PDA

View Full Version : What will be the 25 man roster?

gogosoxtimebaby
03-19-2005, 08:17 PM
I am woundering if ozuna will make the team.

iftypofixit
03-19-2005, 09:09 PM
Ozuna has had an amazing spring. He has done everything correct and has impressed me this spring. IMO Ozzie and Kenny will keep Ozuna come opening day.

PAPChiSox729
03-19-2005, 09:38 PM
I am wondering if ozuna will make the team.

If he continues to play at this level all spring, then I would think he would make it. We really do need someone to give Uribe and Crede days off.

Mohoney
03-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Crede days off.

Hopefully 162 of them.

SoxFan76
03-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Hopefully 162 of them.

20 homers and 70 clutch RBIs from your 8th place hitter. Man, I can see why everybody hates Crede so much...

HomeFish
03-20-2005, 12:13 PM
I've listened to only two spring training games, and I am already in love with this Ozuna kid. He's got 2005 backup infielder written all over him, and I hope the management sees that as well.

SoxxoS
03-20-2005, 12:37 PM
20 homers and 70 clutch RBIs from your 8th place hitter. Man, I can see why everybody hates Crede so much...

Yeah I know. That is why I think we should trade Rowand for Russ Branyan b/c homers are the only thing that matters.

DumpJerry
03-20-2005, 12:51 PM
Ozuna is looking good.....................:D:

PAPChiSox729
03-20-2005, 12:58 PM
Ozuna is looking good.....................:D:

Hopefully we won't see Willie at SS or 3B once the season starts.

rmusacch
03-20-2005, 04:45 PM
If he continues to play at this level all spring, then I would think he would make it. We really do need someone to give Uribe and Crede days off.

You ever heard of Tuffy Rhodes and Julio Ramirez, too guys with amazing springs that sucked when the games counted. There is a reason Pablo Ozuna has only played in 65 major league games at age 30.

soxwon
03-20-2005, 05:05 PM
Joe Borchard has been great this spring.

I talked to him in ST, he said he will have a BIG SEASON.

I still love this guy, he's on the team.

BRDSR
03-20-2005, 05:07 PM
Kevin Walker has also made a strong case for making the opening day roster. If he continues to shine(to the tune of 7 innings, 0 ER and 2 hits) the rest of the spring I would not be upset if he made the squad in place of Cotts, even though Cotts has also had a good spring. Cotts was a starting pitcher in the minors before pitching entirely out of relief last year and he had some mixed results. I'd be interested to see what he could do as a starter after his major league experience last year. Worst case he gets no better, best case he becomes a backup starter and/or ups his trade value come mid-season. In any case, if Walker continues the way he is right now, I don't see any scenario where he doesn't make the team.

PAPChiSox729
03-20-2005, 05:50 PM

I really hope he does. Then we can trade him instead of Anderson or Sweeney to get Ben Sheets in July.
:cool:

StillMissOzzie
03-20-2005, 11:14 PM

I think you've got it bass-ackward. He is in the #8 spot because he had only 20 HR's and 70 RBI. Most teams expect more from their 3B. That said, I still like Joe's defense.

SMO
:gulp:

jordan23ventura
03-21-2005, 02:29 AM
I think you've got it bass-ackward. He is in the #8 spot because he had only 20 HR's and 70 RBI. Most teams expect more from their 3B. That said, I still like Joe's defense.

SMO
:gulp:

He's in the #8 spot because Ozzie doesn't want to roll over the lineup with a strikeout.

soxwon
03-21-2005, 09:32 PM
I really hope he does. Then we can trade him instead of Anderson or Sweeney to get Ben Sheets in July.
:cool:

yea then he turns into a sammy sosa type, and make us look bad again.
i want this kid for a long time here.

PAPChiSox729
03-21-2005, 09:36 PM

But another frontline pitcher would be pretty nice...

soxwon
03-22-2005, 08:34 PM
But another frontline pitcher would be pretty nice...

i suppose your right- but one that stays for more than a half season.

AJPosguchi
03-22-2005, 10:57 PM
Having seen Ozuna play in person last week against the Flubs, I'll have to say - He looks really good and I hope he makes it. He is an Ozzie kinda player.

Wsoxmike59
03-23-2005, 06:19 AM
Ozuna and Borchard are on the bubble as far as making the roster. One of those two do not make the club. Then somebody from the roster will have to be sent down or released to make room for Frank Thomas once he is ready.

1B - Konerko Gload
2B - Iguchi - Harris
SS - Uribe - Ozuna
3B- Crede
LF - Rowand
CF - Podsednik - Borchard
Rf - Dye - Timo Perez
C - Davis - Pierzynski
DH - Everett
SP - Buehrle
SP - Garcia
SP - Hernandez (el duque)
SP- Contreras
SP- Garland
RP -Takatsu
RP- Marte
RP- Politte
RP- Hermanson
RP - Cotts
RP- Adkins

rmusacch
03-23-2005, 07:18 AM

I would love to see what the league would have looked like if no steroids were around. Would Frank be considered the best of his era?

SoxFanTillDeath
03-23-2005, 08:14 AM
Ozuna and Borchard are on the bubble as far as making the roster. One of those two do not make the club. Then somebody from the roster will have to be sent down or released to make room for Frank Thomas once he is ready.

1B - Konerko Gload
2B - Iguchi - Harris
SS - Uribe - Ozuna
3B- Crede
LF - Rowand
CF - Podsednik - Borchard
Rf - Dye - Timo Perez
C - Davis - Pierzynski
DH - Everett
SP - Buehrle
SP - Garcia
SP - Hernandez (el duque)
SP- Contreras
SP- Garland
RP -Takatsu
RP- Marte
RP- Politte
RP- Hermanson
RP - Cotts
RP- Adkins

Your list is pretty accurate, except you forgot about Vizcaino. He'll be on the roster instead of adkins.

wdelaney72
03-23-2005, 08:27 AM

:bong: