those guys get paid to talk about sports on the radio for hours yet, so many times the hosts will admit that they didn't watch the game, or they only caught the highlights, or they report inaccurate facts.

spawn
03-21-2005, 03:31 PM
I saw this article this morning and couldn't believe my s reporter who is supposed to have some baseball knowledge would write this. What's worse, doesn't this guy have people who look through the articles removing discrepanicies? I almost posted a thread, but then thought to myself 'this is par for the course'. Whatcha gonna do???

Ol' No. 2
03-21-2005, 04:49 PM
Exactly! It is their job to get facts straight yet they so infrequently do their homework. This shows that the guy thought so little of writing this article that he just made a bunch of assumpitions and conclusions and figured nobody would notice or care.

It happens with greater frequency on sports blab radio. Those guys get paid to talk about sports on the radio for hours yet, so many times the hosts will admit that they didn't watch the game, or they only caught the highlights, or they report inaccurate facts.You expect them to take the time to actually find out who's on the roster? How unreasonable!