cbrownson13
03-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Poor guy.

Mickster
03-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Do you mean Billy Koch released by Blue Jays???? :tongue:

Rocky Soprano
03-17-2005, 09:48 AM
Dont you mean Billy Koch released by Blue Jays?

cbrownson13
03-17-2005, 09:50 AM
Do you mean Billy Koch released by Blue Jays???? :tongue:

No, Billy has just been made the commissioner and relieved the Blue Jays of their baseball duties.

Yea, I just noticed that, I fixed it.

NonetheLoaiza
03-17-2005, 09:53 AM
SIGN HIM UP!

PaleHoseGeorge
03-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Koch was terrible in the short time he pitched for the Sox. However he was a STAND UP GUY who took 100 percent of the blame for all of his performance failures.

On the very day CHEATS and FRAUDS like Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Rafael Palmiero take the fifth to protect themselves from self-incrimination (and Bonds and Giambi sit it out waiting for indictment by the BALCO grand jury), let's not forget we could do a whole lot worse than have 25 stand up guys like Billy Koch in our clubhouse.

Good luck, Billy Koch. We respect your accomplishments as a professional and a man. Neither of these ought to be taken for granted... especially on a day like this.
:(:

Baby Fisk
03-17-2005, 10:08 AM
I have nothing to say about this. :cool:

gosox41
03-17-2005, 10:21 AM
Poor guy.

:whocares

Not to be mean, but I'd rather forget all about the Billy Koch era in Chicago. He stunk it up with us and he would have stunk it up with the Blue Jays. I hope he enjoys retirement. At least KW made him a rich man. If those alleged rumors about Billy-boy juicing it up are true then he's obviously not on them now and the real Koch has shown up the last 2 seasons. He was never very good to begin with steroids or not.

Bob

Baby Fisk
03-17-2005, 10:32 AM
linky (http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050317&content_id=969647&vkey=spt2005news&fext=.jsp&c_id=tor)

Tekijawa
03-17-2005, 10:36 AM
... let's not forget we could do a whole lot worse than have 25 stand up guys like Billy Koch in our clubhouse.

That team would have an ERA of 20 and would find some way lose 163 games each year... But the interviews after the games would be great with 25 stand up guys talking about how bad they sucked and apologized for their performance

PaleHoseGeorge
03-17-2005, 10:47 AM
That team would have an ERA of 20 and would find some way lose 163 games each year... But the interviews after the games would be great with 25 stand up guys talking about how bad they sucked and apologized for their performance

I said we could do WORSE than 25 stand up guys. Obviously you disagree. I guess you're a Big Fan of Jose Canseco and the message he delivered on 60 Minutes.

Maybe your son or daughter will take Jose's advice and start juicing. Maybe you'll cheer them on, too?

:o:

DrCrawdad
03-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Koch was terrible in the short time he pitched for the Sox. However he was a STAND UP GUY who took 100 percent of the blame for all of his performance failures.

On the very day CHEATS and FRAUDS like Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, and Rafael Palmiero take the fifth to protect themselves from self-incrimination (and Bonds and Giambi sit it out waiting for indictment by the BALCO grand jury), let's not forget we could do a whole lot worse than have 25 stand up guys like Billy Koch in our clubhouse.

Good luck, Billy Koch. We respect your accomplishments as a professional and a man. Neither of these ought to be taken for granted... especially on a day like this.

HERE! HERE!

I was entirely disappointed in Koch's work on the field for the Sox. But I respect the way Koch handled matters.

People can dislike Koch for what he did on the field for the Sox. Unlike so many other Sox players though Koch accepted responsibility. I found that refreshing considering the Jaime Navarro and Jim Parque's that I've endured.

Flight #24
03-17-2005, 10:58 AM
HERE! HERE!

I was entirely disappointed in Koch's work on the field for the Sox. But I respect the way Koch handled matters.

People can dislike Koch for what he did on the field for the Sox. Unlike so many other Sox players though Koch accepted responsibility. I found that refreshing considering the Jaime Navarro and Jim Parque's that I've endured.

