PDA

View Full Version : Beer!

FarWestChicago
10-31-2001, 11:37 PM
:beer

This is helping this Yankmee mess. Plus, I'm beat from installing the board upgrade today. Man, I just finished with XP a couple of days ago...

Jerry_Manuel
10-31-2001, 11:46 PM
What exactly did you do to the board West? I can see some differences but would like to hear it from you. I'll go to bed and check in the morning for my answer.

FarWestChicago
10-31-2001, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
What exactly did you do to the board West? I can see some differences but would like to hear it from you. I'll go to bed and check in the morning for my answer. I installed the new version that came out today. Look around and see what you find. I'm not even sure yet myself. :)

OfficerKarkovice
11-01-2001, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago

mmmmmmmm...beeeeeer...beer is good

cheeses_h_rice
11-01-2001, 12:47 AM
Beer is the answer, definitely the answer.

So, it's my friend's 38th birthday today (11/1), so I go over to his place to get him to go out. We watch the D-backs take a most beautiful and welcome 3-1 lead in the 7th, then we head out to have some frosty Old Styles. While walking over to a local tavern, I joke about us getting to the bar only to see the Yanks up 4-3 in the 8th.

No, so it's 3-1 still in the 9th. Cool. Hey, Byung "I'm About to Become the Biggest World Series Goat in Many, Many Years" Hyung Kim has 2 outs on the Yanks. In the bag, right?

Dang, base hit by O'Neill. Oh well, surely he'll get Tino Martinez out.

Ohhhhhkay, so Martinez comes through. (God you should have heard the groans and "GODDAMMIT"s throughout the bar -- almost 100% Yanks haters.)

Surely the D-backs will win this in extra innings, right?

Hmm, they're running Kim out there again in the 10th. Don't they have any better closers? Swindell? Morgan?

Oops, Derek Jeter just poked out a 197-foot homer to right. My nightmare continues. Please kill me. Kill me now, please, pretty please?!?

Sorry guys, tonight was just plain friggin' painful. I had a few Old Styles in the bar and it's lookin' like one more Sierra Nevada is in order before I call it a night.

Goddamn I hate the Yankees. I really, really, really do.

ihatethecubs
11-01-2001, 02:47 AM

Paulwny
11-01-2001, 06:00 AM
West, a few days ago you said that the yanks could be "annoying". After last night I hope your description of the yanks will now consist of the gutter words I use in describing them.
I wanted to shave last night before going to sleep, no luck, my wife hid the razor blades.

GASHWOUND
11-01-2001, 07:44 AM
I installed the new version that came out today. Look around and see what you find. I'm not even sure yet myself. :)

Yeah, what did you do Mr. West? I noticed you can see who's online on the specific board you're on.

GASHWOUND
11-01-2001, 07:48 AM

This is helping this Yankmee mess. Plus, I'm beat from installing the board upgrade today. Man, I just finished with XP a couple of days ago...

Is that the beer you drink? You sound like a Miller Genuine Draft kind of guy.

FarWestChicago
11-01-2001, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
West, a few days ago you said that the yanks could be "annoying". After last night I hope your description of the yanks will now consist of the gutter words I use in describing them.
I wanted to shave last night before going to sleep, no luck, my wife hid the razor blades. Sometimes I understate things. I meant annoying as in being burned alive annoying.

FarWestChicago
11-01-2001, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Is that the beer you drink? You sound like a Miller Genuine Draft kind of guy. Actually, I was drinking MGD. That is just the officail beer tag.

Soxheads
11-01-2001, 12:34 PM
:beer How come 5 of the tops are gold and 1 is silver?

WinningUgly!
11-01-2001, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Soxheads
:beer How come 5 of the tops are gold and 1 is silver?

Nice catch Soxheads! I think this pick comes straight outta PHG's photo album. As he was getting ready to take the picture, he couldn't resist that good ole Falstaff! He had to replace the one he drank with a diet Pepsi to complete the sixpack!
B U S T E D ! :)

FarWestChicago
11-01-2001, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!

I think this pick comes straight outta PHG's photo album. As he was getting ready to take the picture, he couldn't resist that good ole Falstaff! He had to replace the one he drank with a diet Pepsi to complete the sixpack!
B U S T E D ! :) It is a PHG special. Hmmm, the fraudulent use of Pepsico products....

doublem23
11-01-2001, 01:11 PM
I installed the new version that came out today. Look around and see what you find. I'm not even sure yet myself. :)

Well, for starters, the pumpkins are gone, West. Now it's time to bust out some turkeys.

That, and at the top of the board pages, it shows which members are on the board. Sorry if someone posted this, but study just ended, and I have to to to Religion post-haste!

Iwritecode
11-01-2001, 01:36 PM
Actually, I was drinking MGD. That is just the officail beer tag.

Does anyone else think it's time to update the beer tag to something not quite so out-dated? I'm sure we could find something. Just think about all those cardboard cutouts and posters they usually have at the stores.

Maybe a picture with Messica holding a case of beer?

Carmen Electra...?

Nikki Cox...?

FarWestChicago
11-01-2001, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

Well, for starters, the pumpkins are gone, West. Now it's time to bust out some turkeys.

That, and at the top of the board pages, it shows which members are on the board. Sorry if someone posted this, but study just ended, and I have to to to Religion post-haste! The pumpkins had nothing to do with the new version. I just switched because Halloween was over. I haven't found good turkeys yet. I'll stick with the bulbs until then.

FarWestChicago
11-01-2001, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Does anyone else think it's time to update the beer tag to something not quite so out-dated? I'm sure we could find something. Just think about all those cardboard cutouts and posters they usually have at the stores.

Maybe a picture with Messica holding a case of beer?I like the traditional beer tag. But, Messica holding a case.... :)

Paulwny
11-01-2001, 01:46 PM
I like the traditional beer tag. But, Messica holding a case.... :)

Leave it alone, she's already carrying two nice jugs.

FarWestChicago
11-01-2001, 02:42 PM

Leave it alone, she's already carrying two nice jugs. LOL!! Paul shoots and scores!

Soxheads
11-01-2001, 02:48 PM
That is Post of the Week material.

KempersRS
11-01-2001, 02:53 PM
That is Post of the Week material.

I think it is just the "Post of the random period of time" now.

Soxheads
11-01-2001, 02:57 PM
Either way it is one of the funniest posts I have seen in a while.

FarWestChicago
11-01-2001, 02:59 PM
Either way it is one of the funniest posts I have seen in a while. I almost fell out of my chair. People were wondering what I was laughing at, LOL!

Iwritecode
11-01-2001, 03:04 PM
Wanna try that attatchment again? All I get is the box with the X.

Soxheads
11-01-2001, 03:05 PM
She could get corporate sponsorship on something that size......or maybe just have FWC across the front.

Iwritecode
I almost fell out of my chair. People were wondering what I was laughing at, LOL!

Well, it's funny but he IS right.

Got cookies?

Spiff

Carmen Electra...?

Nikki Cox...?

Iwritecode
11-01-2001, 03:11 PM
Very nice. See, beer and jugs can go together. How do you think Hooters makes all their money? I'm betting it's not their food.

Jerry_Manuel
11-01-2001, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by KempersRS
I think it is just the "Post of the random period of time" now.

Way to knock the site Mr. Positive.

KempersRS
11-01-2001, 03:51 PM

Way to knock the site Mr. Positive.

Gimme a break for once, it was totally harmless.

Jerry_Manuel
11-01-2001, 04:09 PM
Gimme a break for once, it was totally harmless.

Oh, sorry.

CLR01
11-01-2001, 04:12 PM
umm how about this one.

KempersRS
11-01-2001, 04:13 PM

Oh, sorry.

I was just wondering why you always give me such a hard time. Maybe you are joking around, it's hard to tell, but I was just wondering.

Jerry_Manuel
11-01-2001, 04:33 PM
I was just wondering why you always give me such a hard time. Maybe you are joking around, it's hard to tell, but I was just wondering.

I usually joke around with you, I just don't add the :) all the time.
If it bothers you just say so and I'll lay off.

Jerry_Manuel
11-01-2001, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
umm how about this one.

Is that you CLR?
I would have thought you would be wearing a Cade jersey.

KempersRS
11-01-2001, 04:53 PM

I usually joke around with you, I just don't add the :) all the time.
If it bothers you just say so and I'll lay off.

The :) really helps. No :) can be confusing. But ok, I was just curious :)

Daver
11-01-2001, 06:01 PM

Carmen Electra...?

Nikki Cox...?

Unless we can come up with a Buckhorn or a Schlitz picture I think the current tag should remain,after all it is one the classic American beers.

CLR01
11-01-2001, 07:19 PM

Is that you CLR?
I would have thought you would be wearing a Cade jersey.

Yes it is me, both my Cade and Iginla jerseys were at the cleaners.

Jerry_Manuel
11-01-2001, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
Yes it is me, both my Cade and Iginla jerseys were at the cleaners.

I figured it was you.
I had a feeling they were.

FarWestChicago
11-03-2001, 03:00 AM

Leave it alone, she's already carrying two nice jugs. Congrats, Paul! You are the Post of the Week:

Paul's moment in the spotlight (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/PostoftheWeek.htm)

voodoochile
11-03-2001, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by daver

Unless we can come up with a Buckhorn or a Schlitz picture I think the current tag should remain,after all it is one the classic American beers.

BuckHorn? I haven't heard that name in 20 years. A little guy at OSU in the early 80's used to drink it by the case. Many a Saturday he would run out around 11:00 and have to go out to buy more, despite the fact that there was a fridge full of other brands. Junior only drank Buckhorn... Is it is hunting thing with the stag on the front? Didn't know they sold Buckhorn nationally, I always thought it was an Ohio thing...

Paulwny
11-03-2001, 10:42 AM
Congrats, Paul! You are the Post of the Week:

Paul's moment in the spotlight (http://whitesoxinteractive.com/PostoftheWeek.htm)

Drum roll......................
I'd like to thank the academy, my parents for having me, but most of all my wife........... oops, I hope she never sees that post.

PaleHoseGeorge
11-03-2001, 01:10 PM
It is a PHG special. Hmmm, the fraudulent use of Pepsico products....

LMAO! The sixth can is another type of beer, but I don't remember which brand. I think it's Old Style Light, a 15-pack purchased by mistake by Mrs. PHG. If I'm going to drink cheap beer, it at least needs to be the real stuff, not some watered down variety!

For the record, I had a full case of Falstaff but gave away and drank too many to complete the six-pack. The picture is over a year old.

Current beer in-stock:

Miller Lite in cans and Becks regular and Oktoberfest in bottles. I also have one or two bottles of Guinness and Newcastle in the fridge. Life is good.

FarWestChicago
11-03-2001, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

LMAO! The sixth can is another type of beer, but I don't remember which brand. I think it's Old Style Light, a 15-pack purchased by mistake by Mrs. PHG. If I'm going to drink cheap beer, it at least needs to be the real stuff, not some watered down variety!Well, at least it was beer. :)