PDA

View Full Version : A.J. Pierzynski on ESPN's Hot Seat...

WhiteSoxFan84
03-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Anyone catch Sportscenter last night? If you didn't, A.J. was on the "Hot Seat".

Some interesting stuff from the bit;

- A.J. stands for Anthony John
- touched on the rumors about him being a clubhouse cancer he responded that "they" said what they wanted to say and he didn't get a chance to defend himself. he said that really hurt him.
- when asked who "they" were he said Brett Tomko and Matt Herges
- him and the interviewer talked about how he will make the Sox/Twins rivalry so much better.

I was a little disappointed they didn't ask him about the new team and how he thinks the team would do.

Overall, A.J. did a great job. I'm really starting to like those black White Sox sweaters and hoodies. Think I'm going to get me one of each.

HITMEN OF 77
03-17-2005, 02:33 PM
That was a short Bud Hot Seat, ESPN rushed through that one. Brett Hull had like 5 minutes on there.

SoxFan76
03-17-2005, 02:36 PM
That was a short Bud Hot Seat, ESPN rushed through that one. Brett Hull had like 5 minutes on there.

MEDIA BIAS!!!!

soxfanforlife28
03-17-2005, 09:17 PM
Anyone catch Sportscenter last night? If you didn't, A.J. was on the "Hot Seat".

Some interesting stuff from the bit;

- A.J. stands for Anthony John
- touched on the rumors about him being a clubhouse cancer he responded that "they" said what they wanted to say and he didn't get a chance to defend himself. he said that really hurt him.
- him and the interviewer talked about how he will make the Sox/Twins rivalry so much better.

I was a little disappointed they didn't ask him about the new team and how he thinks the team would do.

Overall, A.J. did a great job. I'm really starting to like those black White Sox sweaters and hoodies. Think I'm going to get me one of each.Typical media hype. IF u arent the cubs yanks or redsox who cares what team u are on. Which the message we have been gettin for yrs. Im glad of this cuz it makes me a stronger fan to my beloved sox!

RichFitztightly
03-17-2005, 09:40 PM

That sucks about Matt Herges. I liked him, he's a Chicago area boy. My brother played ball with him. If I recall correctly, he's the one who said Konerko was the laziest player he's ever seen while the two of them were in the Dodgers minor leagues.

ChiWhiteSox1337
03-17-2005, 10:20 PM
Well, it's good to know it was guys such as Tomko and Herges whining about AJ. Those 2 pitchers aren't exactly the greatest in league. I'd be a little worried if Jason Schmidt was whining about AJ, but that's not the case. However, it's always nice to see white sox related stuff on ESPN. :bandance:

mike squires
03-18-2005, 05:35 PM
That sucks about Matt Herges. I liked him, he's a Chicago area boy. My brother played ball with him. If I recall correctly, he's the one who said Konerko was the laziest player he's ever seen while the two of them were in the Dodgers minor leagues.

Yeah, Herges is actually from Champaign and went to high school here.