PDA

View Full Version : Sox-Cubs: how will you mark the occasion?

Baby Fisk
03-18-2005, 09:47 AM
It's a poll for a quiet, post-St. Paddy's Friday. We're in the last couple of weeks of ST. Sox play the Cubs today for the second time in pre-season. If the Sox pull off the mini-sweep, how will you mark the occasion?

samram
03-18-2005, 10:07 AM
Well, I may be drunk later tonight, but there's no one down here to really taunt. Therefore, I had to pick doing nothing.

kittle42
03-18-2005, 10:09 AM
Celebrating spring training wins is pointless.

Brian26
03-18-2005, 10:21 AM
Celebrating spring training wins is pointless.

Some player had a nice line on the news the other night. "They don't put spring training statistics on the back of baseball cards." Let's sweep the crybabies 6-0 in the regular season this year when it matters.

robertks61
03-18-2005, 12:48 PM
Some player had a nice line on the news the other night. "They don't put spring training statistics on the back of baseball cards." Let's sweep the crybabies 6-0 in the regular season this year when it matters.

I'll drink to that one! Tonight......

itsnotrequired
03-18-2005, 01:46 PM
Drunken Friday night rampage of celebration and taunting.

That's what I'll be doing. Wait, there's a game that day?:tongue:

chisoxmike
03-18-2005, 01:52 PM
Granted, there's nothing better than beating the Cubs, but come on, its Spring Training, lets sweep them in May and June.

DumpJerry
03-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Winning games in ST is meaningless. The teams are using players out of position (i.e., Garland in relief) and players who will, at best, be seen in the September call ups. Pitchers are experimenting with new pitches and/or mechanics, batters are trying out new mechanics. They are not at all a gage of what the team will do in the Real Deal.

Also, I would hate, HATE, to have to eat crow if we win today and I gloat only to have the Scrubs somehow pull off even one victory in the regular season.:angry:

HomeFish
03-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Will today's game be broadcast anywhere in Chicago?

jcw218
03-18-2005, 02:44 PM
Will today's game be broadcast anywhere in Chicago?

I know that ESPN 1000 is airing todays game. I do not know about TV though

jake27
03-18-2005, 02:50 PM
its nice, but its not a big deal. if they got swept it wouldnt have mattered much

chisox06
03-18-2005, 11:03 PM
I'd rather win em then lose em but thats about the extent of it, glad they swept em, but its really not that big of a deal. Is it April 4th yet?

itsnotrequired
03-19-2005, 02:14 AM
Drunken Friday night rampage of celebration and taunting.

That's what I'll be doing. Wait, there's a game that day?:tongue:

Mission complete. Tanked up and feeling fine. I let a few of my hombres know my feelings on the game today but that really wasn't the point.:bandance:

Gosox1917
03-19-2005, 03:17 AM
I voted on a drunken celebration and here I am. SOX WIN CUBS LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! May the same happen during May and June. Wow. Decent use of punctuation and spelling at this time. I am a hero. God bless the White Sox and their fans. Good night all.

Heart-Gosox1917

SOXSINCE'70
03-19-2005, 09:04 AM
My 7 year old niece had the right attitude (sadly,her allegiances
lie on the Dark Side,aka "Loserville").She said "Even if the sCrUBS
lose today,it doesn't mean anything 'cause the games don't
count.Even if they lost in April,I wouldn't be sad."
(Good thing.With Prior sidelined all of April and "Kerry Woods"
missing at least one start,if not more,the sCrUBS will lose
more than their share of games in April).:D: :D: :D:

PAPChiSox729
03-19-2005, 09:12 AM
I know the games mean nothing but these two wins give me some more confidence going into the season. Sure, it is basically clash of the AAA teams, but there isn't much better then sweeping the Cubs.

LongLiveFisk
03-19-2005, 11:04 AM
My 7 year old niece had the right attitude (sadly,her allegiances
lie on the Dark Side,aka "Loserville").She said "Even if the sCrUBS
lose today,it doesn't mean anything 'cause the games don't
count.Even if they lost in April,I wouldn't be sad."
(Good thing.With Prior sidelined all of April and "Kerry Woods"
missing at least one start,if not more,the sCrUBS will lose
more than their share of games in April).:D: :D: :D:

Wow, she actually used the term "sCrUBS"?
(Or was that your own edit?) :cool:

Baby Fisk
03-20-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I'm glad they swept but didn't drink any more than my usual Friday night intake, which in some developing nations might still be deemed the stuff of witchcraft. :cool:

A special note of thanks to all the voters for resoundingly crushing the "Baby Fisk go away until April" option. :thumbsup:

SOXSINCE'70
03-20-2005, 01:06 PM
Wow, she actually used the term "sCrUBS"?
(Or was that your own edit?) :cool:

That's my edit.She actually calls them
the "C" word. (Cubs).

:thankgod :nocubs :chunks

soxwon
03-20-2005, 03:46 PM
To me a win over the Cubs in ST is as good as a regular season win over them.
I dont want to lose to them EVER, even if its MARBLES.
I Loathe the Cubs so much, im exchuberant to have been there to witness both victories.
I love seeing cub fans whining.

PAPChiSox729
03-20-2005, 04:46 PM
To me a win over the Cubs in ST is as good as a regular season win over them.
I dont want to lose to them EVER, even if its MARBLES.
I Loathe the Cubs so much, im exchuberant to have been there to witness both victories.
I love seeing cub fans whining.

I am glad that we beat the Cubs, but it is better in the regular season, when the games actually mean something.