PDA

View Full Version : Cubs supposedly announce Wood & Prior out for opening series

Flight #24
03-17-2005, 10:01 AM
as reported on ESPN1000, "Cubs management" have ruled out Wood & Prior puitching in the opening series, but have not (yet) ruled out pitching int he home opening series.

Risk
03-17-2005, 10:27 AM
And so it begins...

Risk

Tekijawa
03-17-2005, 10:31 AM
Next thing you know Mark Prior will be making little kids cry again when he refuses to sign autographs and leaves early at a nice little fan meet and greet.

Irishsox1
03-17-2005, 11:07 AM
This should come as no surprise. It takes pitchers a while to build up arm strength and if they are not pitching in spring training, they will not be ready in time for the beginning of the season.

As for Prior, what's with the sideburns? He looks like he's a Ricky Martin fan.

Hangar18
03-17-2005, 11:07 AM
and it was written .......
that there would be "Weeping and Wailing .... and Gnashing of Teeth" :cool:

Baby Fisk
03-17-2005, 11:08 AM
as reported on ESPN1000, "Cubs management" have ruled out Wood & Prior puitching in the opening series, but have not (yet) ruled out pitching int he home opening series.

Anyone have the Lansing Lugnuts schedule?

Rocklive99
03-17-2005, 11:08 AM
Another domino bites the dust

WhiteSoxFan84
03-17-2005, 11:14 AM
I want to share with you guys something that cracked me up yesterday...

I was driving to get a haircut around 5:45PM and I wasn't feeling great and wasn't in the mood for music so I was listenting to talk radio. MJ&H was on break, so was the Telander show, so I turned to WGN Radio. I don't know the guys name (it might be Spike O'del or whomever), but I find him as a good talker and he always seems to be talking about some interesting stuff. So I left the station on for a few minutes and right before they go to break he brings up the poll they had up and starts laughing saying, "I know I work for WGN, which is owned by the Chicago Tribune which owns the Cubs. I know we don't own the Cubs and the Cubs don't own us, but keep in mind, this wasn't my idea, this was Matt's idea..."

The poll question was; "Do you believe the Cubs when they say that injuries to Wood & Prior are not serious?" The results were pretty impressive;
16% - Yes, the Cubs are telling the truth (MORONS)
53% - No, I think that both Prior and Wood will miss sometime (during the season)
21% - No, we'll be lucky if we see either one before the All-Star Break (haha, I love this)

Realist
03-17-2005, 03:40 PM
I want to share with you guys something that cracked me up yesterday...

I was driving to get a haircut around 5:45PM and I wasn't feeling great and wasn't in the mood for music so I was listenting to talk radio. MJ&H was on break, so was the Telander show, so I turned to WGN Radio. I don't know the guys name (it might be Spike O'del or whomever), but I find him as a good talker and he always seems to be talking about some interesting stuff. So I left the station on for a few minutes and right before they go to break he brings up the poll they had up and starts laughing saying, "I know I work for WGN, which is owned by the Chicago Tribune which owns the Cubs. I know we don't own the Cubs and the Cubs don't own us, but keep in mind, this wasn't my idea, this was Matt's idea..."

The poll question was; "Do you believe the Cubs when they say that injuries to Wood & Prior are not serious?" The results were pretty impressive;
16% - Yes, the Cubs are telling the truth (MORONS)
53% - No, I think that both Prior and Wood will miss sometime (during the season)
21% - No, we'll be lucky if we see either one before the All-Star Break (haha, I love this)

I don't know whether I should be happy or upset but it appears at least a few Cubs fans are getting at least a little smarter.

Church Turtle
03-17-2005, 04:06 PM
and it was written .......
that there would be "Weeping and Wailing .... and Gnashing of Teeth" :cool:
Yea tho and verily.

(whitesoxfan84: I think that's John Williams. As long as they aren't focusing on baseball, he's normally entertaining. Interesting that so many of the fans have refused the cool aid.)

Fake Chet Lemon
03-17-2005, 09:49 PM
Well, we keep hearing about all this "great talented" pitching in the Cubs system. Put up or shut up time boys. I'm tired of hearing about an organizations great pitching whose original opening day starter never won more than 14 games. I hope some rooks come up and get pounded.

StillMissOzzie
03-17-2005, 11:50 PM
as reported on ESPN1000, "Cubs management" have ruled out Wood & Prior puitching in the opening series, but have not (yet) ruled out pitching in the home opening series.

On MJ&H, Harry also pondered that, if Carrie & Prior aren't ready to go in the dry heat of Arizona, they're gonna start the season at Wrigley in chilly 40 degree weather? Not likely...

SMO
:gulp:

DumpJerry
03-18-2005, 12:03 AM
I don't know whether I should be happy or upset but it appears at least a few Cubs fans are getting at least a little smarter.
Those were Sox fans voting.:D:

Levine reported that The Messiah will probably miss all of April.........

StillMissOzzie
03-22-2005, 01:34 PM
While I consider it poor form to applaud or even gloat over injuries like those to Carrie & Prior, I do get a BIG smile on my face when I hear that Sergio Mitre and Ryan Dempster are getting lit up like pinball machines in ST.

SMO
:D: