PDA

View Full Version : My Dad made ESPN web Site:

chidavid18
03-18-2005, 09:17 PM
I don't know if this is the right form but my dad was on espn page 2 for this article about the white sox.
linkey:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=caple/050309

OzzieBall2004
03-18-2005, 09:27 PM
Right on the 'roids (as far as we all know anyway), but wrong on good shape.

El Duque=Jacked
Rowand=Jacked
Dye=Pretty damn good shape
Frank=Not exactley cut, but he's in great shape

NSSoxFan
03-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Right on the 'roids (as far as we all know anyway), but wrong on good shape.

El Duque=Jacked
Rowand=Jacked
Dye=Pretty damn good shape
Frank=Not exactley cut, but he's in great shape

Yea, your dad made it sound like we're running a bunch of Ralphie Mays out there on the field. :redneck

SluggersAway
03-18-2005, 09:32 PM
While I appreciate and understand your enthusiasm for your dad's article, a mention in the 17th paragraph is hardly an article on the Sox. Not to mention the fact that the only thing he talks about is the last time we won the World Series (as if we need to be reminded) and the fact that a "long time fan" doesn't think anyone on the team is on steroids since "none of them is in that good of shape."

A for effort, but tell me something I don't know and how about some evidence for Einstein's two-seam fastball.

NSSoxFan
03-18-2005, 09:45 PM
I don't think we would ever get anything like that in the chicago papers.

If the Sox were down to only getting a mention in the 17th paragraph of a chicago newspaper article, then you're right. But, since that will never happen, no matter how biased the chicago media is, your statement is wrong.

pssondacubs
03-19-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey, Congrats. I'm glad to see you're proud of your dad. It's tough when someone sticks a microphone in your face and asks you questions on a subject you have a couple of seconds with to think of an answer for. Especially when it's ESPN. They have never had anything positive to say about the sox. So no matter what or how was said it will be wrote in a negative manner when involving the White Sox. I'm with ya, anything my Dad does is important in my world.

kittle42
03-19-2005, 12:02 PM
Especially when it's ESPN. They have never had anything positive to say about the sox. So no matter what or how was said it will be wrote in a negative manner when involving the White Sox.

:whiner:

patbooyah
03-19-2005, 12:16 PM
hey man- i think its a fine quote. your pops was obviously making a joke. i think its cool.

don't let some of the overly bitter chotches on this board make you feel otherwise.

pat dahl

PAPChiSox729
03-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Hey, Congrats. I'm glad to see you're proud of your dad. It's tough when someone sticks a microphone in your face and asks you questions on a subject you have a couple of seconds with to think of an answer for. Especially when it's ESPN. They have never had anything positive to say about the sox. So no matter what or how was said it will be wrote in a negative manner when involving the White Sox. I'm with ya, anything my Dad does is important in my world.

Under the Radar

WhiteSoxFan84
03-19-2005, 06:12 PM
ur dad is jim caple?

chidavid18
03-19-2005, 11:15 PM
:angry:The White Sox fan he interviewed.:angry:

pssondacubs
03-20-2005, 10:05 PM
My only point is that I can tell you're proud that your dad made the article. I would have been proud too. Yes, I can tell your dad was joking. In no way was I trying to be negative. I remember the only time I had a reporter stick a microphone in my face, and I was stumped as what to say. But, after she had left I thought of about 10 things I should have said.. But the first thing I should have asked her was if she wanted to go out for a drink...:rolleyes:

patbooyah
03-20-2005, 10:11 PM
i wasn't talking about you pss... it just seemed like people were being a little hard on the kid for posting his dad's quote. your response seemed kindhearted, whereas the other folks seemed kind of antagonistic.