PDA

View Full Version : Postgame thread 3-19-05 (Buehrle Throws 6 Perfect Innings)

WhiteSoxFan84
03-19-2005, 05:19 PM
:burly 6 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 7 Ks

Great job Mark Anthony! I think this topic deserves a thread of it's own. Yes, it was against the KC Royals and it was a spring training game, but it's a great accomplisment nonetheless. Sox win 3-2.

Something I want you guys to look for because I probably won't be home to watch the news or Comcast Sportsnite is; see who gets more attention, Buehrle's performance or Carlos Zambrano's performance. Zambrano also threw 6 innings and I THINK he gave up 3 hits, 0 walks, and struck-out 9.

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-19-2005, 05:46 PM
No errors for our sox

zach074
03-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Nice Game MB!

PAPChiSox729
03-19-2005, 06:19 PM
:burly 6 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 7 Ks

Great job Mark Anthony! I think this topic deserves a thread of it's own. Yes, it was against the KC Royals and it was a spring training game, but it's a great accomplisment nonetheless. Sox win 3-2.

Something I want you guys to look for because I probably won't be home to watch the news or Comcast Sportsnite is; see who gets more attention, Buehrle's performance or Carlos Zambrano's performance. Zambrano also threw 6 innings and I THINK he gave up 3 hits, 0 walks, and struck-out 9.

Buehrle had a great outing. He would deserve to be first. But it really isn't a big deal. All I care about is that our Sox got the W.

rmusacch
03-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Buehrle had a great outing. He would deserve to be first. But it really isn't a big deal. All I care about is that our Sox got the W.

It is the exhibition season. Wins mean nothing. It is nice to see Buehrle pitch so well. I am more concerned with how guys who are going to be on the roster are rounding into form.

Ol' No. 2
03-19-2005, 06:44 PM
Buehrle has been pitching extremely well all ST. Sure it's only ST, but what you look for with pitchers is that they're hitting their spots and working effectively. He seems to be at the top of his game. If he keeps going at this pace he's going to have a great season.

batmanZoSo
03-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Big whoop...Yesterday in MVP 2005, Buehrle threw a 3 hit shutout against the Royals...and it was a real game, not preseason. :roflmao:

FightingBillini
03-19-2005, 06:53 PM
Big whoop...Yesterday in MVP 2005, Buehrle threw a 3 hit shutout against the Royals...and it was a real game, not preseason. :roflmao:

That is nothing, I threw a perfect game with Jose Contreras in which he struck out 27. That splitter is a monster.

And no, that shouldn't be in teal. It was at that point I realized the setting was on easy.

Gosox1917
03-19-2005, 06:54 PM
Great game for MB today, he got into a rythm with AJ and shut the Royals down. Hawk mentioned that AJ does a great job finding a pitchers' rythm and that is one of the most important things a catcher can do. To me, getting a fifth starter and AJ will end up being the biggest pickups this season.

Ol' No. 2
03-19-2005, 06:56 PM
That is nothing, I threw a perfect game with Jose Contreras in which he struck out 27. That splitter is a monster.

And no, that shouldn't be in teal. It was at that point I realized the setting was on easy.It took you through 27 straight SO before you realized it was on easy???:o:

WhiteSoxFan84
03-19-2005, 07:05 PM
It took you through 27 straight SO before you realized it was on easy???:o:

lol i was going to say, "whatd u have it on, ROOKIE?"

try throwing perfect games on all-star. i've taken about 5 into the 8th or 9th only to watch them get shattered by a BS bloop single.

Jurr
03-19-2005, 08:03 PM
It is the exhibition season. Wins mean nothing. It is nice to see Buehrle pitch so well. I am more concerned with how guys who are going to be on the roster are rounding into form.
Tell Ozzie that wins don't mean anything. This is a team that as it approaches the season, is playing the big guns a little more. To see them going out and getting W's tells you that they're starting to play with focus and intensity.

cwsfannick
03-19-2005, 08:29 PM
I believe it is important for Ozzie to play the starters longer in ST, because we have so many new starters. This team needs to build a chemistry going into the season.

FightingBillini
03-19-2005, 08:50 PM
It took you through 27 straight SO before you realized it was on easy???:o:

Well, I thought it was just a coincidence that it happened in the same game that Frank went 6-7 with five home runs and a triple.:cool:

FightingBillini
03-19-2005, 08:52 PM
lol i was going to say, "whatd u have it on, ROOKIE?"

try throwing perfect games on all-star. i've taken about 5 into the 8th or 9th only to watch them get shattered by a BS bloop single.

Yeah, I have only thrown one on allstar. I went into the seventh in two straight games against KC only to have Tony G break it up.:angry:

elrod
03-19-2005, 08:58 PM
Buehrle was ruthlessly efficient out there. Takatsu was unimpressive.

