PDA

View Full Version : I love Cub fans

FedEx227
03-18-2005, 07:49 PM
I was searching through a Cubs forum....and found them bashing Hawk/DJ

Quote:Harrelsons "you can put it on the board...yes" is simply nauseating. "

He gone." is even worse. Thank God they don't do our games.

I wonder if Harry's "It might be, it could be..." annoyed fans of other teams?? I can't imagine nearly as much as this...

I love their insane obviousness.... (is that word?)

BigEdWalsh
03-18-2005, 08:14 PM
Yeah, well when Harry Caray was with the Sox, Cubbie fans hated him too. They're clueless.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-18-2005, 08:21 PM
Better than the generic sounding crap announcers the cubs have in Kasper and Brenly. I think Chip was even better than the new ones.

PatK
03-18-2005, 08:37 PM
Cubs fans don't realize that they are the laughingstock of the country for thinking he was a good announcer.

I love seeing them get massively peeved when Will Farrell does his impersonation.

Uncle_Patrick
03-18-2005, 09:31 PM
I saw this post on that Cubs board, too. I thought the funniest thing I read was the guy who said "How can Sox fans stand listening to those two guys?" and I was thinking, "This comes from the same people who think Ron Santo is a great broadcaster."

FedEx227
03-18-2005, 09:40 PM
well I love incoherant babbling and the occasional screaming at the top of your lungs..

Viva Medias B's
03-18-2005, 09:47 PM
"This comes from the same people who think Ron Santo is a great broadcaster."

He's also a Hall of Famer; both as a player and a broadcaster.

And just wait until the day Ron Santo leaves this world. The media will make it out to be the biggest departure of a Chicago figure since Richard J. Daley.

Vestigio
03-19-2005, 12:07 AM
"This comes from the same people who think Ron Santo is a great broadcaster."

Anybody have the soundbite of Santo's "OOOooOOoo!!!"? I remember it being on Mike North's webpage, but when I checked over there it looked like it was moved.

Any help?

J Co
03-19-2005, 12:26 AM
:redneck Anybody have the soundbite of Santo's "OOOooOOoo!!!"? I remember it being on Mike North's webpage, but when I checked over there it looked like it was moved.

Any help?

I think I have the soundbite you're talking about (I can't remember where I got it). If you let me know your email address, I'll send it to you.

Vestigio
03-19-2005, 12:30 AM
:redneck

I think I have the soundbite you're talking about (I can't remember where I got it). If you let me know your email address, I'll send it to you.

Rowshambow@aol.com

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-19-2005, 01:10 AM
for some reason every time i try to load it from northtonorth.com it doesnt work http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/29/29_1_11.gif

Dan H
03-19-2005, 09:14 AM
I am not the biggest fan of Hawk and DJ, but it is more than obvious that Cub fans have no room to talk on the broadcaster issue. The Cubs keep Santo but let go of Stone. They care more about not offending Dusty Baker than they do about providing a quality broadcast for their fans. But then again, who says the Tribune Company cares about the fans?

jake27
03-19-2005, 10:23 AM
:redneck

if u could send it too me too it would be great!

jtheland@nmu.edu

FedEx227
03-19-2005, 10:45 AM
Theres a link of it always floating around surprised nobody has it...

its on that one Cubs Suck page that looks like the Tribune.

TommyJohn
03-19-2005, 10:46 AM
He's also a Hall of Famer; both as a player and a broadcaster.

And just wait until the day R,on Santo leaves this world. The media will make it out to be the biggest departure of a Chicago figure since Richard J. Daley.

Richard J. Daley? Hell, Harry Caray got a bigger sendoff than him.

I want Mags back
03-19-2005, 11:50 AM

I wonder if Harry's "It might be, it could be..." annoyed fans of other teams?? I can't imagine nearly as much as this...

thats a great idea. Whenever we quote flub fans, flubs, the flubune, etc. It should be written in royal blue, so we always no who is talking

C-Dawg
03-19-2005, 03:37 PM
Quote:Harrelsons "you can put it on the board...yes" is simply nauseating.

Imagine if the Hawk had gone on to become the replacement for Chip; I think he would have eventually become as beloved by Cub fans as Harry was. Just like Harry, he eventually would become a babbling, senile boob who dosn't know what team the Cubs are playing. But the Cub fans would love him! And when he dies, there would be a statue of the Hawk erected outside Wrigley Field, right next to the one of Harry. And the cartoon caricature face of Hawk in his cowboy hat will be seen all over Wrigley Field along with Harry and his glasses.

Uncle_Patrick
03-19-2005, 05:23 PM
Imagine if the Hawk had gone on to become the replacement for Chip; I think he would have eventually become as beloved by Cub fans as Harry was.

I was thinking the same thing. If Hawk broadcast for the Cubs, these same losers complaining about what hick he is would be carrying signs at Wrigley saying "He Gone!" and "You Can Put It On The Board" and talking about how he is one of the greatest broadcasters ever. The hypocrisy of those idiots complaining about any other teams broadcasters is astounding.

buehrle4cy05
03-19-2005, 08:24 PM
Cubs fans don't realize that they are the laughingstock of the country for thinking he was a good announcer.

I love seeing them get massively peeved when Will Farrell does his impersonation.

"Now we all know the moon isn't made of green cheese. But if the moon was made of barbeque spare ribs, would you eat the moon?"

buehrle4cy05
03-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Oh and I guess Cubs fans are searching a little bit more to try and blast the Sox...well, we have 5 healthy starting pitchers.

MeanFish
03-19-2005, 09:36 PM
"Now we all know the moon isn't made of green cheese. But if the moon was made of barbeque spare ribs, would you eat the moon?"

I know I would.

PAPChiSox729
03-19-2005, 10:54 PM

That is a Will Ferrel classic. I'm cracking up just thinking about it.
:roflmao:

soxwon
03-19-2005, 11:25 PM

UHH i was at both sox victories over the cubs in ZONA.
And MANY cubs fans were using"HE GONE" even when the cubs struck out.

CubsfansareDRUNK
03-20-2005, 12:13 AM

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_213.gif

Wsoxmike59
03-20-2005, 03:07 PM
Anybody have the soundbite of Santo's "OOOooOOoo!!!"? I remember it being on Mike North's webpage, but when I checked over there it looked like it was moved.

Any help?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/1998/09/23/cubs_brewers/cubs.html

I can't remember where I found this, but I saved it for all posterity! :D:

FedEx227
03-20-2005, 03:11 PM
Would you rather be the head scientist in your field...or have MAAD-COW...?

Eh...probably head scientist in my field..

GOOOD...i was afraid you would say Mad-COW!

C-Dawg
03-24-2005, 10:21 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/baseball/mlb/news/1998/09/23/cubs_brewers/cubs.html

I can't remember where I found this, but I saved it for all posterity! :D:

Whose voice is that on the clip? It doesn't sound like Santo but then again I could be wrong since I'm trying to listen here at work and there's some machinery running that makes it hard to hear properly.

Vestigio
03-24-2005, 03:25 PM
Whose voice is that on the clip? It doesn't sound like Santo but then again I could be wrong since I'm trying to listen here at work and there's some machinery running that makes it hard to hear properly.

I dont know who it is, but its not Santo. Probably some sports broadcaster working for CNN.

cbrownson13
03-24-2005, 04:40 PM

Yeah, my best friend is a Cubs fan. (One of the well educated, not on the Cubbie kool-aid kind) And he always says "He Gone". In fact, I have class with a few Cubs fans and they always say it too. Now they could be saying it in jest, but I don't think they are that clever.

Palehose13
03-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Imagine if the Hawk had gone on to become the replacement for Chip; I think he would have eventually become as beloved by Cub fans as Harry was. Just like Harry, he eventually would become a babbling, senile boob who dosn't know what team the Cubs are playing. But the Cub fans would love him! And when he dies, there would be a statue of the Hawk erected outside Wrigley Field, right next to the one of Harry. And the cartoon caricature face of Hawk in his cowboy hat will be seen all over Wrigley Field along with Harry and his glasses.

You are absolutely correct. If Hawk went to the wrong side of the city to broadcast, he would be a god to those fans.

Mohoney
03-25-2005, 01:16 AM
"If you said no, I'd have bitten your ear off!"

StillMissOzzie
03-25-2005, 01:37 AM
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:pC82E0jkqwYJ:files.intellisite.com/1/5/7/8/5.jpg (http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://files.intellisite.com/1/5/7/8/5.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cpyu.org/pageview.asp%3FPageID%3D7278&h=260&w=350&sz=16&tbnid=pC82E0jkqwYJ:&tbnh=86&tbnw=116&start=2&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dtriumph%2Binsult%2Bcomic%2Bdog%26hl%3 Den%26lr%3D%26sa%3DN)
[Triumph the Insult comic dog]

"I love Cub fans too ... for me to poop on!!!" [/Triumph the Insult comic dog]

SMO
:gulp: