PDA

View Full Version : screw it, let's all become Yankee fans

cheeses_h_rice
11-01-2001, 02:12 AM
I mean, your odds of having your team winning the World Series jump to at least 50% every year. Why not? You know your owner is going to spend the dough every single solitary goddamn year. And doesn't everyone want to be jocking the winning Yankee Dynasty?

C'mon guys, let's give up this silly notion that the White Sox are worth following.

I love Derek Jeter! He's dreamy!

I love Scott ".238" Brosius!

I love Roger "I'm *This* Close to Snapping" Clemens!

I love Jorge "In My Other Life, I Was a Rat" Posada!

I love Paul "When I Don't Get My Way, I Say '****!" Really Loud" O'Neill!

And most of all, I love George "I'll Pay Whatever It Takes to Buy a WS Trophy" Steinbrenner!

Goooo Yankees!

<Homer Simpson>In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic...</Homer Simpson>

CLR01
11-01-2001, 02:17 AM
Yeah, why not. And as soon as i am secure on the yankees bandwagon would someone please give me directions on where to find this bears bandwagon.

cheeses_h_rice
11-01-2001, 02:21 AM
The Bears' bandwagon is down the hall and to your left.

As for me, I'm not sure whether I'm "on" this bandwagon or not. I like the Bears, but part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop. Marcus Robinson is out for quite a while, and Jim Miller is hurting. Still, I think they're probably gonna make the playoffs this year, which is much, much more than I gave them credit for before the season started. I picked them to finish last in their division, after all.

There's still plenty o' room on board this bandwagon, though. Beep beep!

CLR01
11-01-2001, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by cheeses_h_rice
The Bears' bandwagon is down the hall and to your left.

As for me, I'm not sure whether I'm "on" this bandwagon or not. I like the Bears, but part of me is waiting for the other shoe to drop. Marcus Robinson is out for quite a while, and Jim Miller is hurting. Still, I think they're probably gonna make the playoffs this year, which is much, much more than I gave them credit for before the season started. I picked them to finish last in their division, after all.

There's still plenty o' room on board this bandwagon, though. Beep beep!

Does this bears bandwagon have heated cushy seats, plenty of leg room, heat/air, and good tunes, or am i stuck riding on a lumpy, unsanded cramped bench with the windows down listening to the super bowl shuffle?

FarWestChicago
11-01-2001, 02:29 AM
Hey, Cheeses just became a "Personality". I have never seen anybody not spam the last few messages like him. :)

cheeses_h_rice
11-01-2001, 02:37 AM
I forget what I was before I was a "personality" -- was it a "regular"? At least WSI doesn't delete posts like the Troll Board does -- that's like Sisyphus pushing the boulder up the hill, I tell ya....

Anyway, I'm just a bit bitter (a bit?) about the Yanks' win tonight, and in a way, very very relieved that I am not closely aligned with the Diamondbacks. I could not imagine the White Sox losing a game like tonight's, with, say, Kelly Wunsch in the place of Byung H. Kim. I would have a hard time sleeping after that. You can just see the classic sports films years from now, talking about that 3-1 lead with 2 outs.

Ouch.

cheeses_h_rice
11-01-2001, 02:43 AM
Man, all this playoff talk reminds that I *still* haven't watched even one second of my 3 VHS tapes of the White Sox 2000 playoff games against Seattle yet.

I'm thinking that the "sting" of these games has passed, and it'd be cool to see which Sox players from that era aren't even on the team anymore or didn't play much this past year (Charles Johnson, Bill Simas, etc.).

Maybe I'll fire those up this weekend....Anyone been a glutton for punishment and re-watched these games yet?

GASHWOUND
11-01-2001, 08:20 AM
Originally posted by CLR01

Does this bears bandwagon have heated cushy seats, plenty of leg room, heat/air, and good tunes, or am i stuck riding on a lumpy, unsanded cramped bench with the windows down listening to the super bowl shuffle?

My Bandwagon is FULLY loaded with all that stuff. I created the new bandwagon for all the Sox fans when Moronotti jumped on the old one. But I invinted you weeks ago, come on aboard!!

GASHWOUND
11-01-2001, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Hey, Cheeses just became a "Personality". I have never seen anybody not spam the last few messages like him. :)

Who would do such a cheap thing like spam messages. :)

GASHWOUND
11-01-2001, 08:31 AM
I forget what I was before I was a "personality" -- was it a "regular"? At least WSI doesn't delete posts like the Troll Board does -- that's like Sisyphus pushing the boulder up the hill, I tell ya....

Anyway, I'm just a bit bitter (a bit?) about the Yanks' win tonight, and in a way, very very relieved that I am not closely aligned with the Diamondbacks. I could not imagine the White Sox losing a game like tonight's, with, say, Kelly Wunsch in the place of Byung H. Kim. I would have a hard time sleeping after that. You can just see the classic sports films years from now, talking about that 3-1 lead with 2 outs.

Ouch.

I wouldn't know anything about my posts being deleted. (Yeah RIGHT!)
Sarcastic? I give up!!! I am a Yankee fan for now on. I can't stand this anymore. You root...root...root for the A's, the M's, and now the D-Backs and its all failed. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

You may all atack me now..

GASHWOUND
11-01-2001, 08:38 AM
Man, all this playoff talk reminds that I *still* haven't watched even one second of my 3 VHS tapes of the White Sox 2000 playoff games against Seattle yet.

I'm thinking that the "sting" of these games has passed, and it'd be cool to see which Sox players from that era aren't even on the team anymore or didn't play much this past year (Charles Johnson, Bill Simas, etc.).

Maybe I'll fire those up this weekend....Anyone been a glutton for punishment and re-watched these games yet?

I too have all 3 playoff games on tape, along with all 95 wins. Jeez, that sounds pitaful(all 3 playoff games) I watched all 3 playoff games 6 times already. Especially the very last game with Foulke on the mound.(You know what happened....) I sat depressed for weeks after the series. Why? thats all that came out of my mouth. OhHHH, Brother...Now I have to go to work all depressed now....

Iwritecode
11-01-2001, 10:19 AM
I mean, your odds of having your team winning the World Series jump to at least 50% every year. Why not? You know your owner is going to spend the dough every single solitary goddamn year. And doesn't everyone want to be jocking the winning Yankee Dynasty?

I think I am starting to find another reason to hate the Yankees. Year after year they win the WS. Year after year they are NOT the best team in the playoffs. Have you ever in your life seen a team get so many lucky breaks? Last year they won the division because nobody else wanted it, crawled into the playoffs and still managed to win. I don't really know how because I stopped watching after the Sox were out. This year Oakland should have beat them, but all of a sudden in the last 3 games they couldn't play defense or make a decent throw to save their lives. Seattle should have beaten them but because they went 5 games with Cleveland their pitching rotation got messed up. Plus, their bats fell asleep (that sounds familiar...). Now in the past 2 games against the D-backs they should have at least lost last night. The D-backs dropped what, 3 easy pop flies in game 3? Last night Schilling pitches on 3 days rest, allows 1 run and then the closer comes within 1 out of ending the game and serves up a couple of homeruns to blow it. When is the last time the Yankees played a team that hadn't envoked one of the curses (3-cub or Balbino)? Those both have to be taking effect. Especially last night. There's really no other way to explain it.