PDA

View Full Version : If We did trade Lee for Ortiz......

MaggPipes
11-01-2001, 12:03 AM
Than we would more than likely play Rowand in LF, and give Liefer some starts their as Liefer would also fill in for Crede....

Jerry_Manuel
11-01-2001, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
Than we would more than likely play Rowand in LF, and give Liefer some starts their as Liefer would also fill in for Crede....

No, no, no, no, no, no, and did I mention no?
Jeff Liefer shouldn't be playing 3rd base at all, especially in place of Joe Crede. I swear if Manuel plays some righty/lefty BS with Crede and Liefer, I'll be pissed. I would assume Rowand plays left with Chris in center.

Or maybe my guy Juilo! (Crickets)

Pete Ward
11-01-2001, 08:09 AM
I swear if Manuel plays some righty/lefty BS with Crede and Liefer, I'll be pissed.

Prepare to be pissed. I think that is Manual plan. Platoon Crede and Liefer.

WinningUgly!
11-01-2001, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Pete Ward

Prepare to be pissed. I think that is Manual plan. Platoon Crede and Liefer.

I think the plan is to make Liefer our leftfielder vs. righthanded pitchers. I don't have any problem with that. Nobody on this team should be taking at bats or playing time from Joe Crede!

Jerry_Manuel
11-01-2001, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
Nobody on this team should be taking at bats or playing time from Joe Crede!

That was more or less my point. Unless Crede is hurt he should be in there every damn day.

oldcomiskey
11-01-2001, 05:45 PM
I said the same thing about Manos and Milk too

Daver
11-01-2001, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

That was more or less my point. Unless Crede is hurt he should be in there every damn day.

I agree Jerry,except for an occasional break Crede should play everyday,and Leifer should never be allowed anywhere third base.I would almost rather see Konerko"The Human Turtle"than Leifer at third.

GASHWOUND
11-01-2001, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by daver

I agree Jerry,except for an occasional break Crede should play everyday,and Leifer should never be allowed anywhere third base.I would almost rather see Konerko"The Human Turtle"than Leifer at third.

Whats up with all the Leif haters? Did he say something bad? I know he's not the best D guy at 3rd but when you would rather have Konerko play 3rd than Leif I tend to get worried.

duke of dorwood
11-01-2001, 08:41 PM
I am a Crede guy. But, if they play their usual games with him, does any one think Durham can play third?

Daver
11-01-2001, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I am a Crede guy. But, if they play their usual games with him, does any one think Durham can play third?

*****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

No.
He has enough problems at second.

WinningUgly!
11-02-2001, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Whats up with all the Leif haters? Did he say something bad? I know he's not the best D guy at 3rd but when you would rather have Konerko play 3rd than Leif I tend to get worried.

Nobody hates Liefer, he's just a butcher at 3b! He's a good lefthanded bat that needs to be in the lineup whenever a righty is on the mound. LF is the logical place to put him...he'll never win a gold glove, but he won't be any worse than C-Lee is. He can't hit a lefthanded pitcher to save his life, but that too might come around with some regular PT. The talk about him becoming our everyday 1stbaseman is long gone thanks to Pauly's great season. PK has become pretty damn solid defensively at 1B, as well.