Fake Chet Lemon
03-19-2005, 09:24 PM
If you missed the game, Ozuna showed why he may deserve to make this team. That grab in the field was good, but that baserunning was exciting as Hell. Better than watching a homerun. Talk about putting pressure on the defense, if the 1st baseman made that throw to third to try and get him it probably would have gone down the line into Left Field. I'm glad he didn't, or we would have missed that suicide sqeeze. Good stuff. Ozzie ball.

Lip Man 1
03-19-2005, 09:52 PM
The Sox scored runs today EXACTLY the way Ozzie wants them to play during the regular season. Aggresive baserunning by Posednik, going from first to third on a ground out and a squeeze bunt. Listening to the game I thought it was 1959 or 1963 or 1964 again!

I'm starting to think that the Sox would be better off with Burke and Osuna on the roster then Harris and Davis but there are still two weeks to go...we'll see.

Lip

hose
03-19-2005, 10:17 PM
If you missed the game, Ozuna showed why he may deserve to make this team. That grab in the field was good, but that baserunning was exciting as Hell. Better than watching a homerun. Talk about putting pressure on the defense, if the 1st baseman made that throw to third to try and get him it probably would have gone down the line into Left Field. I'm glad he didn't, or we would have missed that suicide sqeeze. Good stuff. Ozzie ball.

Burles was dealing today and Ozuna really is looking great.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-19-2005, 11:16 PM
Something I want you guys to look for because I probably won't be home to watch the news or Comcast Sportsnite is; see who gets more attention, Buehrle's performance or Carlos Zambrano's performance.
Turns out, neither. Sports Nite led off their baseball coverage with Kerry Wood throwing a simulated game, because it was (and this is a direct quote) "the most important game of the day."

For the record, they followed with the Cubs game, but ultimately spent more time talking about Buehrle's day than Zambrano's.
:thumbsup:

Whitesox029
03-20-2005, 12:05 AM
Buehrle was ruthlessly efficient out there. Takatsu was unimpressive.
I refuse to get down on Shingo based on ST performances. Absolutely no one had seen him before last year in ST and he sucked then. I think the thin air affects that frisbee pitch even more than other breaking balls.

PAPChiSox729
03-20-2005, 12:19 AM
I refuse to get down on Shingo based on ST performances. Absolutely no one had seen him before last year in ST and he sucked then. I think the thin air affects that frisbee pitch even more than other breaking balls.

It's just ST. If he has a 5 ERA on May 15th, then I will worry.

MRKARNO
03-20-2005, 12:43 AM
I have a feeling that in regards to Buehlre, this is just a sign of things to come. He had some really good signs last year with the improved K/9 and K;/BB rates and the amzing 2.63 Road ERA. He could approach his career year of 2001 or best it in 2005 in my view.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-20-2005, 01:41 AM
Shingo has me worried a little bit. I'd still keep him as our closer but if he struggles a lot at least we have a ton of possible replacements. I'd probably go with Jon Adkins. Why? I don't know.

balke
03-20-2005, 02:13 AM
From what I saw, Shingo was throwing all fastballs. I saw the inning he let up the Hr, and everything he threw was a fastball 88-89. And he threw a few good ones with movement to get the out.

I don't think he's struggling at all. The last outing he had I saw some of the frisbee pitch and it looked great. I think he's fine, may just be seeing if he can get outs with his fastball.

Dan H
03-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Spring Training or no spring training, this was a great performance. If there is one pitcher fans can count on in Chicago, it is Mark Buerhle. What Wood and Prior don't seem understand is that you have to stay healthy if you are going to contribute to your team. Buerhle has been there year in and year out.

SpammySosa
03-20-2005, 09:36 AM
Well, I thought it was just a coincidence that it happened in the same game that Frank went 6-7 with five home runs and a triple.:cool:

Talk about computer glitch!! :wink:

Fredsox
03-20-2005, 10:15 AM
I saw Shingo pitch last Sunday against the Rockies in Tucson, and his work was beautiful. Three batters: 1 pop-up, 1 ground ball, and 1 strike-out.

As others have said, if last spring was any metric we should really not fret at all about him. An ERA under 3 and 25-30 saves is what I'm looking for from him, but if he can't do it we have 3 other guys with major league closing experience.

Contreras and Hernandez are my question marks, but I think we really need to see them both get a couple of regular season starts before be send for B-Mac.

SOX ADDICT '73
03-20-2005, 02:39 PM
Frank went 6-7 with five home runs and a triple.
Were all three outfielders knocked unconscious?:tongue:

Lip Man 1
03-20-2005, 02:42 PM
Sox 73:

Thomas' first MLB hit was a triple at Milwaukee. (Thanks Rob Deer...)

Lip

SOX ADDICT '73
03-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Yeah, I remember him looking mighty svelte when he first came up. Thanks for the bit of obscure trivia, Lip. You continue to amaze.:smile:

mccombe_35
03-20-2005, 02:48 PM
Sox 73:

Lip

lol

I remember watching that game as a kid. Didn't Deer hurt his elbow or something while jumping at the wall to catch the deep drive to right field?