PDA

View Full Version : Spring Break Trip: Cant Escape Cub Losers!!

GiveMeSox
03-20-2005, 08:24 PM
Man I cant wait to vent this. I just got back from spring break with my buddies in Florida. We went to the Hilton in Clearwater Beach for a week. I probably encountered 5 or 6 idiot cubs fans who gave me crap and were the biggest morons I could imagine. I swear this doops are all over, and they are all the same.

Encounter #1:

The first day we got there we went to 1 of the many beachside outfoor cafe/ restaurants on Clearwater for lunch. I am wearing my sox hat and when I walk into the resturant some 60 year old guy goes "Booooo WHite Sox". Of course I say back "Cubs Suck". And hes like "How did you know I like the cubs". I was like are you kidding me. Cubs fans are the only ones dumb enough to try and bash the minority of sox fans. On my way out he was yelling again "Booo White Sox". This time I fired back with comments about Dusty gets you no where and your 2 top pitchets are on the DL once again. That shut him up right away he probably didn't even know.

Encounter #2:

I met a good looking girl in the hot tub and pool area one day. We got to talking and when I said Im from Chicago she went on and on about how she absolutly LOVES THE CUBBIES and is a HUGE FAN. She then goes on to tell me shes from Maryland and never been or lived in Chicago. Then she starts giving me crap saying how on earth can I be from Chicago and not like the cubbies, everyone loves the cubbies. I tried to explain to her about 2 teams and ya da da but it was waste. She is from Baltimore and didn't even know Sammy was traded there until I told her, but she LOVES THE CUBBIES and doesnt understand how anyone can hate them like me. WOW!!!

Encounter #3

Friday night in the Hot Tub we started talking to this guy who said he was from St. Joseph's Michigan, not too far away. We got to talking and he was once again telling me how he LOVES THE CUBS and is a HUGE FAN. He already bought the new field box tickets or whatever for a game at like $200 a pop and bought up a bunch of bleacher tickets and says he went to like 12 bleacher games last year and LOVES THE CUBBIES. So of course I counter with White Sox stuff and he thought I was wearing a Cubs Beleive bracelet the whole time when i was really wearing my SOX PRIDE. He said he didn't know there was a sox bracelet. I asked him why he is so cubs adament even thought he lives so far away and US Cellular is Closer. He said he doens't know he just always like the cubs and he loves going to games in the bleachers and going to the bars. And its such a great time. He mentioned nothing of the team, players, or anything, just the bleachers and bars and large sums of money he spends. I just laughed.

I had other encounters with people (locals) wearing cubs hats and stuff. Sometimes I would ask them about the hats they either said something dumb like "I like the hat" or something like "We always root for the cubs".

Thats my aggravating story, it seems like no matter where you go you can escape no nothing bandwagon cubs fans. They are just too stupid and lack the baseball knowledge to realize they are an embarssament to themselves and the cubs.

shoota
03-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Man I cant wait to vent this.
Encounter #1:

The first day we got there we went to 1 of the many beachside outfoor cafe/ restaurants on Clearwater for lunch. I am wearing my sox hat and when I walk into the resturant some 60 year old guy goes "Booooo WHite Sox". Of course I say back "Cubs Suck". And hes like "How did you know I like the cubs". I was like are you kidding me.

Hilarious. "How do you know I like the Cubs?" Classic Cubdom idiocy.

What makes me understand your rant is that I never start crap with Cub fans, but they always feel the need to start crap with me. The same happened in all your encounters.

Whitesox029
03-20-2005, 11:30 PM
This is why I don't travel. At least here the Cubs fans tend to be actual fans, which is somehow less aggravating than people who likely have no idea who Ron Santo is and still call themselves Cubs fans.

GiveMeSox
03-20-2005, 11:44 PM
This is why I don't travel. At least here the Cubs fans tend to be actual fans, which is somehow less aggravating than people who likely have no idea who Ron Santo is and still call themselves Cubs fans.

Exactly. Its Chicago and its suburbs where you find people who really follow the cubs. When at home there are lots of cubs fans who can tell me everyting thats happened with them from 1960 and on. When Im at school or on vacation its hard to find one who knows who the manager was before dusty or that sammy and farns were even traded.

BRDSR
03-21-2005, 12:24 AM

It is infinitely less agravating. If I meet a Cubs fan that knows enough about baseball to love the Cubs and hate the White Sox as much as I love the White Sox and hate the Cubs at least I can have a meaningful argument with him. If I meet a guy who talks about Wrigleyville and doesn't know who the Black Sox are, I know I'm in for a bad afternoon.

DumpJerry
03-21-2005, 07:06 AM
I would have told the first goof to grow up. To the others, I would have said "I'm sorry, was the accident painful?"

34 Inch Stick
03-21-2005, 07:29 AM
Encounter #2:

I met a good looking girl in the hot tub and pool area one day. We got to talking and when I said Im from Chicago she went on and on about how she absolutly LOVES THE CUBBIES and is a HUGE FAN. .

Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. You are in a hot tub...with a girl...on spring break...and she is talking to you. I would have told her I was a Packer fan if I thought it would close the deal.

As a word of advice, you can take your Sox revenge out on her during or after the act.

and people thought Billy Koch was a bad closer...

34 Inch Stick
03-21-2005, 07:31 AM
Encounter #3

Friday night in the Hot Tub we started talking to this guy .

Maybe this explains my previous post.

Here is my second bit of advice, you don't go hot tubbing with another dude.

Youth is wasted on the young.

jordan23ventura
03-22-2005, 02:04 AM
Sometimes discretion is the better part of valor. You are in a hot tub...with a girl...on spring break...and she is talking to you. I would have told her I was a Packer fan if I thought it would close the deal.

As a word of advice, you can take your Sox revenge out on her during or after the act.

and people thought Billy Koch was a bad closer...

It's all about standards. I was going to ask out this girl out a while ago and then the next time I saw her she was wearing a Cubs shirt. Just about every single time I've seen her since then she wears that damn Cub shirt, and every time I walk by I can't help but think of vomiting all over her clothes. Some guys are in the market for a real woman. I'm still waiting for a brunette in a Thomas jersey to grab my attention by heckling Torii Hunter and holding up a pint of Guiness that she snuck into the park. Maybe one day. :)

TommyJohn
03-22-2005, 08:18 AM
Youth is wasted on the young.

Boy, tell me about it. *SIGH*