Yes. Don't confuse respect for the way Billy takes responsibility as compared to others like Navarro for approval of his on-field performance or any desire that he be on the team.

Irishsox1
03-17-2005, 11:03 AM
After Koch gave up that 9th inning homerun to Pierzinski in the 2002 playoffs, he was never the same. Yes, Billy lost velocity on his fast ball, but after that homerun he lost all confidence in himself. What did Yogi Berra say about baseball....50% of it is physical and 90% is mental.

MIgrenade
03-17-2005, 11:17 AM
I think his days were numbered once The Milkman hit the game winning HR off him when he was on the Blue Jays. It always stuck with him.

WhiteSoxFan84
03-17-2005, 11:18 AM
The Cubs can now go out and get the closer they've been looking for :cool:

NewyorkSoxFan
03-17-2005, 01:05 PM
ESPN News reports Pitcher Billy Koch was released by the Toronto Blue Jays.
How that guy fell like a rock in the east river. Why did it take us so long to figure out he sucks!!

NYSF

Unregistered
03-17-2005, 01:07 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2259

shoota
03-17-2005, 01:08 PM

:)

JKryl
03-17-2005, 02:32 PM

Absolutely. I cringed whenever he came out to the mound, But, he did act like a man afterwards. Not that it helped the Sox any.

Iguchi_4_MVP
03-17-2005, 03:01 PM
I agree with the thought that Koch was accountable for his horrible performances...but now that his career is over thanks to the league's steriod-testing policy, I hope he'll be "stand up" about what helped him to those 100-mph fastballs in Toronto and Oakland.

I dont think it was a coincidence that Oakland couldn't wait to dump him on the Sox once the league instituted testing.

Again - a great quote to read for sure, but I'll respect him more if he comes clean now that his body is.

DaleJRFan
03-17-2005, 03:02 PM
After Koch gave up that 9th inning homerun to Pierzinski in the 2002 playoffs, he was never the same. Yes, Billy lost velocity on his fast ball, but after that homerun he lost all confidence in himself. What did Yogi Berra say about baseball....50% of it is physical and 90% is mental.

the quote is...
"50% of baseball is 90% Mental"

JUribe1989
03-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I really hope Billy can find another team, even though he was so terrible I really liked him because he was so classy and just a stand-up guy in every way. He deserves a shot at another team. I think the Pirates or Reds should sign him and give him another shot.

soxfanforlife28
03-17-2005, 09:24 PM
Poor guy.I know i seen that on a espn stat board. Cant believe the guy was unbelieveable in oakland then came to the sox and bombed. I think theres some major issues in his head or something. I personally did like koch. But who knows.....

marlins03
03-18-2005, 02:07 PM
damn someone beat me to it but
http://www.u.arizona.edu/%7Ejasonk/sgq/Image/lastwk.jpg

Mohoney
03-20-2005, 07:56 PM
I found that refreshing considering the Jaime Navarro and Jim Parque's that I've endured.

Or the Jon Garland that we're still enduring.

hosieryofthegods
03-22-2005, 11:52 AM
I really hope Billy can find another team, even though he was so terrible I really liked him because he was so classy and just a stand-up guy in every way. He deserves a shot at another team. I think the Pirates or Reds should sign him and give him another shot.

This is the stand up guy who was quoted as saying "I just pretend the catcher's mitt is Mark Buehrle's face. They look about the same.", when asked about how he addressed his control problems. I found this when looking through the Athlon sports baseball preview issue.:angry:

Didn't seem to work for him.:redneck

TaylorStSox
03-22-2005, 01:07 PM
This is the stand up guy who was quoted as saying "I just pretend the catcher's mitt is Mark Buehrle's face. They look about the same.", when asked about how he addressed his control problems. I found this when looking through the Athlon sports baseball preview issue.:angry:

Didn't seem to work for him.:redneck

I'm sure he was being serious too. :rolleyes: