PDA

View Full Version : More Swill From The Cub-Times

chuckn98229
03-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Have these people no shame? Some especially idiotic quotes from Greg Couch's column today:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg171.html

"the lesson is for the Cubs, who had something with this incredible starting rotation." Someone please tell me on what galaxy this has been incredible? The only incredible thing about it is the hype perpetuated by the moronic Chicago media.

"If this rotation goes by without one World Series, with all those revenues and record crowds, then that won't be bad luck, and it will be more than incompetence from Cubs ownership. It will be viciousness to the most loyal fans in the world. " Please - these people aren't loyal, they are just run-of-the-mill stupid.

Baby Fisk
03-17-2005, 12:33 PM
"If this rotation goes by without one World Series, with all those revenues and record crowds, then that won't be bad luck, and it will be more than incompetence from Cubs ownership. It will be viciousness to the most loyal fans in the world. " Please - these people aren't loyal, they are just run-of-the-mill stupid.
He means loyal like bewildered barn animals kind of loyal. Notice how Sox fans are never thought of as loyal? That's because they won't eat the **** that's fed to them, and get ornery about it.

Hangar18
03-17-2005, 01:31 PM
Have these people no shame? Some especially idiotic quotes from Greg Couch's column today:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/couch/cst-spt-greg171.html

"the lesson is for the Cubs, who had something with this incredible starting rotation." Someone please tell me on what galaxy this has been incredible? The only incredible thing about it is the hype perpetuated by the moronic Chicago media.

I was waiting for a media-type to use the old "most loyal fans in the world"
schtick

HomeFish
03-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Their rotation is incredible. Wood and Prior are first-class power pitchers with light-out stuff when they're healthy. Zambrano isn't far behind. Nor was Clement, when he wasn't hitting people or throwing wild pitches.

You're confusing "Cubs rotation sucks" with "Cubs rotation isn't healthy" or "Cubs rotation was mismanaged". Its the latter two, not the first.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-17-2005, 07:48 PM
You're confusing "Cubs rotation sucks" with "Cubs rotation isn't healthy" or "Cubs rotation was mismanaged". Its the latter two, not the first.

The Flubs' rotation sucks because it's NEVER HEALTHY.

What part of this don't you understand?

santo=dorf
03-17-2005, 07:56 PM
The Flubs' rotation sucks because it's NEVER HEALTHY.

What part of this don't you understand?

Apparently Homefish hasn't had all of the Cubbie Blue drained from his veins. :rolleyes:

Homefish, who's fault is it that Carrie can't stay healthy, and what about Prior's perfect mechanics?

balke
03-17-2005, 08:37 PM
Their rotation sucks this year. Its full of question marks :wink:

It felt good typing that. :cool: GET A CLOSER LOSERS! Sorry to that one cub fan that joined up, but its true. I'd be irate if I were a cub fan. Get me a darned closer

Fake Chet Lemon
03-17-2005, 10:57 PM
There is nothing worse than building around pieces that YOU CAN'T COUNT ON. That and their bullpen equals a staff that SUCKS.